Sign in to follow this  
lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel)

Should have pushed the boat out....

Dont think anyones actually mentioned that, ''that gamble'' would have cost £8,000,000. and garuntee''d absolutly nothing.

Should the gamble come off and we do get promoted, are Bennet and CMS good enough for the Prem? If not, thats £8,000,000 worth of players sat on the bench, or getting relegated back to the championship with us.

Would I want them both in our squad right now, Yes, course I would. do I think £8,000,000 is value, absolutly not.

[quote user="CDMullins"]Dont think anyones actually mentioned that, ''that gamble'' would have cost £8,000,000. and garuntee''d absolutly nothing. Should the gamble come off and we do get promoted, are Bennet and CMS good enough for the Prem? If not, thats £8,000,000 worth of players sat on the bench, or getting relegated back to the championship with us. Would I want them both in our squad right now, Yes, course I would. do I think £8,000,000 is value, absolutly not.[/quote]

£8m? Where did you get that from? Bennett was never for sale and you can forget Fry''s £5m quote, he made that after the deal was dead in the water.

Every player is for sale, at the right price.

In the current climate, every player as a price.

The amount we enquired with was obviously no where near Brightons vaulation. Some much so that it appears no negotiation went on at all.

Its clear to me, we could only have one or the other, which means we were never going to get both.

Bennett and CMS were all good PR whilst the stories lasted.

They were never really going to come.

We''ve seen it all before.

OTBC

"Sorry City 1st, have i got your attention. We were in for two players in the window which did not come off, the question was posed, that "should we have pushed the boat out to get them" Cue the usual response bad supporter, be grateful blah, blah. We would be doomed gone skint and so on. I just put the other side of the coin, we push boat out and we get promotion earning 90 million the money for those two players would look like loose change

I am sorry my english is not good enough to get past the internet police and my spelling is shxte but we cant all be genius''s."

It is not a case of ''internet police'' ,merely that you write in the same manner as you would expect to read in a Pinkun report, so that we can all understanbd what you are saying. It doesn''t require you to be a genius (as your latter reply has proven). Most 10 year old''s can write in ''grown up'' language.

As to your claim then it is complete nonsense, as almost everyone on here has pointed out.

Nonsense as in you have not explained to us -

How we could buy a player where the club does not wish to sell.

Why we should pay for a player that was 3 to 4 times over valued.

Where the money was to come from.

Why the purchase of these two players would guarantee promotion.

It is pretty easy for you to sit and bleat away like a spoilt child without any evidence to back your silly squeaks. You know nothing of any negotiations between any of those clubs, therefore you have no knowledge of why the deals did not happen.

In fact reading your drivel it would be fairer to say, you know nothing.

[quote user="City1st"]"Sorry City 1st, have i got your attention. We were in for two players in the window which did not come off, the question was posed, that "should we have pushed the boat out to get them" Cue the usual response bad supporter, be grateful blah, blah. We would be doomed gone skint and so on. I just put the other side of the coin, we push boat out and we get promotion earning 90 million the money for those two players would look like loose change

I am sorry my english is not good enough to get past the internet police and my spelling is shxte but we cant all be genius''s."

It is not a case of ''internet police'' ,merely that you write in the same manner as you would expect to read in a Pinkun report, so that we can all understanbd what you are saying. It doesn''t require you to be a genius (as your latter reply has proven). Most 10 year old''s can write in ''grown up'' language.

As to your claim then it is complete nonsense, as almost everyone on here has pointed out.

Nonsense as in you have not explained to us -

How we could buy a player where the club does not wish to sell.

Why we should pay for a player that was 3 to 4 times over valued.

Where the money was to come from.

Why the purchase of these two players would guarantee promotion.

It is pretty easy for you to sit and bleat away like a spoilt child without any evidence to back your silly squeaks. You know nothing of any negotiations between any of those clubs, therefore you have no knowledge of why the deals did not happen.

In fact reading your drivel it would be fairer to say, you know nothing.[/quote]

What are you on about pal. i have only put the flip side of the coin, i even said if they were over valued there must have been others out there and where the hell does 8 mill come from.This might be our best chance at the prem, take it while we can imo, 5 year plans dont mean nout if they dont happen. Sorry i have a view that dont suit you thats my opinion, good or bad, i am still right behind the boys but feel abit of impetus now, especially with Holts injury may have been worth the risk, if you dont agree fair enough but argue the fact not behave like a pompous know it all having a dig at my English grammar, its just typical of the internet smart arses response on all forums not just this one.

Just another thing City 1st how do you know what i know and what i dont know, i could have some good pals involved in the club, just because my grammar and spelling is shxte does not mean i cant have good mates within football so assume nothing mate.

