Sign in to follow this  
Barclaybred

The Corner Hotel...How much is it

If i remember right it is quite expensive,and much cheaper alternatives can be found in the city!

[quote user="Barclaybred"]

To stay for a night on matchdays or a weekend?..We might do it this weekend if reasonable..

[/quote]There are often decent deals, take a look on the holiday inn website.  I''ve stayed there a few times, never paid more than £70 B&B, and they''ve all been on Saturday match nights.

Cheers :) Will look at it nearer time around xmas,as bro who lives abroad,is coming over for 3 weeks from 10th dec,so thought we would treat him..Last time over here was 95 season,so apart from photos etc,he hasnt seen the ground since its changed...Was prepared to go up to £500 for weekend,so sounds reasonably £99 for 1 night

[quote user="Barclaybred"]Cheers :) Will look at it nearer time around xmas,as bro who lives abroad,is coming over for 3 weeks from 10th dec,so thought we would treat him..Last time over here was 95 season,so apart from photos etc,he hasnt seen the ground since its changed...Was prepared to go up to £500 for weekend,so sounds reasonably £99 for 1 night[/quote]no probs[Y] also if you ask nicely and there is one avalible they will put you in a room overlooking the ground...its a nice touch to wake up open the curtains and see all of Carra Rd[Y]

You tend to get better deals at the weekend. I have stayed several times for under £60. Very nice rooms as well.

I''m staying at the Nelson on Friday night, and it only cost £29 for a family room. Did book it about 5 weeks ago though.

[quote user="vkpotbc"]try the central hotel just down from the train station, i paid 50 pounds for 2 nights.[/quote]That used to be really seedy. Only stayed there once back in the 90''s and the owner gave me the creeps. The door had no lock so I had to jam the chair and chest of drawers against it. Practically ran out of there in the morning. Has it changed?

[quote user="Woman in the Stands (WITS)"][quote user="vkpotbc"]try the central hotel just down from the train station, i paid 50 pounds for 2 nights.[/quote]

That used to be really seedy. Only stayed there once back in the 90''s and the owner gave me the creeps. The door had no lock so I had to jam the chair and chest of drawers against it. Practically ran out of there in the morning.

Has it changed?

Thought it was a knocking shop? [:S]

I''ve had a stay at the Holiday inn once, it cost £25 extra to get a room over looking the pitch !

I take the family up to Norwich about every 6 weeks during the season and have found the best place to stay is the Nelson Hotel (premier inn) It''s position is ideal and the food is good, (better than the Holiday Inn) and like the ad says only £29 a night - well only if ya book well in advance and not on a Saturday !

[quote user="leedscanary"]I''m staying at the Nelson on Friday night, and it only cost £29 for a family room. Did book it about 5 weeks ago though.
[/quote]

leaves you with enough to get nana a drink [;)]

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="leedscanary"]I''m staying at the Nelson on Friday night, and it only cost £29 for a family room. Did book it about 5 weeks ago though.[/quote]

[/quote]Coke or Lemonade? seeing as the Barmen know how old you are [;)] [:P]

[quote user="leedscanary"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="leedscanary"]I''m staying at the Nelson on Friday night, and it only cost £29 for a family room. Did book it about 5 weeks ago though.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Coke or Lemonade? seeing as the Barmen know how old you are [;)] [:P]
[/quote]

darn... i was hoping for an orange juice [;)]

Last time we stayed for two sharing, only £60 per room per night (so £30 each - competitive compared to Travelodge etc), mind you we were in a party of 12. so they probably counted on our bar bill making them a decent return - which was what happened cos Norwich won!