Sign in to follow this  
Morisons Prozac

Second loan?

Seems very harsh on Askou, in my opinion one of the best Centre Halfs we''ve got, better than Nelson. Reasonably quick, reads the game well and isn''t afraid to play the ball out from the back, very good on his left peg so slots in nicely and allows Drury to move onward. However Lambo must have his reasons and as much as I am loyal to the players we have why not sign match hungry players. If we are to challenge the top half of the league we need to sign the best players and prevent other teams from having them.

If he is to be signed I''d imagine there would be a certain percentage of matches he''d need to be involved in because other Championship clubs would be starting him week in week out so for us to put together a good bid Mancini would need reassurance he''d be playing games.

[quote user="Lambert is King"]According to quite a few reports he is on £8000 a week with Man City after getting a pay rise last January to keep him at the club. Possibly the highest paid teenager in english football.  [/quote]Maybe he is now but Walcott got a pay rise on his 19th birhdau from 4k a week to something like 12-15k a week!

I''m not sure if it has been discussed elsewhere but why are none of you concerned about lack of cover for Holt?

For me this is the most worrying ''gap'' in our squad and I have been quietly hoping that Lambo will announce a loan striker of the Holt ilk.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]I''d rather give one of our academy products a chance, francome or one of the other youh lads![/quote]Other youth players.........well Stephens and Dumic have left.  So are you proposing that we put in  a raw 16 / 17 year old into the heart of our defence?

[quote user="I am a Banana"]I''d rather give one of our academy products a chance, francome or one of the other youh lads![/quote]Other youth players.........well Stephens and Dumic have left.  So are you proposing that we put in  a raw 16 / 17 year old into the heart of our defence?

Might there be a chance we are looking to sign Barnett in January, especially if we are top 6 and looking serious contenders for promotion?

You''d think that we would have tried to get him for the season=unless WBA think he''ll do well for us for 4 months, then they can flog him to someone else?

Like others have said. I''d like to see some decent cover for Holt. I don''t see Martin and Jackson as a front two, however, you do wonder if, as his career progresses, that Martin is going to become more of an attacking midfielder/trequestrada (sp!)-type player, and yes, phrase learnt from CM2010!

Some old pro who knows the level as back up to Holt would be worth getting.

It would be a huge coup. Newcastle want him and if he was willing to join us it would be a fantastic signing. You are right though, I''d rather have a right back and another big striker.

[quote user="king canary"][quote user="Mister Chops"]Not overly keen on a central defensive partnership made up of two loan players, or Ward plus one.  Also taking a 19 year old on loan is good for Man City, but I''m not sure I want our club to be the NCFC Finishing School for Potential Premiership Stars Of The Future.

On the other hand, Lambert knows the business more than me, we''re £20m in debt, we don''t have any centre back youth prospects ready to play in the Championship and I reckon the transfer budget''s already been spent.  So if we can get him for the season, given Barnett is only on a 3 month loan, we should do it.

So in summary, [8-)]
[/quote]
Barnett is on loan til January isn''t he?

I dont think we need another CB. Ward is coming into his best it seems, Askou and Nelson are both capeable at this level. It could be that Lambert is being given some cause for concern by Whitbred.
[/quote]

Till we buy him

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Not overly keen on a central defensive partnership made up of two loan players, or Ward plus one.  Also taking a 19 year old on loan is good for Man City, but I''m not sure I want our club to be the NCFC Finishing School for Potential Premiership Stars Of The Future.

On the other hand, Lambert knows the business more than me, we''re £20m in debt, we don''t have any centre back youth prospects ready to play in the Championship and I reckon the transfer budget''s already been spent.  So if we can get him for the season, given Barnett is only on a 3 month loan, we should do it.

So in summary, [8-)]
[/quote]Who''s to say the money isn''t there come January to make them BOTH permanent.

Hmmm. Deadline closes in a couple of days (although loans reopen again a week later), the lad''s not playing regularly for Man City (not even making the bench, although that was after the bit in the paper), championship club has their first choice centre half injured the week previous...agent files story and picks on said club to boost his client''s profile.

I may be wrong but I think this lad played most of pre-season as a full back and played almost all of Man C''s matches?!?

Maybe Askou has said he wants to leave the club after Saturday which is why Lambert may be looking to bring another CB in on loan?

My biggest concern is - don''t Boyota''s have faulty accelerators? We don''t want him going all "out-of-controlly" down the right wing - unable to stop - running directionless at full speed... after all we only just got rid of Otsemobor...

Seriously though - my understanding is that Boyata can play at right-back. So might be a useful addition to the SQUAD.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Mister Chops"]Not overly keen on a central defensive partnership made up of two loan players, or Ward plus one.  Also taking a 19 year old on loan is good for Man City, but I''m not sure I want our club to be the NCFC Finishing School for Potential Premiership Stars Of The Future.On the other hand, Lambert knows the business more than me, we''re £20m in debt, we don''t have any centre back youth prospects ready to play in the Championship and I reckon the transfer budget''s already been spent.  So if we can get him for the season, given Barnett is only on a 3 month loan, we should do it.So in summary, [8-)][/quote]Who''s to say the money isn''t there come January to make them BOTH permanent.[/quote]Who''s to say we won''t be going into administration?

Old Shuck Wrote

''''Some old pro who knows the level as back up to Holt would be worth getting.''''

Yep, you cant beat the experience of some old pro.....