Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

"Clumsy defending from Norwich City" - quelle surprise

[quote user="leedscanary"][quote user="Thecanaryfan"]Martin is now my fave player at the mo.[/quote]

Russell? -be careful, the Haters will be onto you!
[/quote]

Russell Martin has played his part well so far tonight. He sacrices alot in the pursuit of goals, but he was involved in both 1st half.

But yes, I prefer Chrissy a little more than Russell!

[quote user="Herman "]Exeter 1 up. Not Cureton though.[/quote]Scum playing a reserve side though

I was Russell Martin''s biggest critic last season. But he seems to have improved in the two games so far this season. He looked alot more fitter against Watford and played well in the first half. I''ll give him credit.

The defence is a real concern though, I''d rather we played Askou. He impressed me before he got injured, he was very composed and had good positional sense, which we need right now.

[quote user="Wxyz"][quote user="Herman "]Exeter 1 up. Not Cureton though.[/quote]
Scum playing a reserve side though
[/quote]

Amazing that Sky Sports have got Arsene Wenger commentating on that game

[quote user="Wxyz"][quote user="Herman "]Exeter 1 up. Not Cureton though.[/quote]
[/quote]

I''m pretending that it''s their best squad [;)]

[/quote]

Not all reserves, they have Leadbitter, Stead, Norris, Murphy, O''Connor playing

Lots of surprises with this lot going out Coventry, QPR, Barnsley, Charlton maybe who were 0-3 up and its now 4-3 [:)]

Good result for us tonight, will give us confidence for Saturday and Holt is back in the goals.[:)]

Still worried about Ward/Nelson in the championship though.

An off topic question really, but this has kind of turned into the match thread so I might aswell ask here.

Are the Prem clubs now entered into the second round? I know the teams that are playing in Europe go into the round after.

And are clubs still ranked for the next round?

Defence still a big worry, Gillingham should have had 3 by half time, the goal, hitting the underside of the bar with a header, and an open goal after a poor Ruddy palm out.

[quote user="Big Slob"]Defence still a big worry, Gillingham should have had 3 by half time, the goal, hitting the underside of the bar with a header, and an open goal after a poor Ruddy palm out.[/quote]What?? You mean the very impressive one hand reflex stop from Ruddy? Jesus some people have already decided Ruddy is shit so anything he does will be considered ''shakey.''

[quote user="Big Slob"]Defence still a big worry, Gillingham should have had 3 by half time, the goal, hitting the underside of the bar with a header, and an open goal after a poor Ruddy palm out.[/quote]

Thought it was a top Ruddy save myself. And using that logic we should/could have had 4 by half time, 2 goals, hit the bar and the post.

Oh right from where i was (side on) looked like it was straight at him. My bad. Thought Holt and Martin looked top drawer tonight. And i think Russell Martin did well too, got forward well many a time.

[quote user="morty"]Jesus, some of you just can''t wait to spread the doom and gloom.

[/quote]

Jeez I know.  I mean 4-1 in the cup on a Tuesday evening, we normally lose these. 

If we are playing the same as we did against Watford after 10 league games then that will be the time for real concern.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[quote user="morty"]Jesus, some of you just can''t wait to spread the doom and gloom.

[/quote]

Jeez I know.  I mean 4-1 in the cup on a Tuesday evening, we normally lose these. 

If we are playing the same as we did against Watford after 10 league games then that will be the time for real concern.

[/quote]There was a guy sat behind me (I wasn''t in my usual seat) kept saying "I bet the Gills score here, I bet we lose" and when he started with "We should bring Rudd on, I just don''t trust our keeper" I felt like slapping him.

Having read most of this thread I thought "they couldn''t have been at the same game as me". Then I realised, they weren''t![:S]

[quote user="morty"]There was a guy sat behind me (I wasn''t in my usual seat) kept saying "I bet the Gills score here, I bet we lose" and when he started with "We should bring Rudd on, I just don''t trust our keeper" I felt like slapping him.[/quote]The guy I sat next to told me he didn''t like Ruddy and we should have signed Andy Marshall! Later, he told me it was the first game he''d seen this season![:S]