Sign in to follow this  
BarclayCanary (Former HDDH)

Aviva not the 'sponsor' for Arsenal Game

As the title suggests, the sponsor on the players shirts will be that of Railway Children, which is partnered with Aviva.

The link is here for anyone who is interested: http://www.canaries.co.uk/page/NewsDetails/0,,10355~2516055,00.html

Personally, I feel that without the Aviva sponsor it looks a bit wierd having black on a Yellow and Green shirt.

Is all for a good cause though and im sure it won''t effect how we play ^^

Am looking foward to Saturday and beating the Gooners.

OTBC!

This was such a good idea to kick off with, to support local, small, Norfolk charities.  Whilst Benjamin Foundation and Hamlet Centre tick the local, small, Norfolk boxes, EACH and Railway Children, worthy in their own rights, aren''t Norfolk based.  Shame I think, but good luck to them.

[quote user="way out west"]This was such a good idea to kick off with, to support local, small, Norfolk charities.  Whilst Benjamin Foundation and Hamlet Centre tick the local, small, Norfolk boxes, EACH and Railway Children, worthy in their own rights, aren''t Norfolk based.  Shame I think, but good luck to them.
[/quote]

EACH is very much Norfolk based. It''s not a national charity. Many of us were involved when it was Quidenham Hospice but now it''s East Anglia''s Children''s Hospices. EACH  supporst families and cares for children and young people with life-threatening conditions across Cambridgeshire, Essex, Norfolk and Suffolk. They provide care and support wherever the family wishes – in families’ own homes, in the community or at one of their hospices in Ipswich, Milton and Quidenham.

EACH is based in Cambridge: 

General enquiries to our Head Office

EACH Head Office, 42 High Street, Milton, Cambridge, CB24 6DF. Tel: 01223 205180. (from their website)

Quidenham is one of their services.  I think they do a great job, but they''re not a small, Norfolk based charity.

The Norfolk Fundraising Office is based at Quidenham. The reason why EACH were chosen by Aviva is because they won the vote amongst local charities taken by the EDP.

http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/children_s_hospice_clinches_canaries_shirt_honour_1_514762

It was one of the best days of my life when I was there to see the team play with the EACH logo on their shirts. If there is a more worthy local charity I''ve yet to find it.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

The Norfolk Fundraising Office is based at Quidenham. The reason why EACH were chosen by Aviva is because they won the vote amongst local charities taken by the EDP.

http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/children_s_hospice_clinches_canaries_shirt_honour_1_514762

It was one of the best days of my life when I was there to see the team play with the EACH logo on their shirts. If there is a more worthy local charity I''ve yet to find it.

[/quote]

You really do come across as a nice bloke with a heart of gold, Ed [img]http://services.pinkun.com/FORUMS/PINKUN/CS/emoticons/emotion-21.gif[/img]

I''m glad we''ve clarified that it is an East Anglian charity, HQ in Cambridge, with a base in Norfolk.These splinter supporter group meetings must have been scintilating.

[quote user="way out west"]I''m glad we''ve clarified that it is an East Anglian charity, HQ in Cambridge, with a base in Norfolk.These splinter supporter group meetings must have been scintilating.[/quote]I have a feeling we might make eight pages with this thread.

Ooh, what shall we have on our shirts in front of a worldwide TV audience (and some people in North London who support Arsenal)

Is it a charity looking after vunerable children or.... an international

finance company who can''t even be bothered to have the name of the fine

city it came from in its name anymore.  Railway Children wins for me.

Looked up what aviva meant on the internet once. Managed to find a French Bidet company.

Awww shucks Shyster, you''ll get me blushing[:$]

Truth is that I know a little bit about EACH, especially Quidenham, the work they do and the funds that need to be raised. I am lucky enough to be surrounded by many very generous people who help raise some of those funds. The day EACH was on the players shirts was a very special day. I never thought those two parts of my life would come together the way they did that day. I was lucky enough to be a guest of Aviva and had a wonderful day. But the most important thing was that the day made over £18500 for Quidenham Hospice. Oh, and the shirts looked great with the EACH logo!

Wes Hoolahan in EACH branded Norwich shirtPaul Lambert, NCFC Manager

Mister.. I''m not hanging around for 8 pages. The kids and families that the money helps care for are as local as you and I. The hospice is in Quidenham. They have a lot of open days where folk can take a look at the work they do and the money they need. This was recognised by enough EDP readers to ensure they won the local vote. The same vote that the Benjamin Foundation won the year before. I''m signing out here with the only thing I know abour Way Out West...........

........The dance : -

[H][;)]

Firstly, I think it''s a great gesture by both Norwich City and Aviva to have a one-off charity on the shirts for the Arsenal game on Saturday, especially given the exposure it will bring. It''s good that we are the first team in the Premier League to have done this.

