Sign in to follow this  
@jayncfc

Peterborough FC Radio Thing

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Jim Smith"]Sod it if we have been promoted then £1 million is a drop in the ocean. If its £2 million with £1 million if we go up then I think we need to take a punt.[/quote]£3 million, for a league 1 striker?Thanks but no thanks.Walk away I say.[/quote]He has scored in the Championship though ricardo, he scored 10 League goals in Peterborough''s relegated Team last season, that''s more  than our strikers (excluding Holty) have managed this season.

We are £500k apart.  We may not have that in cash.  We have a sell-on clause on Joe Lewis.  If we decide to play ball with Pboro, use the Lewis sell-on clause in negotiations

[quote user="Crofts Number 1 Fan"]

[quote user="Alex"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]there was me thinking that the transfer window shut at the end of January ??. I dont think its right that clubs can effectively ''sign'' players outside of this and dress it up as an emergency loan anyway.....it makes a mockery of the whole system !?![/quote] I was thinking the same thing, GJL. Could we actually get in trouble over this, or is there a genuine loophole for being so blatant? It seems as though the transfer window never really closes - Hope what we''re doing doesn''t see us end up in some potential QPR points deduction situation....[/quote]

It is allowed, although it stayed out of the media Beckford signed one for Everton.

[/quote]

That''s different though because Beckford was out of contract in the summer.

[quote user="Harry"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Jim Smith"]Sod it if we have been promoted then £1 million is a drop in the ocean. If its £2 million with £1 million if we go up then I think we need to take a punt.[/quote]

£3 million, for a league 1 striker?

Thanks but no thanks.

Walk away I say.
[/quote]

He has scored in the Championship though ricardo, he scored 10 League goals in Peterborough''s relegated Team last season, that''s more  than our strikers (excluding Holty) have managed this season.
[/quote]

While 10 goals may not sound that good.  Lest not forget that Pboro were by far and away the worst team in the division by a mile.  They were so bad in fact they were actually relegated by October.

My honest opinion is that the deal will be done today or tomorrow by the latest. Dion said on Late Kick Off it should be sorted by friday and i think it will. The clubs are arguing about the price but i think its already been sorted!! I think CMS will be worth the £2million plus add ons. He suits Norwich down to the ground i''d prefer to spend the money on him than a big name who will leave when things are getting tough or as soon as another big club comes in for him!! CMS is the final piece in the jigsaw!

[quote user="City1st"]Purple. your arguments might carry a bit more weight if they were based on a bit more fact.

CMS playing, of which I will assume your assessment is correct, is based on his not having been blocked from leaving the club - so it is not really relevant to my point

Again I must presume that your knowledge of Folugers money is accurate rather than the clubs statement about his purchase of shares in the middle of February.

As to CMS ''plumping for a team'' there doesn''t appear to be a huge number to ''plump ''from, with limited enquiries from the Premier league it would seem. So perhaps better the devil you know.[/quote]

---

City1st, hard to make my arguments based on even more facts, since they were fact-based. But to take your points:

1. You said this: "Peterboro'' have been pretty much painted into a corner. The player wants to go." So he might but so did Elliott Bennett. But like Bennett, Mackail-Smith, instead of sulking or refusing to play, has got on with his job. Whatever his desires and his public statements, his actions since he found out about our interest have not added to the pressure on Peterborough to sell.

2. The Foulger £2m was announced in February but Foulger later said it had been available for the January window. "It is a lot of money but it is earmarked solely for strengthening of the playing squad,” said Foulger. “Everyone is happy with that and it was available in January if it had been required for the transfer window."

3. As for Mackail-Smith having a choice of clubs, at the moment it is Peterborough or us. But come the end of the season (when he can leave) he will know which division Peterborough are in, which division we are in (which might well be the same) and which division (which might include the PL) other interested clubs (of which there plainly are several) are in. Potentially a far greater choice. In a few months'' time he is certainly not going to be short of offers, which is probably why he hasn''t sulked in his tent over being refused permission to join us now.

Having said all that, I repeat I can still see a deal being done, but it will not be because Peterborough are in a weak position. In this case it is us who are in the weak position, and Peterborough know that.

For those of you mentioning Rickie Lambert: -

he''s 6ft 2 and more like Grant Holt. More importantly, he''s 29 (not 28 like someone mentioned before)

I think CMS would complement Holt more (and the team) and finish off these chances we keep creating. That''s just my opinion though..I just wanted to point out his age really. There''s 2 years difference between him and CMS, not 1.

I wasn''t hugely bothered this time yesterday whether he came or not. After watching the following video on youtube, I want him to sign, NOW.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCxk_CfTpAk

I wanted him more after watching our Bristol game and seeing the chances we created. A finisher like CMS would be perfect. I still wouldn''t be devastated if it doesn''t come off, but I''d sure be ecstatic (like a fair few people) if we did get him!

At the end of the day Posh are a business like we are, and will try and squeeze every penny they can out of the deal.

You can''t blame them for that and we would want McNally to do exactly the same if the positions were reveresed.

It would be funny to see the reverse posts saying "we must hold out for £3m, £2.5m is a joke" etc etc if a prem club was coming in for Holt or Wes

He will be a city player by the weekend.

2 mil up front and 1 mil if we go up and he is ours tomorrow, but chairman dont think we will pay it nor does he want us to.

http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/peterborough_slap_3m_price_tag_on_mackail_smith_1_832710Pretty much what I said!

[quote user="87canary"]I wasn''t hugely bothered this time yesterday whether he came or not. After watching the following video on youtube, I want him to sign, NOW.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCxk_CfTpAk[/quote]

Seriously needs to work on his goal celebrations though!

