Sign in to follow this  
Ren

Norwich City V Hull City is a grade A game....

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[quote user="Ren"]No brainer to you maybe but over the last 25 years or so Hull have been in at least one league or below us, hardly a big draw at £31 a shot![/quote]

Adult members can buy tickets for £27 in the end stands for grade A games, so why the hell quote £31??

Tell you what, why don`t the moaners on this thread start a campaign to sell players in January to the value of the ones we`ve just brought in (£3m or so) in order to reduce ticket prices?  Or is it that you demand it both ways?

[/quote]1, To buy a members ticket (plus £1.50 booking fee) you have to purchase a membership for £12.50 or £17.50 which adds to the cost.2, The club is getting about an extra £4m in TV revenue.[/quote]

1,  Beside the point.  To constantly bang on about £31 tickets when thousands are available for £27 is, i`ll be polite, misleading.

2,  Very much linked to my second point, we`ve just spent some £3m net on players.  Do you want to see them sold in January to fund reduced prices?  Question obviously open to anyone else, but i won`t hold my breath for an answer.

And your £1m quote for the new seats is way out- very misleading once again.

[/quote]The cheapest grade A price is £29 for a non-member + £1.50 booking fee. To get a ticket for £27 you have to pay extra to become a member.McNasty said the new seats would take 3 years to pay for themselves.  Say an average of £15 per game x 23 home games x 3 years x 1,000 seats = £1,035,000.If the club can''t fill the seats on a regualr basis to cover their cost then they are a waste of money.

Is there a list anywhere that shows you what grade each game is or is it the club just coming out with the grade prior to tickets going on sale

Well i can assure you tom, i won`t be paying any booking fee this season, so i assume i am the only city fan for whom they are not compulsary.  Lucky me.....[:|]

The quote i heard re. the seats was we wouldn`t be making any money on them till next season- ie. one season to cover the cost.  I`d love to see the 3-year quote.

Mr. Carrow the point I think you are missing from Tom''s post about the booking fee is that the a large section of the Super Members and in turn casual supporters are not based in or around Norwich - a such we do have to pay the booking fee.

£1.50 booking fee isn''t so bad. There was a £9 booking fee on my Muse tickets from Ticketmaster.

Davo

so let me get this straight.People wont pay £17 to save £5 off the cost of tickets by being a super member as its "extra money" but will happily pay £32 and whinge.now im not a mathematical genius by any stretch but say you go to 10 games at £32 thats £320.10 games at £27 is £270 saving of £50 take £17 off that and its £33. so thats essentialy a game that you have got into for free...i see the logic now in whingeing like a girl and not paying the £17!!!!no wonder this countries financially in the sh*t if people cant work out basic savings like that!

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]Mr. Carrow the point I think you are missing from Tom''s post about the booking fee is that the a large section of the Super Members and in turn casual supporters are not based in or around Norwich - a such we do have to pay the booking fee.[/quote]

Plenty of people have already posted that they are going to get a friend or relative to get the tickets to save the booking fee.  Many people visit Norwich fairly frequently so tickets can be bought then without the booking fee.  If you buy several tickets in advance the effect of the booking fee is minimal.  Or you can do what i did Saturday- go to the ground/castle mall and buy a ticket on the day of the match without a booking fee.  It`s just lazy people moaning because they can`t be bothered to be organised enough to do one of the above.  As plenty of people have already posted, a booking fee is standard practise these days and it`s often per ticket, rather than per transaction as ours is.

The booking fee would not have bothered me if NCFC had had the balls to advertise it rather than just sneak it on when I phoned up to renew my daughters membership fee.

I might be wrong but I dont ever remember seeing it mention on the offical site.

Ren, from what i`ve been told the board were considering price hikes on s.tickets a fair bit higher than the 6% they implemented (our s.tickets are still comparitively cheap).  There was disagreement on this, so a compromise was reached and the booking fee and "rounding up" of refreshment prices was introduced to make up for a lower season ticket price increase than initially proposed.

Now the funny thing is is that i don`t believe there would have been half the fuss if the club had simply increased s.ticket prices by say 8-9%, rather than adding extra charges which absolutely nobody is forced to pay! 

When it comes down to it, members can attend an A game for £27- which is exactly the price i payed to witness our worst home defeat ever at our lowest level for 50 years with "Mr Norwich" in charge and clowns like Theo Dropalotius in the team.  We`re now in a higher league with a superb manager who the board have backed to the hilt and we`re watching class acts like Ward and Surman.  That,my friend, is a bargain.

Further to the above, it could be that the clubs reaction to failing to sell out of casual tickets will be to release several thousand half-season tickets to fill the seats.  There may be rules preventing this, i`m not sure, but it could be that CR will get even more difficult to get a casual ticket for than it has in recent years- particularly if we have a good season.

Mr Carrow whilst I can see that in order to ensure the debt does not get any bigger costs will have to rise, but I think what a lot of NCFC fans are struggling with is the way that we have had all these add-ons put on us with no consulation. Its just not the way this club has been run in the last ten years.

For all NCFCs failings on the pitch I have always felt the club has got it right off the pitch.

Its all well and good saying that we now have a better set up than we did two years ago, it is worth remembering that we are only three games in and a lot can happen between now and May.

I want to see the team do well, of course I do, but why cant the team do well and we have a ground that people can afford to get into. We dont have to have one but not the other.

