Sign in to follow this  
henrik

Could Oli Johnson leaving on loan mean.....

Possibly, Oli is only on a months loan though, so no biggie..

Tierney was signing number three, after Barnett and Wilbraham.I doubt we''d sign another striker, as Wilbraham has basically stole Johnson''s place as benchwarmer, and if we get an injury or two to Holt, Martin, Jackson or Wilbraham then we can just recall Oli, who has benefitted from a few games.

Hopefully he is bringing another striker in and wants Oli to impress for a month and then stay there for the rest of the season as part of his development. Playing regularly will help his game so much more than just training with us.

i''d have thought with four forwards in front of him its just a case of him going for a month to play some games and get match fit.

Could always be helpful with any furtuer injuries etc

I think following 2 defenders and a striker then the next signing would be in the midfield area.  We have been a little short on numbers there recently and could do with a little extra back up.  Lansbury extended to the end of theseason would be tip top for me.

[quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"]Tierney was signing number three, after Barnett and Wilbraham.

I doubt we''d sign another striker, as Wilbraham has basically stole Johnson''s place as benchwarmer, and if we get an injury or two to Holt, Martin, Jackson or Wilbraham then we can just recall Oli, who has benefitted from a few games.
[/quote]

1. I thought Barnett was pre-the big three.

2.   Now we know Smith is on his way out, this may mean Tierney''s no longer counts towards the big three.

3.   on that basis still 2 to come?  Or am i being too optimistic.

I think this is a good move for all parties involved.

Means he can get some valuable experience, Yeovil seem to have a quality player.

I think he still has a future at the club and this is exactly what he needs.

I am not sure about the striker situation, I think the "last signing" could be either a striker, a right back or a another quality attacking midfielder.

I think there may be a good chance of Lansbury staying on, but with Oli going out, even for a month, I''d like to see another striker who could add something different to the mix. Leigh Griffiths is still being rumoured (one site even says he''s having a medical at Colney) or it might be someone on loan in the way Barnett came in. The signings so far have been sound, but don''t exactly smack of ''going for it'' to me.

I have been ill for a while so I may have missed the news re. Smith. How do people know he is on the way out or is just people assuming thatbecause we have signed Mr. T. from Colchester?

BTW. I think Johnson being loaned out is sensible and hopefully it will turn out to be for three months as I think he will benefit from being played week in week out.

Sheff Canary - I thought it was three in after Barnett''s perm. signing.  We need a winger and if Griffiths comes too then its 4!

Thanks

PL said about it in his interview this morning.[quote user="PAUL LAMBERT"]"The situation with Steven is he''s still getting over his injury and

is doing really fine," said Lambert. "But he''s finding it hard to settle

here so we have to look to move him on or send him out on loan. That''s

why I have to put it to bed that I don''t have three left-backs, I''ve

only got two now.

"That''s part and parcel of football, everybody''s character is

different and that''s why I needed to go and get a left-back. Simon has

done brilliantly at left-back for me but it''s not fair as he''s a left

midfielder and Adam has been huge for us, but he missed a good two or

three months - so we''ve brought Marc in and the two left-backs will

battle away with each other."
[/quote]

I suspect an announcement about Lansbury`s extension to the end of season tomorrow, that will be about the lot I recon. I would be delighted to see Lansbury in but I  think we need one more quality striker, I have not seen us play well when Holty`s not been around. One big investment in a quality sriker could be enough  to get us over the finishing line, a gamble worth taking surely.

"but don''t exactly smack of ''going for it'' to me"

Nor does getting to equal second smack of ''going for it'' either

Thank god the club is only going for ''consolidation''.