Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Emptying the bins

[quote user="bluemike"]Yes he will have to go, and if we start as bad as last season, it should be by end october. [/quote]Who would you fancy in his place?

[quote user="bluemike"]Im not sure to be honest Morty, im hoping against hope its not gonna come to that ![/quote]This isn''t sour grapes or wishful thinking, but I really think this story doesn''t have a happy ending, I dunno if its bias or not, but I really don''t rate him.

i don''t think they can afford to pay him off

.............. they still haven''t paid poor old ''mad jig'' what they owe him

ps odd how the talk is now of wheeling and dealing rather than the millions and milliona available to get into the Premiership - even Mr Roy has given up on that on that idea as he''s now hoping for a playoff place ...... if possible

RIPswich

I was very pleased with his appointment, im not just saying it but it didnt take me long (unlike 1000s of others ) to realise it was gonna go tits up, having said that we did become very hard to beat and if just 6 of those draws had been wins it would have been play offs, so I do think he is improving, do I like him ? Not overly if im honest.

[quote user="bluemike"]I was very pleased with his appointment, im not just saying it but it didnt take me long (unlike 1000s of others ) to realise it was gonna go tits up, having said that we did become very hard to beat and if just 6 of those draws had been wins it would have been play offs, so I do think he is improving, do I like him ? Not overly if im honest. [/quote]I''ll admit to being a bit jealous when you got him, on the face of it, it showed ambition. I don''t like him much, never have if i''m honest. Next season will be defining in your history I think, reading between the lines I think your money man has reigned Roy in a bit and told him "You have just about enough to do the job now"Even millionaires get bored of throwing their money away sooner or later. And theres the other issue, Keane is absolutely minted and never really has to work again ever, so I do wonder if theres part of him that thinks "So what if it all goes wrong"

errr, no my little straw chewer

it would have needed NINE of those draws to have been wins for your bunch of no hopers to get into the playoffs

mind you if five of your wins had been draws you would have been relegated

does rather point to where you were really nearer to

[quote user="City1st"]errr, no my little straw chewer

it would have needed NINE of those draws to have been wins for your bunch of no hopers to get into the playoffs

mind you if five of your wins had been draws you would have been relegated

does rather point to where you were really nearer to[/quote]Like you were last season you mean ?

So is it still six wins ?

perhaps you are the one who used to do the accounts at poorman road, you don''t sound bright

[quote user="City1st"]So is it still six wins ?

perhaps you are the one who used to do the accounts at poorman road, you don''t sound bright[/quote] No but you sound really bright, hence the reason for my initial post in reply to your ramblings at the beginning of this thread, dont get me wrong we have them on the ITFC boards too, sad immature prats that just love to insult.

[quote user="Ncfc"]They have a £3.5 million bid in for Chopra you could buy 50 of the cheapies we are bringing in with that , not one City signing  has strengthend the team one bit .[/quote]Are you a binman by any chance? I''ll take PL''s opinion of a player over yours. You clearly subscribe to the Portsmouth school of football finance.

[quote user="Ncfc"]They have a £3.5 million bid in for Chopra you could buy 50 of the cheapies we are bringing in with that , not one City signing  has strengthend the team one bit .[/quote]Ward is twice the defender of askou and Nelson... so thats one.

"sad immature prats that just love to insult2

as opposed to ..............

City1st, how do you know that they have not bid for Cardif and ''know'' a lot about their finances?

