Sign in to follow this  
Brighton Yellow

FLARE

So who let off the flare in the upper tier today? Landed right in front of us and we couldn''t see anything or breathe for about 4 minutes after Pilkington scored. It seemed to come from behind us in row NN of block P9. Everything went a bit Latin for a while!

I was right at the end (seat 6 and 7) on the right hand side, upper tier, and my shirt still stink of smoke now! I think it was fairly central upper tier

Im surprised they still haven''t caught these guy''s. We had flares go off in about 5 games last season obviously the same guys? Not that im knocking it. I think its good for the atmosphere

unless u suffer from asthama or any respitory problems ...............i dont find funny breathing that foul smelling stuff and its not what i paid 40 quid for either.Apart from the obvious there is always the worry someone could get burnt (wouldn''t be so funny then) lets face it we are Norwich not some latin club,if you wanna throw smoke bombs and flares F*** off to poland or italy and do it, before some innocent gets hurt! Rant over!

LOL. I must say, Poland is hardly very "Latin". Don''t go to Poland, there is no Frankie and Bennys there.

I think it was the woman next to me that set up the flare (smoke bomb). Maybe we should ban women from football.

Was literally directly infront of me, luckily I had a scarf to put over my face, although it did create an atmosphere for around 10 seconds. It was fairly obvious who done it as they made it obvious by standing on the stairs for a while after and then whilst the steward was standing next to them another friend clearly said ''nice one'' then walked off again.

[quote user="Divs crew"]unless u suffer from asthama or any respitory problems ...............i dont find funny breathing that foul smelling stuff and its not what i paid 40 quid for either.Apart from the obvious there is always the worry someone could get burnt (wouldn''t be so funny then) lets face it we are Norwich not some latin club,if you wanna throw smoke bombs and flares F*** off to poland or italy and do it, before some innocent gets hurt! Rant over![/quote]

chill out. i thought it was top.

It''s not big and it''s not clever. It also tarnishes the good name that the rest of us decent Norwich fans have in the wider football world.I guess whoever let the smoke bomb off doesn''t realise that if they get caught they face a well deserved ban. If it was you, grow up, or stay at home.

After one last year im sure there was a big thing about it from the club and paper saying they are looking for who done it and will ban them. However they seem to keep getting away with it. Good on them finally beating those Gestapo secret police within our ground it seems.

If banning smoking in public places was to protect peoples health,then why should it be ok to let off smoke bombs in football grounds? Its against the law, so it isnt right to do it anywhere other than in the correct places for there use.........The person that does these stupid things should grow up respect the rest of us who don''t wanna breathe in that putrid foul smelling smoke whilst watching norwich play.I hope they get caught and get banned i for one will would be happy with that out come......Its got nothing to do with chilling out or being a party pooper its about common sense,flares, smoke bombs,and flares should not be used in close confines or in crowded areas for obvious reasons ..........after all u wouldn''t let one off in ur living room whilst watching football on tv!

what''s the difference between flares and flares or were you talking about the trousers?

spoiling other peoples enjoyment FFS, get real you mard arses. there was smoke for about 10 seconds and it only added to and improved the atmosphere. I''ve got asthma myself, had no problems, infact I''ve never had a any problems with any smoke bombs let off at matches.but if you really are that worried you could always pull your jumper over your mouth for 10 seconds.

funny theres never been any reports of people having asthma attacks or anything after these.

some people on here would just rather everyone sat in silence and politely applauded when we score.

I think it''s you that needs to get real F.

The trouble is with some people is that as long as they are enjoying themselves it doesn''t matter about anyone else.

Most of us are quite able to shout and cheer to celebrate our goals without a face full of smoke, thank you.

How does anyone know that the majority of City fans there didn`t think it was just a bit of a laugh and added to the atmosphere? How was anyone`s enjoyment "spoiled"? I also have asthma but i`ve got far more respect for the people who let off the smoke-bomb than i have for the slack-jawed, wall-eyed numpties i was surrounded by at Wigan away, who literally didn`t utter a sound other than for about 30 seconds after our goal.

How has some numbnuts setting off a flare added to and improved the atmosphere forte?

I suffer from COPD which is worse than asthma and hate them bl00dy things being set off in football grounds, I wasn''t affected by the one set off yesterday as I was at the front of the lower section but was left with severe breathing problems for a few days after one was set off near me in the snakepit last season.

Thanks for clearing that up... It strikes me you seem to know an awful lot on the topic GH, perhaps you know how one of whatever mad contraption it was made it into the upper tier??

At the end of the day some people have said that the SMOKE bomb (not "Flare") caused them discomfort either physically or as an embarrassment so does anyone promoting continuing to throw SMOKE bombs or on the odd occasion a Flare feel that they have a right to carry on potentially causing physical discomfort or the chance of people feeling let down by their own fans?

I would never condom throwing any object in a football crowd.

As far as I know nothing was thrown yesterday.

I was sitting around 20 yards from where the smoke device was let off, and while it certainly stank, It didn''t cause any discomfort to me or anyone around me.

Take your word for it that it wasn''t necessarily "thrown" GH however the opening post seems to disagree with the remainder of your statement so perhaps even if someone attempts to "set one off amongst your own group" you cannot guarantee that it would not cause some level of discomfort can you?

"So who let off the flare in the upper tier today? Landed right in front of us and we couldn''t see anything or breathe for about 4 minutes after Pilkington scored. It seemed to come from behind us in row NN of block P9. Everything went a bit Latin for a while! "

Slightly curious as to what "condom-ing" a thrown object at a football match entails exactly, GH! On second thoughts, maybe I don''t want to know!

It didn''t affect me at all yesterday, as I was down the bottom near the front, so other than a little bit of smoke overhead I wouldn''t have known anything had happened. But, what''s the point? I''ve been to lots of away games over the years, and the atmosphere is usually brilliant, and we''ve never set anything like that off before. What did it add yesterday, other than annoying some people?

Obviously I cannot guarantee how anyone else may or may not be affected by what happened yesterday, I''m just saying it caused me or my friends who I went with no discomfort. Had I been sitting nearer to the smoke bomb and smoke got in my eyes I may well be on here moaning about it myself!