Sign in to follow this  
LeJuge

Well chuffed that we are getting an Errea kit....

And this will go against the grain. Three times I have seen people taking a dig at McNally for choosing to go with Errea instead of getting a Nike, Adidas or Umbro deal.Anybody who wants a Nike deal go and support Manchester United. I would refuse point blank to buy anything with a Nike logo on it, I would get a retro kit instead.If you want to spend £50 on a shirt made for 50 cents in a third world country in sweat shops in Bangledesh so that the club can make a couple of quid more profit then knock yourselves out. Nike and Adidas are despicable companies owned by greedy capitalist pigs and any Nike product has blood on it. Feel free to read No Logo by Naomi Klein for more information on that. Or of course you could go with Umbro, that very ''British'' company that makes their shirts in China, Bangladesh, Indonesia, and Korea.
Errea shirts are, to the contrary, are made in a factory in Palma - Northern Italy, a country in which unions negotiate a minimum wage on an industry by industry or factory by factory agreement. Next year you will be wearing a shirt made by people earning a wage that they can live on, by a company who have kept production in their country of origin (unlike Umbro). That to me means a lot more than a Nike tick. I don''t own anything with a Nike tick on by the way, and say what you like about the Burberry boys, but they are buying British made clobber and supporting an impoverished town in Yorkshire. F*ck Nike, give me Errea any day. I think that I am right in saying that our Xara kits are, or at least were, made in Perth (Scotland). If so, we are carrying on a fine tradition.Of course, the same armchair glory hunting monkeys on stock up on Megastore Nike goods are the same people who moan about the lack of jobs in their working class once-industrialised towns with declining manufacturing industries.Shove your Nikey up your arse.

Wow, you''re pretty angry over what is basically a piece of man made fibre tat you wear on matchdays.[:)]

[quote user="morty"]Wow, you''re pretty angry over what is basically a piece of man made fibre tat you wear on matchdays.[:)][/quote]Actually I am delighted by the kit deal.Angry with the sheeple bemoaning the lack of a tick.

Haven''t really seen that many, to be honest.I''m slightly annoyed that Xara have finally made a really nice shirt, and we''re binning them!

[quote user="morty"]Wow, you''re pretty angry over what is basically a piece of man made fibre tat you wear on matchdays.

[:)]
[/quote]

I wonder if he/she has checked to see how many of the products (and their parts) they own / use every day are made in China, Indonesia etc.?

Yeah, let''s get our stuff from rich countries and insist that poor countries meet impossible conditions to stop them selling goods cheaply to us. Want food from Sudanise farmers at a cheap price? Nah, let''s get it from Somerlayton at four times the price and pay a subsidy to the farmer from the taxpayer just so we can. Tosh old chap.

I''ve never ever heard of Errea, so I''d hardly refer to that as anything like a brand name. In fact it sounds a bit naff; quite dire - Dire-Errea perhaps!? Strips available in any colour you like as long as it''s brown...

Their current shirts look absolutely like cheap crap! I was looking forward to a big name manufacturer like Nike addidas puma umbro mitre hummel etc, but like recent tradition we''ve chosen another crap kit manufacturer! I can''t believe that we''ve nearly accepted the Xara rubbish for the last 10 years! Their stuff has been truly awfull.

[quote user="LeJuge"]And this will go against the grain. Three times I have seen people taking a dig at McNally for choosing to go with Errea instead of getting a Nike, Adidas or Umbro deal.

Anybody who wants a Nike deal go and support Manchester United. I would refuse point blank to buy anything with a Nike logo on it, I would get a retro kit instead.

If you want to spend £50 on a shirt made for 50 cents in a third world country in sweat shops in Bangledesh so that the club can make a couple of quid more profit then knock yourselves out. Nike and Adidas are despicable companies owned by greedy capitalist pigs and any Nike product has blood on it. Feel free to read No Logo by Naomi Klein for more information on that.

Or of course you could go with Umbro, that very ''British'' company that makes their shirts in China, Bangladesh, Indonesia, and Korea.

Errea shirts are, to the contrary, are made in a factory in Palma - Northern Italy, a country in which unions negotiate a minimum wage on an industry by industry or factory by factory agreement.

Next year you will be wearing a shirt made by people earning a wage that they can live on, by a company who have kept production in their country of origin (unlike Umbro).

