Sign in to follow this  
DOGGER

Lambert - Manager of the season?

Yes, he''s got to be, even if we lose the last 2 and fail in the play-off''s.

No one would come close in all 4 leagues

Agree?

He has to be, even Cardiff fans were saying Lambert is surely manager of the season. It will probably go to Colin though

Record speaks for itself. We tend to get wrapped up in the table, game to game results and sometimes I for one forget about the story here. The whole thing from bottom of div 3, what an amazing story if we do go up, unprecidented I would think considering where we were when he came, the players, the moral, the fans having completely lost confidence in the Board and management. Also add in the amount of money we have, or haven`t  spent, could become a film! Title will have to have something about a pheonix in it!

Was only thinking last night thefutureisyellow, that this has got to be as close (so far) to being the perfect season as you can get - with enough drama to make a film!  By perfect, obvioulsy you could have the view that a 100% win ratio and winning the league would be perfect, but I mean perfect in the sense of a roy of the rovers style rollercoaster ride that''s kept us on the edge of our seats throughout, with enough late drama for a dozen seasons.  Hope we finish the job, I have a feeling though that there could well be another couple of twists and turns before the end!

The 2003-2004 season was great, but nowhere close to being as exciting as this season so far...

Just for Norwich, he''s got to be manager of last decade, let alone seasonin general terms, he should get it, compared to to QPR and Cardiff who obviously either had more money spend or were gifted some nice loan signings, albeit the manager still had to get them in.

[quote user="DOGGER"]

Yes, he''s got to be, even if we lose the last 2 and fail in the play-off''s.

No one would come close in all 4 leagues

Agree?

[/quote]

I think Fergie would have something to say on that. Champs League and Prem title.

But I couldn''t be happier Paul Lambert is here. I just hope if we do go up, that next season he is given an appropriate transfer budget. If so, we could see a something special created.

In the Championship, he is ahead of everyone else, but I don''t think you could say that no-one comes close in all four leagues.Gus Poyet, for running away with the League One title at Brighton? John Sheridan, for doing the same with Chesterfield in League Two? If Stoke win the FA Cup, then Tony Pulis is probably in with a shout for winning a trophy and ensuring mid-table safety in the Premier League.

Lambert will have achieved back to back promotions with little funding, with playing proper football, and with not losing two games consecutively during two seasons. Definitely Manager of the Season IMO!!

[quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"]In the Championship, he is ahead of everyone else, but I don''t think you could say that no-one comes close in all four leagues.

Gus Poyet, for running away with the League One title at Brighton? John Sheridan, for doing the same with Chesterfield in League Two? If Stoke win the FA Cup, then Tony Pulis is probably in with a shout for winning a trophy and ensuring mid-table safety in the Premier League.
[/quote]

Ok, they come close but the 2 straight promotions with little money spent - there is only 1 candiate!![Y]

[quote user="morty"]Completely agree!Though, obviously we are all massively biased! [/quote]who''s biased? he''s definitely the best as a totally unbiased and objective view. OTBC

If we are just talking about the Championship then it has to be Lambert.  Warnock and Jones have spent lots of money on well established players at this level and above whereas Lambert has spent next to nothing on players a lot of us hadn''t even heard of.  We have been in the Play Offs all season and that is only because of Paul Lambert.

If we are talking about the whole English football system then no one will get a look in apart from Fergie and depending on what Pulis does in the F.A. Cup then they could well be one and two with number three being a fight between Lambert, Warnock, Poyet and the Chesterfield manager.

Another thing that no-one has mentioned is that both Warnock and Jones both have vast managerial experience, including Premier League, whereas this is only PL''s third club and his first season in the Championship,

In my eyes at least, that makes him Championship Manager of the Season, not to mention his low budget signings compared with the money available to QPR and Cardiff.

Two more games to go ...