"My view was that if Norwich wanted the country’s most prolific, in-form striker to help them earn £80m in the Premier League next season then they should put their money where their mouth is and meet our valuation."

What? Have I mis-read this? Surely there are more prolific strikers than a League 1 striker!?

Also - agreed on the goal celebrations. Maybe Lansbury can give him some tips if he ends up here haha

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]We are £500k apart.  We may not have that in cash.  We have a sell-on clause on Joe Lewis.  If we decide to play ball with Pboro, use the Lewis sell-on clause in negotiations[/quote]No, we''re not £500k apart. We''re £1.5mil apart; we''ve offered £1mil in non guarenteed add ons and £1.5mil. They want £2mil + £1mil guarenteed add ons.

How about next home game we all pledge £20 each

25,000 x £20.00 = £500,000

Done deal

[quote user="WEEN_NASTY"]How about next home game we all pledge £20 each

Done deal[/quote]Because...[quote user="TheGoogler"]No, we''re not £500k apart. We''re £1.5mil apart; we''ve offered £1mil in non guarenteed add ons and £1.5mil. They want £2mil + £1mil guarenteed add ons.[/quote]

[quote user="TheGoogler"][quote user="WEEN_NASTY"]How about next home game we all pledge £20 each

Done deal[/quote]Because...[quote user="TheGoogler"]No, we''re not £500k apart. We''re £1.5mil apart; we''ve offered £1mil in non guarenteed add ons and £1.5mil. They want £2mil + £1mil guarenteed add ons.[/quote][/quote]

Make it £25 a head and I''ll chuck in Dean Ashton

What are the guaranteed add ons there asking for-or did they not give that much info away?

What exactly IS a guaranteed add-on btw? A bonus if he scores a certain amount of goals or makes a certain amount of appearances-even they''re not guaranteed. Or do you mean an initial payment and then another guaranteed installment later?

[quote user="Jin - York Canary"]

he''s 6ft 2 and more like Grant Holt. More importantly, he''s 29 (not 28 like someone mentioned before)

I think CMS would complement Holt more (and the team) and finish off these chances we keep creating. That''s just my opinion though..I just wanted to point out his age really. There''s 2 years difference between him and CMS, not 1.

[/quote]Obviously you didn''t read my post properly.I was speaking of his age at the point of the transfer. His age now bears no relevance to our current situation.... And i''m not comparing how they''d ''compliment Holt'' merely the records and circumstances that would justify the fee''s that were and are demanded in either situation... You''ve completely missed the point.

[quote user="Jin - York Canary"]

What are the guaranteed add ons there asking for-or did they not give that much info away?

What exactly IS a guaranteed add-on btw? A bonus if he scores a certain amount of goals or makes a certain amount of appearances-even they''re not guaranteed. Or do you mean an initial payment and then another guaranteed installment later?

[/quote]

I suspect the latter. They want a guaranteed £3m.

[quote user="John"][quote user="Jin - York Canary"]

[/quote]Obviously you didn''t read my post properly.I was speaking of his age at the point of the transfer. His age now bears no relevance to our current situation.... And i''m not comparing how they''d ''compliment Holt'' merely the records and circumstances that would justify the fee''s that were and are demanded in either situation... You''ve completely missed the point.[/quote]In fact, i''m finding it hard to believe you actually read it and then interpreted it as wrongly as you did.

[quote user="Chip20"][quote user="Jin - York Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That''s what they say they want but it''s bound to be a negotiating stance. They are the ones who keep giving it large in the press where we have remained quiet. That makes me think they will compromse somewhere - almost certainly on the add-on payments rather than the original fee.

A thousand apologies John. I''m sorry I''ve insulted your post so much that you needed to repsond twice. I did indeed mis-read your post and link it with the other posts about Rickie Lambert. That is why I didn''t mention you only, I was responding to Lambert posts in general, but I pulled out the age from your post in error. My opinion still stands that stands that CMS is more value for money at present (because there have been people saying we should just go for RL instead for that price), and having re-read your post I realise you think CMS is valued correctly compared to how RL was valued when bought. Don''t take offence, I simply saw the various RL posts and recalled the age from your post (which is I now realise is irrelevant)

[quote user="Hairy Canary"][quote user="Chip20"][quote user="Jin - York Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That''s what they say they want but it''s bound to be a negotiating stance. They are the ones who keep giving it large in the press where we have remained quiet. That makes me think they will compromse somewhere - almost certainly on the add-on payments rather than the original fee.

[/quote]

Me must be trying to compromise if we''ve called them ''18 times'' as they said. Like you said, they''re doing all the talking and obviously want to get everything they can. I wouldn''t be surprised if they suddenly mentioned other teams are interested in him - they''ve already said they turned down 5/6 other bids.

[quote user="Jin - York Canary"]A thousand apologies John. I''m sorry I''ve insulted your post so much that you needed to repsond twice. I did indeed mis-read your post and link it with the other posts about Rickie Lambert. That is why I didn''t mention you only, I was responding to Lambert posts in general, but I pulled out the age from your post in error. My opinion still stands that stands that CMS is more value for money at present (because there have been people saying we should just go for RL instead for that price), and having re-read your post I realise you think CMS is valued correctly compared to how RL was valued when bought. Don''t take offence, I simply saw the various RL posts and recalled the age from your post (which is I now realise is irrelevant)[/quote]In spite of the acrimonious sarcasm, ''dry wit'' used at my expense, and the fact that i''m the only one who has actually done as much as write down Rickie Lamberts name or reference to him in this entire thread, call it apathy if you will, but against my better judgement i''m just going to gobble up this shifty looking, and (i''d certainly hope, what is an) intentionally pathetic apology.You are dismissed.