That to me means a lot more than a Nike tick. I don''t own anything with a Nike tick on by the way, and say what you like about the Burberry boys, but they are buying British made clobber and supporting an impoverished town in Yorkshire.

F*ck Nike, give me Errea any day. I think that I am right in saying that our Xara kits are, or at least were, made in Perth (Scotland). If so, we are carrying on a fine tradition.

Of course, the same armchair glory hunting monkeys on stock up on Megastore Nike goods are the same people who moan about the lack of jobs in their working class once-industrialised towns with declining manufacturing industries.

Shove your Nikey up your arse.
[/quote]

Ok [:|]

Hold your horses, there''s no official confirmation of this and I''m sure the people who were at the kit meeting have, in a roundabout way, distanced themselves from this rumour anyway.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="morty"]Wow, you''re pretty angry over what is basically a piece of man made fibre tat you wear on matchdays.[:)][/quote]

I wonder if he/she has checked to see how many of the products (and their parts) they own / use every day are made in China, Indonesia etc.?

[/quote]You are quite right, there is a certain degree of hypocrisy, I have a fair bit of Chinese tack in my house. Some of it probably made in unfair conditions.But there is a huge difference in buying from a corporation with multi-billion dollar profits who exploit people in sweatshops, people who work 16-18 hours a day, 6 days per week, for the equivalent of 50 pence per day. Just like I bemoan the Tesco monopoly, but occassionally buy a little from there. But I always have respect for manufacturers that remain in their local communities providing jobs, resisting the urge to make their shareholders that little bit richer by shifting production overseas.In terms of corporate social responsibility, Norwich have chosen an ethical option. If Umbro did not lay off thousands of British workers, despite making decent profits, then I would of course prefer a British made kit.

[quote user="Chrisr"]Yeah, let''s get our stuff from rich countries and insist that poor countries meet impossible conditions to stop them selling goods cheaply to us. Want food from Sudanise farmers at a cheap price? Nah, let''s get it from Somerlayton at four times the price and pay a subsidy to the farmer from the taxpayer just so we can. Tosh old chap. [/quote]There is a huge difference in employing people from third world countries and employing people in illegal sweatshop conditions.Go and read No Logo, if you can understand the big words. I actually employ a Filipino, based in Manila, she only gets paid $3 an hour by me.... that''s around £2. But that''s a good wage in Manila, very good. If I can pay somebody $3 an hour, then Nike can pay more than 50 cents per hour, because they have a hell of a lot more zeros on their bottom line I can tell you that. And no, I don''t want food from Sudan, go and do some research on the dangers of the fertalizers that they use. Quite why we should be buying food from a continent that is starving is beyond me anyway, they need it themselves :/Baahhhhhh.

[quote user="LeJuge"]And this will go against the grain. Three times I have seen people taking a dig at McNally for choosing to go with Errea instead of getting a Nike, Adidas or Umbro deal.Anybody who wants a Nike deal go and support Manchester United. I would refuse point blank to buy anything with a Nike logo on it, I would get a retro kit instead.If you want to spend £50 on a shirt made for 50 cents in a third world country in sweat shops in Bangledesh so that the club can make a couple of quid more profit then knock yourselves out. Nike and Adidas are despicable companies owned by greedy capitalist pigs and any Nike product has blood on it. Feel free to read No Logo by Naomi Klein for more information on that. Or of course you could go with Umbro, that very ''British'' company that makes their shirts in China, Bangladesh, Indonesia, and Korea.
Errea shirts are, to the contrary, are made in a factory in Palma - Northern Italy, a country in which unions negotiate a minimum wage on an industry by industry or factory by factory agreement. Next year you will be wearing a shirt made by people earning a wage that they can live on, by a company who have kept production in their country of origin (unlike Umbro). That to me means a lot more than a Nike tick. I don''t own anything with a Nike tick on by the way, and say what you like about the Burberry boys, but they are buying British made clobber and supporting an impoverished town in Yorkshire. F*ck Nike, give me Errea any day. I think that I am right in saying that our Xara kits are, or at least were, made in Perth (Scotland). If so, we are carrying on a fine tradition.Of course, the same armchair glory hunting monkeys on stock up on Megastore Nike goods are the same people who moan about the lack of jobs in their working class once-industrialised towns with declining manufacturing industries.Shove your Nikey up your arse.[/quote]Goddamn Commie.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]I''m sorry, but where has the kit been announced officially by the club as I can''t find anything[/quote]It hasn''t, somebody above has pointed that out, point taken.I look forward to boycotting our new Nike shirts. I will cross my fingers for the Xara deal being renewed instead. I say we go back to the 92/93 shirt ;-)

It''s on quite a reliable website that soley focus'' on kits. I''ve not seen them get much wrong, however, nothing is official from the club as of yet.