[quote user="bluemike"][quote user="blahblahblah"]The lack of response probably suggests what most people think of this mike.[/quote]Yeah I guess it does, the thing is you dont have to be Einstein to know we have fucked up badly as a club in the last few years, surely it is now the right thing to do in shipping out deadwood before bringing more new players in ? Im actually glad evans seems to be controlling it better than others before him. I do agree it is good to go into pre season with your new signings in place but do you guys honestly think the players Lambert has brought in are good championship players ? i have my doubts, but good luck to the guy, I have nothing against Lambert he did a good job last season, it will get harder, it just drives me nuts with all the hatred that seems to abound in this guys posts, banter is one thing, I guess its my fault for looking at your forum, I actually enjoy reading some of it, and as I say there are some good posters on here. I just hope the fact we are waiting before signing players means that when we do we will be pleased unlike the crap of last season, Martin and priskin to name but two. The money for a top striker will be there if and when this player becomes available, irrespective of if we have cleared some deadwood out or not. Anyhow for all the decent fans on here, cant wait for the rivalry to resume, good luck next season. [/quote]I can''t wait until next season, I really don''t know what to expect from, well, anyone! Next season you should really be pushing for the play-offs, you have a solid basis in your team and I think you just need a bit of quality, like us. I am surprised you have held on to Roy Keane, I am being no means bias but he really, is, a terrible manager. He is clueless on the amount of money he spends, and I am sorry but if he carries on you could be in a difficult position financially. I mean 1.6m for Lee Martin and Tamas Priskin respectively is a joke, no offense. Lee Martin did absolutely nothing at Forest and it just seems like Roy Keane finds one guy he wants, and he has a arrogant attitude and makes sure he gets that man, whatever price. The first bit is like our very own Lambo, but the second isn''t. I feel Lambert is wise with money and will not do anything stupid, unfortunately I don''t see Keane has that attribute. You have a very good prospect in Wickham, and I have always liked Edwards as a player, and there are a few others I would love in our team. However, I don''t think Keane is the best man manager and I fear the worst with him and Wickham, if he gets to expectant or doesn''t give him enough chances, Conor might want out. Anyway, I was just trying to be honest about your team there, can''t wait for the derby next year, it would be great to have to East Anglian teams pushing for the big time. What do you think of our team? Lambo? etc [:D]

I think Ipswich underperformed last year having one of their worst finishes ever. Living where I do I encounter many of their regular fans who are bitterly disappointed with last seasons performance not only at skill level but also with lack of passion. The manager has to take some if not all of the blame for this and unless he turns it around I suspect his stay will be short lived.

Conversely on reflection we built a team for L1 and won it quite comfortably. We have the momentum and the right culture across Board ,management,fans and players and with a few additions to the squad and Lambert''s inspiration we coul be a surprise package.

I have onl ever had two modest targets - to avoid relegation and finish above the binners - I think we can comfortably do both

Personally, I think it''s refreshing to have a decent debate with an Ipswich fan. I have nothing against that club but some of their fans really get on my chimes. Some of them probably think the same of us.

I''m looking forward to the derby games and sincerely wish one was a night game, midweek and the other on a Saturday. Is it really that volatile? Perhaps it needs more normal fans to take a line of healthy rivalry - passion without the overblown hatred.

I still think Keane is a poor manager though and Ipswich will struggle to get near the playoffs.

" City1st, how do you know that they have not bid for Cardif and ''know'' a lot about their finances? "

it''s all out there

"At 30 June 2009 the club had…total interest-bearing debt of £35.7 million

Turnover was down from £15.8 million in 2007/08 to £14.7 million 2008/09

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Ncfc"]They have a £3.5 million bid in for Chopra you could buy 50 of the cheapies we are bringing in with that , not one City signing  has strengthend the team one bit .[/quote]Ward is twice the defender of askou and Nelson... so thats one.[/quote] Is Ward replacing Nelson or Askou in the starting 11 then ? who is replacing the Doc .

[quote user="First Jedi"]Not usually one for crying "binner", but Ncfc is blatently a one. 100% negative posts about us... (notice he never says "us" or "we", always "Norwich" or "City", too...)[/quote]Not at all just a Norwich fan sick to death of signing League 1 journeymen  , if we had still been in League 1 these signings would have been uninspiring for a supposed assault on the Championship top 6 i find them laughable. As for our neighbours they have bid for Chopra and according to the bloke that runs twtd they look very likely to get him , oh to be as skint as them eh City 1st.

