Sign in to follow this  
Theres only one Ken Foggo

Would you rather be in our position or QPR's?

I must admit I''d rather our situation at the moment, knowing it is in our hands and that if we win two games then we are up - end of story, no argument. It must be agony being a QPR fan at the moment with all the uncertainty. I do feel sorry for their fans who as always will be the ones to suffer most if QPR are docked points.

i know i''m biased but i seriously do not know why anyone would support any other team than Norwich right now.

what other team can offer the excitement, drama, quality football, massive highs and massive lows week after week that can be witnessed at Carrow Road.

in short - I F*CKING LOVE NORWICH CITY!

come on lads, help finish the job tonight!!

In terms of points ONLY (and not players / coaching staff) I would rather be in QPR''s ... they are up and won''t be punished enough to lose them automatic.

There''s no way QPR will be dragged into the playoffs - they would appeal it and nothing would be settled for months. The FA won''t want that mess.

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]In terms of points ONLY (and not players / coaching staff) I would rather be in QPR''s ... they are up and won''t be punished enough to lose them automatic. There''s no way QPR will be dragged into the playoffs - they would appeal it and nothing would be settled for months. The FA won''t want that mess.[/quote]

Whats to say the FA won''t do what they did to Swindon. they let them go up then religate them, for very much the same thing. 

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]In terms of points ONLY (and not players / coaching staff) I would rather be in QPR''s ... they are up and won''t be punished enough to lose them automatic.

There''s no way QPR will be dragged into the playoffs - they would appeal it and nothing would be settled for months. The FA won''t want that mess.[/quote]

This is simply not true.Any appeal has to be made within 4 days and the Appeal Committee''s decision must come within 2 further days.This decision is then final. QPR cannot take legal action against the FA.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]In terms of points ONLY (and not players / coaching staff) I would rather be in QPR''s ... they are up and won''t be punished enough to lose them automatic. There''s no way QPR will be dragged into the playoffs - they would appeal it and nothing would be settled for months. The FA won''t want that mess.[/quote]

This is simply not true.

Any appeal has to be made within 4 days and the Appeal Committee''s decision must come within 2 further days.

This decision is then final.

QPR cannot take legal action against the FA.
[/quote]

---

Even before today''s League warning any club within sniffing distance of the play-offs will have factored in their season lasting until the end of May, so having the play-off semi-finals a week later than planned would not be a problem. Wembley might not be available over the weekend of June 4/5 but presumably some decent-sized stadium could be found for the final.

What might throw a spanner in the works would be if QPR (assuming the verdict had gone against them) tried to overturn in the civil courts the ban on suing the FA.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]In terms of points ONLY (and not players / coaching staff) I would rather be in QPR''s ... they are up and won''t be punished enough to lose them automatic. There''s no way QPR will be dragged into the playoffs - they would appeal it and nothing would be settled for months. The FA won''t want that mess.[/quote]

This is simply not true.Any appeal has to be made within 4 days and the Appeal Committee''s decision must come within 2 further days.This decision is then final. QPR cannot take legal action against the FA.[/quote]

---

Even before today''s League warning any club within sniffing distance of the play-offs will have factored in their season lasting until the end of May, so having the play-off semi-finals a week later than planned would not be a problem. Wembley might not be available over the weekend of June 4/5 but presumably some decent-sized stadium could be found for the final.

What might throw a spanner in the works would be if QPR (assuming the verdict had gone against them) tried to overturn in the civil courts the ban on suing the FA.

[/quote]If I remember correctly this was tried in the Tevez affair but the Courts refused to get involved. say it was entirely a matter for the FA.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

This is simply not true.Any appeal has to be made within 4 days and the Appeal Committee''s decision must come within 2 further days.This decision is then final. QPR cannot take legal action against the FA.[/quote]

---

[/quote]If I remember correctly this was tried in the Tevez affair but the Courts refused to get involved. say it was entirely a matter for the FA.[/quote] my take of this situation is that all clubs agree that they can take no action through the courts against the F.A. in order to get a license to participate in the league and cup competitions.if they don''t agree then they are out of the league.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

This is simply not true.

Any appeal has to be made within 4 days and the Appeal Committee''s decision must come within 2 further days.

This decision is then final.

QPR cannot take legal action against the FA.
[/quote]

---

[/quote]
If I remember correctly this was tried in the Tevez affair but the Courts refused to get involved. say it was entirely a matter for the FA.
[/quote]

Indeed, Ricardo. I am just putting myself in the mind of a highly-paid lawyer who has exhausted all other avenues!

Presumably it''s only the play-off semi-finals that would be affected - the final''s not due till May 30.

Another reason for City to sort it out themselves. Two wins and none of this affects us.

Cannot believe the FA have left it so late. Complete amateurs.