[quote user="LeJuge"][quote user="Chrisr"]Yeah,

let''s get our stuff from rich countries and insist that poor countries meet impossible conditions to stop them selling goods cheaply to us.

Want food from Sudanise farmers at a cheap price? Nah, let''s get it from Somerlayton at four times the price and pay a subsidy to the farmer from the taxpayer just so we can.

Tosh old chap.
[/quote]

There is a huge difference in employing people from third world countries and employing people in illegal sweatshop conditions.

Go and read No Logo, if you can understand the big words. I actually employ a Filipino, based in Manila, she only gets paid $3 an hour by me.... that''s around £2.

But that''s a good wage in Manila, very good. If I can pay somebody $3 an hour, then Nike can pay more than 50 cents per hour, because they have a hell of a lot more zeros on their bottom line I can tell you that.

And no, I don''t want food from Sudan, go and do some research on the dangers of the fertalizers that they use. Quite why we should be buying food from a continent that is starving is beyond me anyway, they need it themselves :/

Baahhhhhh.
[/quote]

Wow how very condescending

Blimey.I''m glad I don''t actually have the time in my life or the inclination to ea this bothered about football tops!

[quote user="Bird Table"][quote user="LeJuge"]And this will go against the grain. Three times I have seen people taking a dig at McNally for choosing to go with Errea instead of getting a Nike, Adidas or Umbro deal.Anybody who wants a Nike deal go and support Manchester United. I would refuse point blank to buy anything with a Nike logo on it, I would get a retro kit instead.If you want to spend £50 on a shirt made for 50 cents in a third world country in sweat shops in Bangledesh so that the club can make a couple of quid more profit then knock yourselves out. Nike and Adidas are despicable companies owned by greedy capitalist pigs and any Nike product has blood on it. Feel free to read No Logo by Naomi Klein for more information on that. Or of course you could go with Umbro, that very ''British'' company that makes their shirts in China, Bangladesh, Indonesia, and Korea.
Errea shirts are, to the contrary, are made in a factory in Palma - Northern Italy, a country in which unions negotiate a minimum wage on an industry by industry or factory by factory agreement. Next year you will be wearing a shirt made by people earning a wage that they can live on, by a company who have kept production in their country of origin (unlike Umbro). That to me means a lot more than a Nike tick. I don''t own anything with a Nike tick on by the way, and say what you like about the Burberry boys, but they are buying British made clobber and supporting an impoverished town in Yorkshire. F*ck Nike, give me Errea any day. I think that I am right in saying that our Xara kits are, or at least were, made in Perth (Scotland). If so, we are carrying on a fine tradition.Of course, the same armchair glory hunting monkeys on stock up on Megastore Nike goods are the same people who moan about the lack of jobs in their working class once-industrialised towns with declining manufacturing industries.Shove your Nikey up your arse.[/quote]Goddamn Commie.[/quote]Hahahahahahaha..... that is the polar opposite to my accountants statement to me today, but hey ho.There is corporate social responsibility, and there is communism, big big difference. I keep hearing people moaning about a lack of jobs but they are happy for our manufacturing industries to dissapear.You can''t base an economy around a few thousand people in central london watching digits on a screen you know, you need Primary, Secondary and Tertiary industries else the whole chain falls apart.... which it has done, and has done for years.We need a strong protectionist government, willing to push production in this country, and instead we got somebody in bed with Bankers and the Murdochs.Plenty of Conservatives agree with that and are dismayed at the shape our country is in. I was in London for the student protests standing alongside people who have voted right for the entire lives. Churchill was a Tory by the way. It''s not just the left that has gone down the pan, the right has gone down the pan too.

