Sign in to follow this  
mississauga_canary

Pilkington confirmed...So here is a montage for you all

Another signing which I am pleased with.

Lambert is doing things the right way.  We didn''t have any quality wingers, we now have two (Pilkington and Bennett).  We didn''t have back up for Holt, we do now (Morison).  We needed another quick striker, thats what we got (Vaughan).  We needed an extra bit of ''muscle'' and ''bite'' in central midfield, thats what we got (Johnson).  We needed a versitile defender and what did Lambert go out and get, a versitile defender (De Laet).

I just watched the youtube video and he looks left footed but plays on the right.  I would assume that if Bennett and Pilkington ever did play in the same team it would be Bennett on the right and Pilkington on the left.  It seems strange to buy two wingers who play on the same wing.

I''m backing this kid to have a similar impact in Premier League to what Matt Jarvis has with Wolves. Both excellent with both feet with an eye for goal, and bought from the lower leagues. Great potential and will surprise the ''pundits'' who will immediately write him off due to a lack of premier league experience. Hopefully he can get fully fit from his injury during pre season to hit it off from the beginning. Well played NCFC!

Great news, we now have two quality wingers that can shoot with accuracy and pace from a distance outside the box. Just need to make sure that we can get the ball into those positions now....

You no who he reminds me of ''Boyo''.... a left footed Huckerby, cutting in from the wing and having a pop.I don''t think he has the raw pace of Hucks, but still seems like another top signing.

[quote user="Boyo"]I just watched the youtube video and he looks left footed but plays on the right.  I would assume that if Bennett and Pilkington ever did play in the same team it would be Bennett on the right and Pilkington on the left.  It seems strange to buy two wingers who play on the same wing.[/quote]

Pilkington is ambipedal.

I get the same feeling UEA. Even if he doesn''t succeed to that height I''m sure he will better Blackpool''s, Matt Phillips - who was very useful last for them.

So is he ok to start pre-season training and likely to be fit for the start of the season, or will we be expecting to see him a bit later on?

.....just one note of caution, reading his interview, he''s following with the trend of our other new signings of "I want to play in the Premier League", not "I want to play for Norwich"??. Not a problem I''m sure but I just dont want us to be used a "vehicle" of the back of the tremendous achievement by the existing players last season ??

I like the way Huddersfield handled this. He has been allowed to leave with best wishes - as Crofty was from Brighton. Here''s hoping he turns out to be the gem he is believed to be.

Looks like competition for every place then.

Gk: Ruddy, Rudd

Cb: Barnett, Ward, whitbread

rb: r.martin, de laet

lb:tierney, Drury

Lw: surman, lappin

rw: bennett, pilkington

mf: fox, crofts, johnson, hoolahan

Str: holt, morrison, vaughan, jackson, c.martin

Under 21''s: smith, adeyemi, steer.

Way out: macnamee, macdonald, oli johnson, hughes, s. smith, wilbraham(?).

That would be a squad of 22 with a new centre back reportedly on the way taking it to 23. As said before i can see us keeping one or two of the way outs depending on who we sign.

7 signings. so far: vaughan, morrison, johnson, bennett, pilkington.

[quote user="mississauga_canary"]You no who he reminds me of ''Boyo''.... a left footed Huckerby, cutting in from the wing and having a pop.I don''t think he has the raw pace of Hucks, but still seems like another top signing.[/quote]

I wasn''t being critical of him I just thought it is a bit strange to buy two wingers for the same wing when surely we would buy one for each wing?  That leaves us in a position where we have two talented players for the right wing but no one for the left wing apart from Surman.  I''m sure they can play on either wing but it seems strange to me to buy two right wingers.

Two woopsies.

De laet is another signing.

Rudd is under 21. So squad 21.

Make that three. Daley added to the on the way out list.

Pilkington and Bennett can both play on either wings, so that''s more competition for Surman!

Best player we''ve signed this summer IF he doesn''t let his injury affect him. Definately a player with the ability to play at PL level.