Norwich have done this over the previous 3 seasons, though each time it''s been a ''local'' Norwich-based charity. I can''t remember them all off the top of my head but remember the Benjamin Foundation being one.

The Railway Children is, I understand, a national charity rather than local, so while it''s a great gesture I do feel a small pity that we couldn''t have given the spotlight to a local charity, especially with the exposure from a profile live Sky TV game this will bring.

Maybe I''m being picky, but just my thoughts!

[quote user="flecky76"]Firstly, I think it''s a great gesture by both Norwich City and Aviva to have a one-off charity on the shirts for the Arsenal game on Saturday, especially given the exposure it will bring. It''s good that we are the first team in the Premier League to have done this. Norwich have done this over the previous 3 seasons, though each time it''s been a ''local'' Norwich-based charity. I can''t remember them all off the top of my head but remember the Benjamin Foundation being one. The Railway Children is, I understand, a national charity rather than local, so while it''s a great gesture I do feel a small pity that we couldn''t have given the spotlight to a local charity, especially with the exposure from a profile live Sky TV game this will bring. Maybe I''m being picky, but just my thoughts![/quote]

So if they decided to do it for Muscular Dystrophy, which my grandson has is a global charity and helps local people like my  grandson, but as the main office is not in Norwich so we couldn''t expect the club to help Muscular Dystrophy is that right, please explain as I''m lost by your statement

Completely understand your point, which is a good point!

That said, every charity, both those local and national, will all have worthy causes.

My personal opinion is that I would have preferred us to showcase a local charity so that NCFC''s promotion to the Premier League for this season would have left at least a lasting legacy for a local-based charity, to help repay something to Norwich/Norfolk rather than to the whole of the UK.

I guess it''s all about opinions!

I would have prefered a local charity to have had the shirt sponsorship as per previous years.I guess that a national charity being picked is another side effect of being in the Premier League, where the local community seems to mean less than mass media exposure across the nation and beyond. Maybe a local charity just wasn''t ''big enough'' for being in the Prem and on sky?I''ll now go and don my tin hat in preparation..........[;)]

[quote user="barclaystand"]I would have prefered a local charity to have had the shirt sponsorship as per previous years.I guess that a national charity being picked is another side effect of being in the Premier League, where the local community seems to mean less than mass media exposure across the nation and beyond. Maybe a local charity just wasn''t ''big enough'' for being in the Prem and on sky?I''ll now go and don my tin hat in preparation..........[;)][/quote]

Spot on, I agree.

[quote user="flecky76"]Firstly, I think it''s a great gesture by both Norwich City and Aviva to have a one-off charity on the shirts for the Arsenal game on Saturday, especially given the exposure it will bring. It''s good that we are the first team in the Premier League to have done this. Norwich have done this over the previous 3 seasons, though each time it''s been a ''local'' Norwich-based charity. I can''t remember them all off the top of my head but remember the Benjamin Foundation being one. The Railway Children is, I understand, a national charity rather than local, so while it''s a great gesture I do feel a small pity that we couldn''t have given the spotlight to a local charity, especially with the exposure from a profile live Sky TV game this will bring. Maybe I''m being picky, but just my thoughts![/quote]

I reckon you''ve answered your own question there Flecky. We are now on the national and international stage. I doubt the decision to choose The Railway Children was even made in Norwich. As is the wishes of so many we are no longer "little old Norwich" the community club. I understand your point fully but console myself by enjoying the football and finding "comunity" elsewhere.

I reckon you''ve answered your own question there Flecky. We are now on the national and international stage. I doubt the decision to choose The Railway Children was even made in Norwich. As is the wishes of so many we are no longer "little old Norwich" the community club. I understand your point fully but console myself by enjoying the football and finding "comunity" elsewhere.

[/quote]

So perhaps everyone on here will buy a ticket for the charity concert I have organised at Carrow road next June then ?

[/quote]I can vouch for Nutty Nigel, my sunday league team are proud supporters of Each and we have recently sent a cheque to Quiddenham. I speak to a young lady name Jess there too... its very much a Norfolk charity

A small local charity wouldn''t gain much extra benefit from national exposure, it''s unlikely for people in other areas of the UK to donate to a hospice in Norwich (for example) unless there was a personal connection. A larger, national, charity can get a larger gain overall from this kind of publicity.

I reckon Pete. Who''ve you got lined up?

[/quote]

Julian Smith from Britains got talent, he was on with Dyversity, and I have them both booked for June2013 at Carrow road, Im looking for a local stage builder we are looking to put it on the Barclay,If anyone has any contacts I would be glad of a few phone numbers, I''m looking for local sound engineers aswell