Sign in to follow this  
Woman in the Stands (WITS)

I feel vindicated…

My latest blog has been posted on the blog page. Click on the weblog icon below to read it.I have gone for controversial, as suggested by a fellow poster some months ago.You may or may not agree with my opinion. Let me know. Please bear in mind I wrote this immediately after the game in question, hence the use of ''today'' in the blog.As always, feedback welcome.

WITS, it will probably be more convenient for other posters if they can immediately click on a shortcut to your blog, as I have highlighted it below. I''m not sure how you do it but when you cite a shortcut ( as you did in your opening post here ) then it should show in highlighted form. Yours does not. Do you do the following?; 1) go to the heading for your blog, right click the mouse and then click on "copy shortcut", 2) go back to the body of your post and right click the mouse and click on paste?   

http://services.pinkun.com/FORUMS/PINKUN/CS/blogs/woman_in_the_stands/archive/2011/01/20/2396114.aspx

I think Mcnamee has made a difference when he has come on in certain games. Certainly last season when we were in trouble late on in games he came on and we ended up winning them. This season I can think of two games (Swansea and Barnsley) when he''s come off the bench and won us the game. Also againt Middlesbrough at home he provided the assist for our only goal of the game. I''m not saying that those performances make up for all the times he has bene rubbish this season. But, I think it has to be realised that he has made a difference at this club and won us quite a few points we might have not got otherwise.

WITS  a great blog, I could have written exactly the same and 2 of my mates who go to games have finally accepted that he is rubbish. As for the chant !!!***!!!

What WitS and other posters have not mentioned is the reasons as to why McNamee has been so effective coming on a sub. When City set up in the diamond formation we are quite narrow and rely on the full-backs for width. Teams set up to defend against this and also set themselves up in the roughly the same way. Later in the game, City make a sub, bring on some width and the way the oppo have to defend, from narrower to wider, suddenly changes. And we have our “impact” sub.

We all saw for ourselves on Saturday how the impact sub worked. Cardiff defended deep and mostly were in the width of the penalty area. Lappin came on, added some width and Cardiff had to defend this differently and City deserved gained a draw.

I don’t McNamee is a bad player, and no-one sets out deliberately have a shocker on a Saturday afternoon. He’s had a few bad days at the office, as we all have had I’m sure. But our bad day at the office isn’t played out in front of 20,000+ people, all with a different opinion on what we did wrong. I hope he manages to turn it round at Norwich.

For the sake of balance i`d just like to point out that, poor though he was, McNamee came closest to scoring against Orient with a nice curling shot and put in a couple of good crosses. Unfortunately a couple from 8-9 opportunities isn`t too good for a winger.......

Am I right in saying he is actually left footed though, yet mainly plays on the right, which means he always has to either cut inside to cross with his left or risk crossing wth his right which defenders will soon work out. Maybe if he played on the left, he might be more effective when starting - I remember he looked useful when playing on the left against reading. I still think he is a good impact sub

I totally agree with WITS. The guy should never start games, as we always seem to lose if he does, and is clearly only an impact sub. Why Lambert starts him I fail to understand, but then again I fail to understand why Cody was sent to Gillingham with no recall clause. 

[quote user="paul moy"]I totally agree with WITS. The guy should never start games, as we always seem to lose if he does, and is clearly only an impact sub. Why Lambert starts him I fail to understand, but then again I fail to understand why Cody was sent to Gillingham with no recall clause. [/quote]

Should I arrange a blind date????

[quote user="Lord Horn"]

[quote user="paul moy"]I totally agree with WITS. The guy should never start games, as we always seem to lose if he does, and is clearly only an impact sub. Why Lambert starts him I fail to understand, but then again I fail to understand why Cody was sent to Gillingham with no recall clause. [/quote]

Should I arrange a blind date????

[/quote]

LOL.....  that could apply to almost all Norwich supporters [:D]  

Right, well thanks for all the comments, feedback and discussion so far. A number of fair points raised. We all see things from a different perspective so it''s good to share those views. I, too, was surprised at the lack of a recall clause for Cody but we have to trust Lambert to know what''s best for him and the club, even if we don''t always see/understand why.YC - I didn''t post a link as the weblog icon at the bottom of my posts takes you to the blog page. However I shall revert to posting the link to keep you sweet [:)]Lord Horn - I don''t recall asking you to become my agent. I bet you''d want a fee as well for any arrangements you made on my behalf lol. Besides, if anyone is going to arrange to screw up my life, I believe I have the perogative and capabilities to do so without interference from others [:P]

[quote user="canary_girl"]Am I right in saying he is actually left footed though, yet mainly plays on the right, which means he always has to either cut inside to cross with his left or risk crossing wth his right which defenders will soon work out. Maybe if he played on the left, he might be more effective when starting - I remember he looked useful when playing on the left against reading. I still think he is a good impact sub[/quote]Against Orient he played three different positions LW, RW and CAM he couldn''t play any properly. Also the idea of being left footed and playing on the right is a weakness is fundamentally wrong. Playing on the right removes having to beat the defender every time you want to play in a dangerous cross, you cut back onto your stronger foot aim for the far post and the ball (if the cross is good) curves towards it. This leads to many accidental goals and is one of two obvious reasons that in most other major European leagues wingers are often deployed on opposite flanks.

