Sign in to follow this  
Lambert is King

Cody Mc Scores after 5 mins

I have always liked and rated Cody but he needed this run of games and time on the pitch to get his professional career going. He wasn''t getting enough games with us and people forget that although he''s 24 this is really his first full season starting games as a professional. I think the reason some fans are getting frustrated is because Cody is clearly doing what none of our current strikers can do which is play on the shoulder of the last defender and stick it in the net. He is a genuine goal poacher and I would love to see him back in our squad playing an active role next season beacuse I think that with a bit more refinement he could be a really good player. Having said that he is still not the finished article and i think if you speak to Gills fans they will tell you he has missed a lot of chances as well as those he has scored.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]I have always liked and rated Cody but he needed this run of games and time on the pitch to get his professional career going. He wasn''t getting enough games with us and people forget that although he''s 24 this is really his first full season starting games as a professional. I think the reason some fans are getting frustrated is because Cody is clearly doing what none of our current strikers can do which is play on the shoulder of the last defender and stick it in the net. He is a genuine goal poacher and I would love to see him back in our squad playing an active role next season beacuse I think that with a bit more refinement he could be a really good player. Having said that he is still not the finished article and i think if you speak to Gills fans they will tell you he has missed a lot of chances as well as those he has scored.[/quote]

I have a friend who is a Gills Fan as well he tells me for every goal he has scored he has missed a few sitters, Rather a bit like Cureton but in Codys favour, he never gives in, and perhaps will get over the 24 mark and come back next season ????????????? 

I like how the match report accuses Cody of being greedy for taking a shot for his hat-trick in the final minute, when 3-1 up!! Give they guy a break!You get the feeling they''re not really taking to him, despite all his goals. Probably because he''s not theirs i guess.

Yeah strange isn''t it GP, because before the Ipswich game there were certain sections of the Norwich fans getting on Grant Holt''s back!

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="Jim Smith"]I have always liked and rated Cody but he needed this run of games and time on the pitch to get his professional career going. He wasn''t getting enough games with us and people forget that although he''s 24 this is really his first full season starting games as a professional. I think the reason some fans are getting frustrated is because Cody is clearly doing what none of our current strikers can do which is play on the shoulder of the last defender and stick it in the net. He is a genuine goal poacher and I would love to see him back in our squad playing an active role next season beacuse I think that with a bit more refinement he could be a really good player. Having said that he is still not the finished article and i think if you speak to Gills fans they will tell you he has missed a lot of chances as well as those he has scored.[/quote]

I have a friend who is a Gills Fan as well he tells me for every goal he has scored he has missed a few sitters, Rather a bit like Cureton but in Codys favour, he never gives in, and perhaps will get over the 24 mark and come back next season ????????????? 

[/quote]

I was listening to the match on Canaries World and Cody was voted Man of the Match. Even the best strikers miss sitters. I remember Harry Redknapp complaining after Darren Bent had missed one that ''his grandma could have scored''. As the commentators said last night, Cody wins balls that he has no right to win because of his diminutive size against massive defenders. He is a live-wire and never gives up on any opportunity. I''ve no doubt he will score over 30 this season if he remains fit. He had to pass a fitness test before the game last night and still could have scored 5 or more against top-six opponents, according to the commentators.

i reckon mcdonald is better than jackson, its not about what division they are playing in now its based on what ive seen when watching them play

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="pete_norw"]

[/quote]

I was listening to the match on Canaries World and Cody was voted Man of the Match. Even the best strikers miss sitters. I remember Harry Redknapp complaining after Darren Bent had missed one that ''his grandma could have scored''. As the commentators said last night, Cody wins balls that he has no right to win because of his diminutive size against massive defenders. He is a live-wire and never gives up on any opportunity. I''ve no doubt he will score over 30 this season if he remains fit. He had to pass a fitness test before the game last night and still could have scored 5 or more against top-six opponents, according to the commentators.

[/quote]

Don''t disagree mate. You have to be in the right place to miss chances and many of the chances come about as a result of his work rate and movement anyway. His attitude has always been great - possibly reflecting the fact he has come to the game late and had to work for his chance to play professionally. The goal he set up at Stockport last season is a case in point. There is a future role for Cody at Carrow Road at to that end I was relieved to hear recently that he is not out of contract at the end of the season as I thought he was.