" City1st, how do you know that they have not bid for Cardif and ''know'' a lot about their finances? "

it''s all out there

"At 30 June 2009 the club had…total interest-bearing debt of £35.7 million

Turnover was down from £15.8 million in and 2007/08 to £14.7 million 2008/09

Overall staff costs are up to £15.94 million from £12.57 million, which represents 108.8% of the club’s annual turnover "

These are the binner''s own accounts. Add the unpaid interest, the lower season ticket sales and the presumed running costs of the club (that are not even given) and £35.7m easily becomes £40m plus or

"This loss together with the cumulative interest on the pre existing debt is likely to have significantly increased the size of the overall debt owing to the Marcus Evans Group to over £40m" Ipswich Trust committee Nov 2009

"That’s the £50m question, probably the current size of the outstanding debt!" Ipswich Trust committee Jan 2010

"Half the clubs in the division are listed as insolvent including Ipswich" - business information provider Equifax. Jan 2010

There''s no great mystery. Clegg''s words today bear out their position. that is certain. What is not certain is why he chose to admit the perilous state of affairs. Keane also admitted that he would now only be looking for a play off place. Not promotion as was previously claimed would happen, within two years.

Chopra. Therein lies a bit of a mystery. Yes I do happily debate with binners. One an Ipswich Trust chap. Any talk or banter is at least based on a grasp of reality, not the drivel spouted out by dimwits like bluemike or portmanking. They have absolute CERTAINTY that NO bid was ever made for Chopra. Even Keane accepted "We have to be realistic who we think we can get, who we fancy coming to Ipswich, in terms of the fee and the wages. It’s going to be difficult, no doubt.”

I''m quite happy to stand by my figures and all other claims. When I posted up that the paupers were not able to bring in any players until they had turfed out some of those already there, one over exited binner (portmanking) went into an overdrive of frenzied bleating. Today Clegg comes out and verifies that fact.

Finally this is a City board. there will be posts laughing at the binners, that''s the nature of the beast. More so when it''s mocking their stupidity. The good news there is much, much more of that fun to come as the paupers spiral ever downward.

Hi Champions...(Norwich)I agree we should be pushing for the play offs and I honestly think with

3/4 additions we will be, lets not forget the second half of the season

was play off form. You are spot on in what you say about Priskin and

Martin they appear to be terrible buys, martin can go as far as I am

concerned, Priskin on the other hand is not such a clear cut case, the

lad has undoubted ability, where I think it didnt work out for him was

in the tactics employed by Keane, we played far too much bloody hoofball

and not enough decent passing football, Priskin''s strength is

undoubtedly having ball to feet and running at defenders, I dont think

the guy was given a chance, one or two players have since come out and

said that as much as we want to play decent attractive football it just

wasnt possible due to the awful start we made that put us under

pressure, maybe its valid, maybe not. You are right, we have a real gem

in Wickham and thats no bull, the lad will go on to be a star, I have to

say so far Keane has handled him very well and only used him sparingly,

only today his father and indeed Wickham himself have publicly said he

WILL be at Portman Road at least until  the end of his 2 year contract

and after that who knows, lots of former pros are saying the 5 million

fee being mentioned for him is laughable as it wouldnt buy his left

boot, well im not sure I''d go that far but he will only get better which

could also be good for England too. For what its worth I also agree

that Keane does not appear to be the best manager for the job, but we

have him and we have to accept it. In reply to your question about your

team, firstly I think you have a gem of a manager if im honest, he seems

to know exactly what he wants and strives to achieve it, of course it

will be harder this season despite the wave of optimism at Carrow Road

at the moment this is a very competitive league as you obviously know,  I

think Norwich will be comfortable mid table which has to be a decent

outcome surely. I think Holt is a real good target man but goals will

not be quite so easy to come by, Im also quite impressed with Martin and

Hoolihan, also the Keeper you had on loan. Of your new signings Ward

seems a good coup for the club but im not overly impressed with the

others as yet but equally I dont know an awful lot about them. I too

cannot wait for the Derby games, thats what football is about, and

thanks for a decent, constructive convo.