Although the OP makes a good point, I''d like to point out that there is two sides to this argument:

Nobody forces these workers in third world countries to work - they work because it makes them better off. Yes this is at a tiny wage compared to western civilizations, but actually in local currency, it isn''t that bad. If the wages were so poor, and the conditions so bad, the workers simply would not work. Further more, often communities arise around these factories. This is because of a multiplier effect, where those workers spend their wages on more consumption, which is supplied by entrepreneurs who open up shops such as cafes around there. Also people move from underemployment in agricultural industries, whereby they have too many people working on a small bit of land, just to provide food, because they may as well, as they''ve nothing better to do. If instead some move to work in the industrial sector within the city, people can earn more money, by which they can now purchase surplus product from those in agriculture, which then leads to increased investment and hence an increased output. Anyways, if you''re interested google the ''Lewis two sector model''.

Anyway, the moral of the story is that these massive multi-national aren''t terrible people for paying small wages in less developed countries - in fact they may just help them develop.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="LeJuge"][quote user="Chrisr"]Yeah, let''s get our stuff from rich countries and insist that poor countries meet impossible conditions to stop them selling goods cheaply to us. Want food from Sudanise farmers at a cheap price? Nah, let''s get it from Somerlayton at four times the price and pay a subsidy to the farmer from the taxpayer just so we can. Tosh old chap. [/quote]There is a huge difference in employing people from third world countries and employing people in illegal sweatshop conditions.Go and read No Logo, if you can understand the big words. I actually employ a Filipino, based in Manila, she only gets paid $3 an hour by me.... that''s around £2. But that''s a good wage in Manila, very good. If I can pay somebody $3 an hour, then Nike can pay more than 50 cents per hour, because they have a hell of a lot more zeros on their bottom line I can tell you that. And no, I don''t want food from Sudan, go and do some research on the dangers of the fertalizers that they use. Quite why we should be buying food from a continent that is starving is beyond me anyway, they need it themselves :/Baahhhhhh.[/quote]

Wow how very condescending

[/quote]The only way out of this mess is to export more and import less.The bulk of our public debt (otherwise known as government debt) is owed to China. We owe hundreds of billions of pounds to a country which we buy hundreds of billions of pounds worth of stuff from.Can you not see where the chain fails? We are borrowing from China, and spending on China, where does the money come from to repay China? If barriers to trade and protectionism is what it takes to get jobs back in this country, at a time when we have record youth unemployment, and to avoid paying record taxes within a decade, then so be it. So yes, I do want people to buy less Bangledeshi made American branded poop for massive mark ups, and I would rather buy from a small to medium sized business in Europe.

[quote user="Wooftie"]Although the OP makes a good point, I''d like to point out that there is two sides to this argument:

Nobody forces these workers in third world countries to work - they work because it makes them better off. Yes this is at a tiny wage compared to western civilizations, but actually in local currency, it isn''t that bad. If the wages were so poor, and the conditions so bad, the workers simply would not work. Further more, often communities arise around these factories. This is because of a multiplier effect, where those workers spend their wages on more consumption, which is supplied by entrepreneurs who open up shops such as cafes around there. Also people move from underemployment in agricultural industries, whereby they have too many people working on a small bit of land, just to provide food, because they may as well, as they''ve nothing better to do. If instead some move to work in the industrial sector within the city, people can earn more money, by which they can now purchase surplus product from those in agriculture, which then leads to increased investment and hence an increased output. Anyways, if you''re interested google the ''Lewis two sector model''.

Anyway, the moral of the story is that these massive multi-national aren''t terrible people for paying small wages in less developed countries - in fact they may just help them develop.[/quote]Wooftie, I don''t have a huge issue with the principle of employing people in these countries.I am specifically referring to breaches of labour laws in those countries. If they are told to work 16 hours a day or lose their job, they will work 16 hours a day, if they have no other options. If a Chinese firm came over here and broke employment laws, by paying people £3 an hour and forcing them to work 16 hours per day, they would be heavily fined and shut down. Of course, what actually happens is that they go underground in the UK, like the clam pickers who died, and as such they are pretty pretty unregulated.All I am saying is that these corporations can easily afford to pay a liveable wage for reasonable and legal working hours, giving people a lunch break, with very marginal effect on their bottom line.

"let''s get our stuff from rich countries and insist that poor countries meet impossible conditions to stop them selling goods cheaply to us "

Rather a stupid argument.

If a rich country can pay rich wages (living wages) to it''s employees and still make a profit then how is it that third world countries cannot do the same ?

