Sign in to follow this  
i need to be entertained

unwanted prediction

I would like to make a prediction, that all of us City fans will not like. I predict that the GOD that is Paul Lambert will be the manager of Everton by the end of the month. On what do I base this the toffee men play Spurs this week and will lose that will put then in the bottom three they will then lose to Scunthorpe out of two cups this season to lower league teams (Brentford and Scunny) this will not be acceptable on Merseyside, and Moyes will be out.

They will need a replacement and Paul Lambert will move to the bigger club.

I also predicted that Paul would be our next manager when we were 5-0 down to Colchester last season

If I am proved wrong you can all laugh at me on the 1st feb

I hope I am well off the mark. because I believe that Mr Lambert is one of the best managers we have ever had

"I also predicted that Paul would be our next manager when we were 5-0 down to Colchester last season"

Of the 25000 fans in the stadium that day, i would say at least 10,000 would have mentioned us needed a different manager during/after, so for you to be one of the ones to mention Lamberts name, given he was infront of you, is not that impressive.

If you had of told me a year ago that Chris Hughton would have been sacked by Newcastle after taking them up and leading them to midtable in the premier, to then go on and say Pardew would have been his replacement. Now that would have been impressive.

I''d be really surprised if he went anywhwere this season.He''s a very astute, very realistic manager. He knows football is littered with failed managers - & they are not necessarily bad ones either. He knows that it''s a mixture of luck & judgement, that he has been able to build an excellent team out of decent, but not outstanding, players, who work together & have complete faith in their manager. They know he has only one aim, which is promotion, & that means that, even as squad players, they may get a crack at the Prem; at the least their stock is rising all the time - look at Nelson for example.If he went to a ''big'' club with ''big'' players it would be a completely different situation. A huge gamble for him. One I don''t think it''s in his nature to take.If promotion does happen, he may go. I think he may well prefer to see just how far he can go with this club before he does though; the better we do, the better the club he can go to.Whatever, we''ll be in a damn sight better position than we were a couple of years ago.

[quote user="i need to be entertained"]

I would like to make a prediction, that all of us City fans will not like. I predict that the GOD that is Paul Lambert will be the manager of Everton by the end of the month. On what do I base this the toffee men play Spurs this week and will lose that will put then in the bottom three they will then lose to Scunthorpe out of two cups this season to lower league teams (Brentford and Scunny) this will not be acceptable on Merseyside, and Moyes will be out.

I also predicted that Paul would be our next manager when we were 5-0 down to Colchester last season

I hope I am well off the mark. because I believe that Mr Lambert is one of the best managers we have ever had

[/quote]More unwarranted than unwanted.

I also happen to think there is a good chance that Paul Lambert''s next move may be to Everton. It will only happen when David Moyes takes over at Manchester United for a retiring Ferguson, whenever that may be. 

This might be a credible opinion if not for the fact that Everton have a bad patch every other season yet Moyes is still there.

Of all the teams Everton are the least likely to sack their manager when things get rocky. Everton will need to be in the bottom 3 going into april fir there to be any chance of Moyes going.

If you''re so convinced OP, then have a punt.  Lambert isn''t even listed on oddschecker, but you can get 100/1 on Andy Gray or Gary Lineker if you want.

So like some others, I won''t wait until 1 Feb to laugh.  I''ll do it now.

Lets all laugh at the bell-end

[/quote]How does the Everton v Spurs result tonight fit in with your prediction?

lol get back to voteing for Keane in the green un op. Going by your first prediction should remortgage the house and have a double Everton to win Saturday and Moyes still to be in the Everton job at the end of season.

[/quote]

Are you sure you don''t mean Burnley or perhaps Villa. My personal worry is that he will be unable to resist the charms of Port Vale.

[quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="i need to be entertained"]

[/quote]

Are you sure you don''t mean Burnley or perhaps Villa. My personal worry is that he will be unable to resist the charms of Port Vale.

[/quote]Stockport for me.

Whilst I''m sure Everton would be interested in Lambert were they managerless, I cannot believe the idiocy of thinking that David Moyes'' job is under ANY threat at all. Probably the safest job in the country bar Sir Alex and Arsene. Would only leave if offered better.

[/quote]

I cannot wait until 1st feb so i will laugh at you on 6th Jan if that is alright..By the way i will have a pint of whatever you have been drinking.[:D]