WITS, call that controversial?![:@][:''(][:P] Controversial is saying you think the hotel is an architectural masterpiece that enhances the ground, or that Neil Doncaster should not have been locked in a room at Carrow Road with a bottle of brandy and a loaded revolver, or that Bly''s posts are the epitome of succinct, comprehensible, down-to-earth commonsense...[;)][:D][;)]

Good blog  WITS , I have not  been a fan as yet either, maybe he needs to go out on loan to develop those silky skills , acquire the potentially match wining reading of the game and  channel running to put himself in defence splitting positions. We all know what a devastating effect these skills have on the opposition, just look back at the impact a certain Mr Huckerby had.

PL had seen something in him and “In Lambert we trust”

In your blog you admit that he''s "He is only quick against

tired players, which we see when he comes on around 60 – 70 minutes, as a sub"
Well what more has been asked of him or expected of him? Lambert clearly is focusing on promotion, hence why he put a weaker team out against Orient.McNamee isn''t the second coming, but he can do a job. Even if it is for 20 minutes against as flagging full-back. Wouldn''t you rather see him come on and have a 50/50 chance of performing well or getting a chance and to get the fans bouncing than put Wilbraham on and not even hit it long to him anyway?

[quote user="Woman in the Stands WITS"]Right, well thanks for all the comments, feedback and discussion so far. A number of fair points raised. We all see things from a different perspective so it''s good to share those views. I, too, was surprised at the lack of a recall clause for Cody but we have to trust Lambert to know what''s best for him and the club, even if we don''t always see/understand why.

YC - I didn''t post a link as the weblog icon at the bottom of my posts takes you to the blog page. However I shall revert to posting the link to keep you sweet [:)]

Lord Horn - I don''t recall asking you to become my agent. I bet you''d want a fee as well for any arrangements you made on my behalf lol. Besides, if anyone is going to arrange to screw up my life, I believe I have the perogative and capabilities to do so without interference from others [:P]
[/quote]

" Lord Horn-I don''t recall asking you to become my agent.I bet you''d want a fee as well for any arrangements you made on my behalf."

Actually WITS i think the word you were looking for was pimp not agent.[:D]

[quote user="Woman in the Stands WITS"]TIL1010 - the word agent was correct regards what LH suggested. Pimp implies something quite different and I feel that is very degrading and insulting
[/quote]

A man who is paid to arrange dates for young ladies is a pimp in my book.Please don''t get high and mighty and let''s just see how Lord Horn views the subject.[:O]

PC -  I thought it would be controversial given how many people love him as a player and keep singing the song. Ah well, have to think of something controversial for another time.Cheers CF, glad you enjoyed it.Carra Rud - McNamee hasn''t played well in any game he''s started and 90 minutes seems to completely knacker him. I agree, and did say, he was a good impact player. I''m a bit confused over  than put Wilbraham on and not even hit it long to him anyway?  Who is the ''him'' you are referring to?

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Woman in the Stands WITS"]TIL1010 - the word agent was correct regards what LH suggested. Pimp implies something quite different and I feel that is very degrading and insulting[/quote]

A man who is paid to arrange dates for young ladies is a pimp in my book.Please don''t get high and mighty and let''s just see how Lord Horn views the subject.[:O]YOU IS MY HO.....INNIT[/quote]

WITS.......YOU IS MY HO.....INNIT

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Woman in the Stands WITS"]TIL1010 - the word agent was correct regards what LH suggested. Pimp implies something quite different and I feel that is very degrading and insulting[/quote]

A man who is paid to arrange dates for young ladies is a pimp in my book.Please don''t get high and mighty and let''s just see how Lord Horn views the subject.[:O]

[/quote]So where does that leave people who use dating agencies to set up dates? Women will pay any men who work at them to set up dates but that doesn''t make them pimps. Perhaps LH is consdering LH''s Dating Agency as an alternative means of employment [^o)]

[quote user="Woman in the Stands WITS"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Woman in the Stands WITS"]TIL1010 - the word agent was correct regards what LH suggested. Pimp implies something quite different and I feel that is very degrading and insulting
[/quote]

[/quote]

So where does that leave people who use dating agencies to set up dates? Women will pay any men who work at them to set up dates but that doesn''t make them pimps. Perhaps LH is consdering LH''s Dating Agency as an alternative means of employment [^o)]
[/quote]

Maybe members of Team Fanny Magnet could earn some extra cash if Lord Horn has some vacancies on his books.[;)]

[quote user="Lord Horn"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

A man who is paid to arrange dates for young ladies is a pimp in my book.Please don''t get high and mighty and let''s just see how Lord Horn views the subject.[:O]YOU IS MY HO.....INNIT[/quote]

WITS.......YOU IS MY HO.....INNIT[/quote]Huh??? [:^)]

[quote user="Woman in the Stands WITS"][quote user="Lord Horn"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

WITS.......YOU IS MY HO.....INNIT[/quote]

Huh??? [:^)]
[/quote]

I tink my man means you is one of his bitches who he runs around with his other Julies in his pussy wagon.