[quote user="Ren"]Mr Carrow whilst I can see that in order to ensure the debt does not get any bigger costs will have to rise, but I think what a lot of NCFC fans are struggling with is the way that we have had all these add-ons put on us with no consulation. Its just not the way this club has been run in the last ten years..[/quote]

Thats what I have the problem with too, if they had told us upfront about all these little extras then you know and have a choice. I didn''t know about the booking fee until I had purchased tickets for the friendlies and was just about to give her my card details.

As I said before we will have a chance to question them at the forum after NCISA''s AGM.

Surely the sad truth, Ren,is that the two are mutually exclusive. As Mr C says, we can have a family friendly club with cheap tickets: that''s the approach that led us to narrowly escape relegation for two seasons in a row before finally going down (and initially looking as though we were going to settle for being in League One). Or you can back your manager and be net spenders on players, in which case the money has to come from somewhere. Ticket prices throughout football are unacceptably high. I reckon somewhere around twelve quid would be a fair price to pay for a second division game. I think 27 or 31 is laughable. But, the insoluble problem is that if Norwich were to do the right thing and reduce their prices, we''d be playing League Two football in three years. The only solution would be for the clubs to agree a limit on the money they pay their players, or for fans to withdraw their custom. Neither of those things will ever happen.Personally, I think the cost-per-game on my season ticket is pretty reasonable, and I am happy to pay it, and I totally understand why McNally has raised casual prices. If I didn''t live in Norwich, though, I couldn''t see myself coming to many games at around 30 quid a pop.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

Ren, from what i`ve been told the board were considering price hikes on s.tickets a fair bit higher than the 6% they implemented (our s.tickets are still comparitively cheap).  There was disagreement on this, so a compromise was reached and the booking fee and "rounding up" of refreshment prices was introduced to make up for a lower season ticket price increase than initially proposed.

Now the funny thing is is that i don`t believe there would have been half the fuss if the club had simply increased s.ticket prices by say 8-9%, rather than adding extra charges which absolutely nobody is forced to pay! 

When it comes down to it, members can attend an A game for £27- which is exactly the price i payed to witness our worst home defeat ever at our lowest level for 50 years with "Mr Norwich" in charge and clowns like Theo Dropalotius in the team.  We`re now in a higher league with a superb manager who the board have backed to the hilt and we`re watching class acts like Ward and Surman.  That,my friend, is a bargain.

[/quote]I''ve no idea whether the basis for this post (the board''s supposed discussion) is factually accurate or not. But if it is then it amounts to a grudging admission of what I and other posters have been saying all along. We are all in favour of increasing revenues but if you go about it the wrong way (and this post effectively says that is what has happened) then you don''t get more money; you get less.It doesn''t matter how fans SHOULD behave in some kind of logical fantasy world. What matters is how they DO behave in the real world.And in the real world fans almost certainly would have accepted (quite possibly grudgingly) a reasonable hike in season ticket prices. It''s a one-off annual payment that you can convince yourself is a necessary part of life, even in a recession. And you knew the price was going to go up. Inflation. A higher division. It''s just a few pounds more than you would like.But the kind of stealth taxes and casual ticket prices the club is - according to this idea - trying to use instead, match in, match out, to try to make up the difference are bound to be resisted in times of economic hardship. Come a specific weekend and you (a non-season ticketholder) have - say - £70 in your wallet. What do you do? Spend it all on 90 minutes for you and your two children at Carrow Road or use it to pay for a whole day''s entertainment for them around the county? Or treat yourself and the wife to a meal out? Or save it? In the real world there is a good chance the Carrow Road option loses out to one of the others. Less revenue for the club.I still not convinced NCFC HAS got it wrong (two games is nowhere near enough evidence) but I am convinced that football generally has underestimated effects of the recession on the game.

Robert that''s a good post. I want us to be as good as we can be and to have a lower amount of debt. Sadly that means ticket prices have to go up. It also means that I can''t go to as many home games as I would like if they are all Grade A. Part of it is that some teams like Swansea just shouldn''t be Grade A so I won''t go as I don''t think it''s value for money.

It really doesn''t surprise me that Hull are Grade A. I also suspect Pompey and Burnley will be too. I also expect people to moan about them being so.

I wonder if those moaning about Hull being a Grade A are the same people advocating Leeds as one of a select few games to be Grade A? I then also wonder if those same people who think Leeds should be a Grade A are the same people who brand Leeds fans as being arrogant and moan about the media always covering them despite the fact they''ve "fallen" and been in "division 3" for years?

Davo

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]Mr. Carrow the point I think you are missing from Tom''s post about the booking fee is that the a large section of the Super Members and in turn casual supporters are not based in or around Norwich - a such we do have to pay the booking fee.[/quote]

Plenty of people have already posted that they are going to get a friend or relative to get the tickets to save the booking fee.  Many people visit Norwich fairly frequently so tickets can be bought then without the booking fee.  If you buy several tickets in advance the effect of the booking fee is minimal.  Or you can do what i did Saturday- go to the ground/castle mall and buy a ticket on the day of the match without a booking fee.  It`s just lazy people moaning because they can`t be bothered to be organised enough to do one of the above.  As plenty of people have already posted, a booking fee is standard practise these days and it`s often per ticket, rather than per transaction as ours is.

[/quote]As I''ve said before, a booking fee is standard when purchasing a ticket from a ticket agency or from a venue selling on behalf of a promoter. However, NCFC are selling tickets for their own events and so shouldn''t really be charging a booking fee.