Sign in to follow this  
BarclayCanary (Former HDDH)

Newcastle Ticket Prices

I have just read the Ticketing Update, and personally I am suprised that this is a Grade A game, I was expecting it to be a Grade B game.

I am gonig to try and get tickets to the rest of this seasons Home Games, hopefully I will be able too :)

Just thought that even though Newcastle are sitting in 2nd that it would be a Grade B game, I think many of you would agree.

I am also suprised to see that we have not have a grade C game yet, I thought the likes of QPR and Swansea would have been Grade C.

Was it A grade at the start of the season? Or recently upgraded to A grade?

Newcastle are third. After 11 games of the season, they are 3rd best team in the league. If a game against the current 3rd best team in the league shouldn''t be A grade, then neither should any team below them

Also, if Swansea and QPR aren''t grade C, then there won''t be any grade C will there...

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Was it A grade at the start of the season? Or recently upgraded to A grade?

Newcastle are third. After 11 games of the season, they are 3rd best team in the league. If a game against the current 3rd best team in the league shouldn''t be A grade, then neither should any team below them

Also, if Swansea and QPR aren''t grade C, then there won''t be any grade C will there...[/quote]Ipswich in the cup will be. we dont charge big money for Tinpot sides in the early rounds.

''Was it A grade at the start of the season? Or recently upgraded to A grade? ''

I could not tell you that as I do not know.

''Newcastle are third. After 11 games of the season, they are 3rd best team in the league. If a game against the current 3rd best team in the league shouldn''t be A grade, then neither should any team below them''

True but that is like saying if the likes of scummy Wolves when they were up there earlier in the season, if we were to have played them earlier in the season should that have been a Grade A Match?

Yes it probably would have been done, but to be honest it would not have been justifiable.

''Also, if Swansea and QPR aren''t grade C, then there won''t be any grade C will there... ''

No Shit....

That is what I was obviously trying to say, why list Grade C games if there aren''t going to be any?

I suspect it has more to do with the number of away fans - Newcastle do tend to travel in large numbers

Norwich no longer assign grades to games at the start of the season, they are assigned on an ongoing basis depending on opposition/our form (hence why the last 5 or so games last season where all Grade A). I think it''s a shocking system, of the 19 league games they should assign 5 to A, 9 to B, 5 to C (or something similar), not pick and choose to make more money. 

With the grading thing, you could argue that all League One games should have been grade C, Championship grade B, Premiership A. Getting aggrieved at a Premiership club attempting to "make more money" is a tad niaive. I can''t see McNally have a Scrooge-like "Christmas Day" revelation and letting the kiddiewinks in for free, especially the ones with a limp. It''s a case of being careful whaat you wish for. If you want to see your team in the corporate McPremiership Inc expect to be royally shafted. Making the fairweather fan pay top dollar to see the SportsDirect Magpies play soccerball doesn''t seem unreasonable to me.Mungo, rooting for the big team!

Back in July the Club announced the gold,silver and bronze hospitality packages which you would assume would reflect the casual seat gradings.The gold games were Man Utd,Man City,Liverpool,Spurs,Arsenal,Chelsea and Aston Villa.No mention in this group of Newcastle.

[quote user="Yellows_1902"][quote user="Jimmy Smith"]How much will that make tickets cost each then?[/quote]

i was charged £53.00 for grade a game.
[/quote]

Where was your seat?

[quote user="Yellows_1902"]i was charged £53.00 for grade a game. [/quote]And you paid it? I simply could not justify paying that much for a ticket to a football match. It''s scandalous.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[quote user="Yellows_1902"][quote user="Jimmy Smith"]How much will that make tickets cost each then?[/quote]i was charged £53.00 for grade a game. [/quote]

Where was your seat?

[/quote]Jarrold block M

i usually go to 15 or so games as a casual , i''ve been to 2 this year so far and i''m losing the enthusiasm to bother its such a pain getting a ticket even asa supermember so why bother ? i''ll be down the pub probably and i''ll be back at carrow road when the new wears off the crystal chandelier and everyone has fucked off [:D]

thats cos i do shift work which involves quite a lot of weekends... last 2 seasons i''ve been lucky and there was always midweek games ..other seasons i''ve struggled to get into double figures it depends how the fixtures fall .. didn''t want to commit to a season ticket and end up giving it away half the season and never know til the fixture lists come out and i get my shift pattern... i''ll wait for relegation or stadium expansion and get back on board [:D]

I''m in a similar position to you. I used to make a lot of home games each season, but could be called away on work at short notice so never got a season ticket as I thought I wouldn''t make half of the games.

I went online yesterday to get a Newcastle ticket and was a little shocked at £43 + the booking charge = £44.50. I didn''t actually buy it in the end as I couldn''t justify that much for 1 game.

Sadly there will now be those amongst us who are the absolute opposite of the glory hunters..... we will only be able to turn up when things are going badly and the tickets are cheaper!!!!!

[quote user="PKC"]I suspect it has more to do with the number of away fans - Newcastle do tend to travel in large numbers[/quote]

Hello PKC, that was my thoughts as well. Yesterday I had a text from a pal that wanted to go to the game, he finally got logged in to buy and the game was showing as sold out. He then tried again a few minutes later and got a ticket in Block H of the Jarrold Stand which suggests that Newcastle might not have taken their full allocation.

Or maybe we''ve persusded the police that we are allowed to narrow the green stretchy thing between the seats to make more room.

Someone will know the answer.

[quote user="ShizzleMeGiblet"]I''m in a similar position to you. I used to make a lot of home games each season, but could be called away on work at short notice so never got a season ticket as I thought I wouldn''t make half of the games. I went online yesterday to get a Newcastle ticket and was a little shocked at £43 + the booking charge = £44.50. I didn''t actually buy it in the end as I couldn''t justify that much for 1 game. Sadly there will now be those amongst us who are the absolute opposite of the glory hunters..... we will only be able to turn up when things are going badly and the tickets are cheaper!!!!![/quote]

that made me laugh a kind of anti success supporters club [:D]