[quote user="Raymond Getard"]

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="Gorn2Hell"]Rather have pacheco and vokes!![/quote] Rather have had all of them, that would have been ambition![/quote]

I would rather have a five bedroom house and an Aston Martin, but I can''t sway that loan with the Bank Manager.

[/quote]

I''ve got a 5 bedroom house and an Aston Martin - do we get promoted now?

"Sorry i have a view that dont suit you thats my opinion, good or bad"

Then you will accept that people will point out that it is bad, There is this strange concept nowadays that says having the right to hold an opinion makes that opinion correct. It doesn''t

"how do you know what i know and what i dont know"

By what you post on here. That is how your ''opinions'' views etc are judged.

You choose to post up your thoughts so accept that as this is a forum there will be discussed ,commented upon and challenged.

You have posted up nothing to back your opinions other than the usual get out squeak of it''s your opinion. Well why not disprove us all. Point out where we are wrong. Show us where the money was to come from, how we were to overcome the refusal of Brighton to sell us their player. how the club were to know in advance which players would be injured. That a player would be an instant hit and carry us to the Premier League

Or maybe we could hear your pronouncements on what lack of ambition the club has were it to be Ward and Whitbread now carrying injuries and we had not signed more centre backs as cover.

No, the real lack of ambition is in your willingness not to ''push the brain out (or put it in gear) before posting on here.

ps the irony of you posting "so assume nothing mate" given your assumption of how two signings would get us promoted is probably not lost on everyone else

[quote user="CDMullins"]Every player is for sale, at the right price. In the current climate, every player as a price. The amount we enquired with was obviously no where near Brightons vaulation. Some much so that it appears no negotiation went on at all. Its clear to me, we could only have one or the other, which means we were never going to get both.[/quote]

And you obviously know what it is. Please tell - HOW?

[quote user="CDMullins"]So they dont?[/quote]

Of course they do. But I am intrigued to know how you know what that price is. As before, please tell us how you know.

Cant remember saying I knew.

Fry was quoting 5 Mil and the reported 3.5 we reportdly offered obviously wasnt enough was it?

Same with Bennett - the 1-1.5 Mil we offered wernt enough.

So add a little on to each, all guestimation of course.

Does that explain it enough for you?

Or do you know something we dont?

[quote user="CDMullins"]Cant remember saying I knew. Fry was quoting 5 Mil and the reported 3.5 we reportdly offered obviously wasnt enough was it? Same with Bennett - the 1-1.5 Mil we offered wernt enough. So add a little on to each, all guestimation of course. Does that explain it enough for you? Or do you know something we dont?[/quote]

Why write "that gamble would have cost £8,000,000" then when you know it isn''t true? I think you are living in cloud cuckoo land if you think we offered £3.5M for CMS (where did you get that from?). And if you think Fry was serious when he started quoting £5M, long after the whole thing was over, you are dafter than him. So you have admitted that, as expected, you are plucking figures out of the air, "adding a little on to each, all guestimation of course" and arriving at a figure that is about as close to reality as me being in tomorrow night''s starting line-up.

You obviously seem to know more, you tell me.

Dion said £3-3.5 Million

Take your boots tomorrow, I heard were a couple od strikers short.

[quote user="CDMullins"]You obviously seem to know more, you tell me. Dion said £3-3.5 Million Take your boots tomorrow, I heard were a couple od strikers short.[/quote]

Did not the Club report that they matched the asking price of £1.5M plus £1M of add-ons, only to have it increased to £2M plus £1M of add-ons which they refused to pay? I could''ve done a job in midfield; no good up front.

See pal you did not read my post, i did not assume we would get promoted i only put the other side of the coin, never once did i say we would get promoted. I said in hindsight with Holts injury not buying a good striker may come back to haunt us. You are so quick to slag my grammer yet are not reading my post correctly. I am HAPPY with City this season i was playing devils advocate because the original poster was getting poo pooed for having a minority opinion, an opinion imo which is not so outrageous as treated by some on here.

I stand by the fact i said City may only got a shot like this only once in years and the forum was full of "We need a striker" during the window i do think a proving striker would have been nice but i am not suicidle over it. Again i have not said we should have brought the players mentioned, one was NOT for sale the other was too dear apparently, i just said a little ADVENTURE in the transfer market MIGHT have helped maybe.Just a passing thought not a concrete opinion

In finishing i happen to be good friends with a few ex high profile city players and do get some info but i never come on here giving it the large about my sources and all that drivel common on this site.

Rip my post apart for football reasons, but you sir are very personal, grammar etc, push brain out whats that got to do with a response to my post.

I put your own idea back to you, why not put hey Rick, you are wrong because City have no money because, or we have enough strikers, Talk to someone on here like you would over a pint in the pub, then maybe we could debate the topic rather than looking to top each other on insults. Anyway have a nice day and OTBC for tonight.

