Sign in to follow this  
Jack Flash

Holt is definitely needed

2-0 down already! It is now becoming so obvious that without Holt we concede far too much space in midfield. Whatever he lacks in quality, he more than makes up in chasing, harrying and generally making it hard for the opposition to find space. The sooner he is back, to replace Mulryne, the better!

Yeah I too think we need him back, we were totally out played in the midfield today, it was pathetic. Those who thinks he is worse than Mulryne, did you see todays game? well Holt has never played as badly as Mulryne did today. I thought Brennan was poor too. I don''t think Safri offers too much more than Holt either.

Muklryne was already thinking about the drinks orders for tonight!

But be honest would you really see Mulryne and Brennan supporting Damian as anything like 3rd choice for us? I''m afraid it''s all we have at the monment, and today just proved yet again it''s not good enough. We were poor Full Stop.

[quote]Yeah I too think we need him back, we were totally out played in the midfield today, it was pathetic. Those who thinks he is worse than Mulryne, did you see todays game? well Holt has never played as ...[/quote]

Mulryne is just poor, full-stop. I''ve been saying it since I saw him absolutely and completely out of his depth at the southampton game earlier in the season. TBH I can''t see us winning anything while we have to resort to him. I''m no big fan of Holt either, but I''d take him over Mulryne any day.

Safri is a lot better than Holt though.

Not sure about *needing* Holt, seems people have very short memories... he was probably our worst player for the first xx amount of games this season.

Mulryne, however, had the worst game of football, ever

Mulryne, Brennan, Holt, Mckenzie, Edworthy = Not premier league standard. For whatever reason, they have all come up short this season. Some are more popular than others, and excuses are made for them. Others are not so popular, and are slated. At 2.30 when i heard the team i felt uneasy about the game. 5 man midfield only works when ALL our best midfielders are available. IMO Crow should have been thrown in, because his performance against Liverpool took me completely by surprise, and i watch him regularly. Whilst everyone then watches Ashton, his energy, directness and devilment would create unease in a shaky rearguard, giving support to Ashton at the same time. A risk ? certainly. But against the 3-0 shafting we did get, food for thought.

Since Holt''s been out of the side we have conceded a lot more goals, he may not be a silky passer of the ball but in all honesty I''d rather have a team full of players like Holt in out current situtation who give it their all.

Can''t wait for him to come back as our midfield is incredibly weak at the moment

Holt has been hard done by but like Mullers, Safri, Brennan and McVeigh he is simply not prem class.   The fact that Helveg, playing well out of positions looks far superior tells its own stoy. 

Any midfield containing Brennan and Mullers will simply not cut it in this league and we saw that today.  look A partner for Damo is a desperate need but  the defence needs shoring up first - Lescott, Jagielka, one of the toonsurplus players (even Tight Ar$e ramble), Richards, Henchoz, even Duberry would all be an improvement now

In order of ability i rank the midfielders

Safri

McVeigh

Holt

Mullers

Brennan

Bring on Richard Chaplow...

OTBC

Mulryne was awful today[Saturday] , just not good or fit enough. Perhaps he shouldn''t spend so much time in Delaneys or a certain nightclub and should concentrate on his career.

I have to agree that we need Holt back. In comparison to Mulryne he is world class. I wonder what that fool who phoned in to Neil Adams the month when Holt wasn''t doing too well to say that Mulryne would be the key to us staying up this season. Sorry but your wrong mate!!!! Since Mulryne has been in the team, we''ve leaked more goals than when a half fit Holt was in the team. The fat lad with his rediculous hair gives the ball away far to easily and doesn''t chase back to re gain control.

Having picked on his hair, do you think he''s trying to gain a similar look to Keith O''Neill who if I remember correct was also lazy!

[quote]2-0 down already! It is now becoming so obvious that without Holt we concede far too much space in midfield. Whatever he lacks in quality, he more than makes up in chasing, harrying and generally maki...[/quote]

I think Jack Flash absolutely talk sense, without Gary Holt there was simply nobody chasing and harrying in our midfield. Yeah maybe Safri was a better option but he was injured, and Holt is ready and Holty definitely deserved a chance!!!