Sign in to follow this  
Jarrold_stand_blockN

On the topic of the disgusting decision to get rid of Hucks....

what is (in your opinion and in your time as City supporter) the worst ever decsion from a City manager?My choices:1. The Hucks decison from G- actually I''m not going to dignify Ratty by typing his name [:@]2. The decision to not sign Dean Ashton earlier- i do accept that it probably wasnt down to just Worthy3. Gunn''s decision to stay on as manager.

No offence to Huckerby, but he managed about another 6 months of decent football and then his hip screwed up completely. This is considering the more ''relaxed'' nature of training in the MLS.He had his time at Norwich and left while the fans still had happy memories of him - not of an ageing star who couldn''t compete any more. If he had have stuck around for another year or two I think he would have started to be regarded like Jamie Cureton - an expensive mistake.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]No offence to Huckerby, but he managed about another 6 months of decent football and then his hip screwed up completely. This is considering the more ''relaxed'' nature of training in the MLS.

He had his time at Norwich and left while the fans still had happy memories of him - not of an ageing star who couldn''t compete any more. If he had have stuck around for another year or two I think he would have started to be regarded like Jamie Cureton - an expensive mistake.
[/quote]

I disagree. Hucks played very well in the MLS and his skill and pace was still very evident during that season. If he had stayed with us he could have had his hip op in the summer and returned by the end of the year and I''m pretty certain that we would have avoided relegation with him in the side.  Even an ageing Hucks would have been better than some of the dross we kept instead of him IMO. 

The worst ever decision by a City manager was to sign a ''sick-note'' and sell a reliable albeit unproven but untested pacey striker for a pittance, thus leaving us with a lack of pace up front. I just hope that we don''t lose Jackson to injury before we can sign back-up in January.    

[quote user="paul moy"]The worst ever decision by a City manager was to sign a ''sick-note'' and sell a reliable albeit unproven but untested pacey striker for a pittance, thus leaving us with a lack of pace up front. I just hope that we don''t lose Jackson to injury before we can sign back-up in January.    [/quote]

Would this happen to be an untested 25 games at Championship and League 1 level, scoring a whopping 4 goals?

[quote user="paul moy"]The worst ever decision by a City manager was to sign a ''sick-note'' and sell a reliable albeit unproven but untested pacey striker for a pittance, thus leaving us with a lack of pace up front. I just hope that we don''t lose Jackson to injury before we can sign back-up in January.    [/quote]You must be talking about Cody who was subbed after an hour against Reading and hasn''t been able to get off the subs bench in the last two games since at Championship strugglers Coventry!Yeah, right! [:S]

[quote user="paul moy"]The worst ever decision by a City manager was to sign a ''sick-note'' and sell a reliable albeit unproven but untested pacey striker for a pittance, thus leaving us with a lack of pace up front. I just hope that we don''t lose Jackson to injury before we can sign back-up in January.    [/quote]

FFS are you Cody''s dad??? Give it a break!!

The worst ever decision in Norwich''s history? Get a reality check please!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="ryan1992"]

Would this happen to be an untested 25 games at Championship and League 1 level, scoring a whopping 4 goals?

[/quote]

Well, my money''s on Vaughan doing no better as he may not even be on the pitch, but I live in hope.

Dave Stringer releasing Dion Dublin in 1988. Surely he was as good as Bob Rosario  and Lee Power?

Four years later Manchester United paid a million  for him.

It does depend how you describe worst. I guess the one that caused the largest financial loss would have been not signing Ashton the summer before the ''04-''05 Prem season started. Just one goal from him to turn a draw into a win in 4+ months would have netted us millions for the following season.

For me though, Darren Beckford. A near-million pound signing when a million pounds was really, really a lot of money and he did nothing of note. He didn''t even seem to be that good BEFORE we signed him !

God worst decision, well I was a fan from stringers day and I am sure we can all highlight mistakes made by all managers.

But for me the one huge, huge mistake was the rebuilding plan following relegation from the premiership under worthy. We had Ashton, Green and Hux. We had potential to go straight back up if we bought great additions.

Instead we bought very late in the wondow and a load of wasters. That is very much down to the manager, coaching team, scouts. So that was the biggest failure of the football management team.

Although prior to that the 2 biggest mistakes by Chase was not signing Dean Windass and hence not being able to keep Martin O''Neil.

And the gamble Chase took before we were relegated of not signing a striker.

But for me Worthy''s summer after our relegation from the prem. was the time when he should have had the sack. terrible, terrible signings.