"Just a passing thought not a concrete opinion"

or earlier (which sounds rather concrete)

" thats my opinion, good or bad"

"i did not assume we would get promoted"

or earlier

"what if we assume it had been successful "

I have not attacked your grammar other than the one post that was just a random set of words. What have attacked is your attacks upon the club without giving any of us any sipporting information to those attacks. You claim "i just said a little ADVENTURE ".

Yet when asked to back that claim you offer nothing other than some warble about friends in high places. You constantly contradict your self (as above) and have offered nothing in defence of your absurd claims.

Unless you can show us what players were approached, what fees were involved, what fees were involved in bringing Volks and Pacheio to the club then all you are doing is spouting empty headed nonsense. Empty headed nonsense that somehow is supposed to elivate you above the fans and the clubs.

"Oooh look at me. I''m the only one who wanted us to be ''adventurous'', I''m the only one who wants a proven goal scorer and I''m the only one who thinks this might be our best chance in years".

Do you think that NODOBY else is aware of that ? Are you so dumb that you think it hasn''t occured to the rest of us that a ''proven striker'' or two might help.

Do you seriously think that the board sat round one day and took a vote on the motion "shall we push to boat out" or " shall we be adventurous ? " and back came the reply " naaaaaah, we''ll just sit on the millions and millions and wait till next season".

Finally you are not playing devils advocate. That would require you to post a counter argument ie you would be going AGAINST the op, not with it. It would also require you to put up a reasoned argument, something to back your claim. All you have done is contradict yourself and agree with those who have said where you are wrong.

[quote user="City1st"]"Just a passing thought not a concrete opinion"

or earlier

I have not attacked your grammar other than the one post that was just a random set of words. What have attacked is your attacks upon the club without giving any of us any sipporting information to those attacks. You claim "i just said a little ADVENTURE ".

Yet when asked to back that claim you offer nothing other than some warble about friends in high places. You constantly contradict your self (as above) and have offered nothing in defence of your absurd claims.

Unless you can show us what players were approached, what fees were involved, what fees were involved in bringing Volks and Pacheio to the club then all you are doing is spouting empty headed nonsense. Empty headed nonsense that somehow is supposed to elivate you above the fans and the clubs.

"Oooh look at me. I''m the only one who wanted us to be ''adventurous'', I''m the only one who wants a proven goal scorer and I''m the only one who thinks this might be our best chance in years".

Do you think that NODOBY else is aware of that ? Are you so dumb that you think it hasn''t occured to the rest of us that a ''proven striker'' or two might help.

Do you seriously think that the board sat round one day and took a vote on the motion "shall we push to boat out" or " shall we be adventurous ? " and back came the reply " naaaaaah, we''ll just sit on the millions and millions and wait till next season".

Finally you are not playing devils advocate. That would require you to post a counter argument ie you would be going AGAINST the op, not with it. It would also require you to put up a reasoned argument, something to back your claim. All you have done is contradict yourself and agree with those who have said where you are wrong.[/quote]

Hesitate to say this but lots of spelling mistakes here. My favourite is "NODOBY". Do you pronounce that as .... NO... Doby ! No. Or, NODOBBY or NODOBIE ? Seriously mate you really should take a break and have a cup of tea.

[quote user="City1st"]"Just a passing thought not a concrete opinion"

or earlier

Finally you are not playing devils advocate. That would require you to post a counter argument ie you would be going AGAINST the op, not with it. It would also require you to put up a reasoned argument, something to back your claim. All you have done is contradict yourself and agree with those who have said where you are wrong.[/quote]####

Sorry mate i have tried very hard to be polite but you are now talking absolute bxllxx you are a pompous prxck who should get out more. I mentioned knowing the players only because you said i was ignorant of what was going on inside CR When in fact i get to hear alot but dont come on here to broadcast it. My big crime was to say, if City had pushed the boat out and brought these players, maybe just maybe we might have gained promotion and the gamble would then have been worth it as we would be in for 90 mill. I was just putting a counter argument to the we would have been" doomed financially". I did not even say what idea was right or wrong. I do think city could have been more adventurous in buying a stiker thats it, shoot me at dawn, you say others can see that so wheres the argument and your counter ideas all i have seen is you resorting to being a know all,

I don''t think there''s any need to use that sort of lanuage on here at all mate.

What you are basically saying is you would be happy for the club to gamble its financial future on two players who are from the lower leagues and might not succeed, don''t be surprised if people don''t agree with that.

Point is, the club haven''t gambled and we are still in a strong position going into the last 5 games. Go Figure

Well Ricky...I''d rather read one of your sentences than the bucket of crap such little arseholes produce.It says much about the type of pretentious patsy who follows the club these days. Delia sure done well.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

RULE 1......''THOU SHALT NOT CRITICISE ANYTHING  CONCERNING NCFC''.....

[/quote]

Nice to see you about Mr Mello sir.

I hope you cleared that statement with you know who!