If Umbros shirts are now made in places where " impossible conditions" are not enforced upon the producers (and employees) then why are the shirts not proportionally cheaper ?

Where has all that money gone - or more importantly to who has it gone ?

[quote user="City1st"]"let''s get our stuff from rich countries and insist that poor countries meet impossible conditions to stop them selling goods cheaply to us "

Rather a stupid argument.

If a rich country can pay rich wages (living wages) to it''s employees and still make a profit then how is it that third world countries cannot do the same ?

If Umbros shirts are now made in places where " impossible conditions" are not enforced upon the producers (and employees) then why are the shirts not proportionally cheaper ?

Where has all that money gone - or more importantly to who has it gone ?[/quote]You are spot on there. The consumer gets charged whatever the market will pay. The only beneficiaries of a fall in production cost are the corporations.Contrary to popular belief I am not completely against outsourcing, I know somebody who sells stuff to America, which he has made in China, a very small niche.He lives in England, and pays UK taxes on his profits. If he didn''t manufacture in China then he wouldn''t have any profits for the UK to tax. But, frankly, the same cannot be said for the major corporations. Most of those corporations get away with paying almost zero tax anyway, it is the man on the street who pays the tax.Profit on shares is tax free (not dividends, but capital gains). Hence the reason the rich can get richer, and the poor just get poorer. Nike puts a dollar or two on its share price, a few fat cats in California get rich. Nobody else benefits, plenty of people lose (lost jobs). Nothing ''left'' or ''right'' about it, more ''elite'' and ''everybody else''.

[quote user="Bird Table"][quote user="LeJuge"]And this will go against the grain. Three times I have seen people taking a dig at McNally for choosing to go with Errea instead of getting a Nike, Adidas or Umbro deal.Anybody who wants a Nike deal go and support Manchester United. I would refuse point blank to buy anything with a Nike logo on it, I would get a retro kit instead.If you want to spend £50 on a shirt made for 50 cents in a third world country in sweat shops in Bangledesh so that the club can make a couple of quid more profit then knock yourselves out. Nike and Adidas are despicable companies owned by greedy capitalist pigs and any Nike product has blood on it. Feel free to read No Logo by Naomi Klein for more information on that. Or of course you could go with Umbro, that very ''British'' company that makes their shirts in China, Bangladesh, Indonesia, and Korea.
Errea shirts are, to the contrary, are made in a factory in Palma - Northern Italy, a country in which unions negotiate a minimum wage on an industry by industry or factory by factory agreement. Next year you will be wearing a shirt made by people earning a wage that they can live on, by a company who have kept production in their country of origin (unlike Umbro). That to me means a lot more than a Nike tick. I don''t own anything with a Nike tick on by the way, and say what you like about the Burberry boys, but they are buying British made clobber and supporting an impoverished town in Yorkshire. F*ck Nike, give me Errea any day. I think that I am right in saying that our Xara kits are, or at least were, made in Perth (Scotland). If so, we are carrying on a fine tradition.Of course, the same armchair glory hunting monkeys on stock up on Megastore Nike goods are the same people who moan about the lack of jobs in their working class once-industrialised towns with declining manufacturing industries.Shove your Nikey up your arse.[/quote]Goddamn Commie.[/quote]Oh look another victim of the class system, a working class man who has been sold the dissilusion of a ''middle class'' or ''upper middle class'' on the basis that they own an overvalued home. Did Thatcher sell you your council house? And now you think that your halfway up the ladder? hahahahaha.I''m not even a left voter, I was a liberal voter, I sit somewhere in the middle. And I do well financially, employ a few people, live debt free, own my home, take very little.But if you believe that there are any more than two classes then you are wrong. There are the top 2% and the other 98%. Occassionally a few from the 98% can get lucky, although more people win the lottery.Enjoy paying your 2.5% extra VAT, don''t worry the elite have given us all 1p off fuel..... so we are only going to be paying 3p per litre more, whilst Philip Green and other corporate bosses pay no income tax for this new financial year.Unless you are about to jet off to Barbados to spend some time in tax exile, in which case please pay your sweatshop workers a little more money, and do please limit their working day to 12 hours.

I''ll be chuffed if Norwich are wearing the new shirt in the Premiership next season!

Our worst ever kit, the yellow and green vomit style of 1992-94 coincided with the team finishing 3rd in the Premiership and their only ever campaign in Europe!