[quote user="Ncfc"][quote user="First Jedi"]Not usually one for crying "binner", but Ncfc is blatently a one. 100% negative posts about us... (notice he never says "us" or "we", always "Norwich" or "City", too...)[/quote]
Not at all just a Norwich fan sick to death of signing League 1 journeymen  , if we had still been in League 1 these signings would have been uninspiring for a supposed assault on the Championship top 6 i find them laughable. As for our neighbours they have bid for Chopra and according to the bloke that runs twtd they look very likely to get him , oh to be as skint as them eh City 1st.
[/quote]

^ shows what you know, we have signed two players from league one, hardly a journeyman but rather player of the season and captain you numpty. The other very hughly rated and even our bitter rivals apear to be sad about his switch

Smith who has played champions league is far from a league one journey man wouldnt you say?

And ward who is well proven to be a quality player in the championship.

If you are a Norwich fan your not a very good one and you might aswell go watch the scum in the south. Maybe wash keanos dogs while your at it?

Wow a Brighton midfielder , a Colchester bit player a Rangers reserve abd a centre half not good enough for Coventry , i tire of you people applauding everybody who comes into the club as great , look back to the Roeder , Grant and Gunn times in charge all their signings were hailed as great signings and dont knock them till they play 90% turned out to be rubbish and got us relegated .Remember how the few sane people on this board said Gunn was a terrible managerial appointment yet still the majority wouldnt have it , you let your support of the club blind yourselves to the rubbish .I stand by my opinion and its only my opinion that so far we have not made a decent signing just added poor class players to the squad and two good signings would have been far better than 7 or 8 poor ones , we are a squad full of lower league players and i expect a Peterboro type season .

[quote user="Ncfc"]Wow a Brighton midfielder , a Colchester bit player a Rangers reserve abd a centre half not good enough for Coventry , i tire of you people applauding everybody who comes into the club as great , look back to the Roeder , Grant and Gunn times in charge all their signings were hailed as great signings and dont knock them till they play 90% turned out to be rubbish and got us relegated .Remember how the few sane people on this board said Gunn was a terrible managerial appointment yet still the majority wouldnt have it , you let your support of the club blind yourselves to the rubbish .I stand by my opinion and its only my opinion that so far we have not made a decent signing just added poor class players to the squad and two good signings would have been far better than 7 or 8 poor ones , we are a squad full of lower league players and i expect a Peterboro type season .
[/quote]

you mean rangers player that faltered due to injury and rangers player who was offered more money to stay at gers than come here, he wasnt a reserve and was a fan favourite.

What so players come from brighton or Colchester it makes them bad, your a moron.

Ward who through injury and also falling out with the management was treated like lappin.

Id be happy to have a nice wager with you that we dont do a boro season. Name your price.

[quote user="Ncfc"]Wow a Brighton midfielder , a Colchester bit player a Rangers reserve abd a centre half not good enough for Coventry , i tire of you people applauding everybody who comes into the club as great , look back to the Roeder , Grant and Gunn times in charge all their signings were hailed as great signings and dont knock them till they play 90% turned out to be rubbish and got us relegated .Remember how the few sane people on this board said Gunn was a terrible managerial appointment yet still the majority wouldnt have it , you let your support of the club blind yourselves to the rubbish .I stand by my opinion and its only my opinion that so far we have not made a decent signing just added poor class players to the squad and two good signings would have been far better than 7 or 8 poor ones , we are a squad full of lower league players and i expect a Peterboro type season .
[/quote]

i would like to also ask you what footballing pedigree makes you think that you can judge players that you probably have never seen and just rate on what team they were at previously as this is the only way you seem to judge our signings? I suspect you havent won the Champions leauge like Mr Lambert have you?

I doubt it anything we say will make you change your opnion from a grumpy old twonk to a... well a Norwich fan.

The signings may not be your Ronaldos, Rooneys and Messis, but we are buying players who can add quality to the squad. Yes, I still hope for the ''bigger'' players, but it''s a squad/team game and they seem to fit into Lamberts style. Look back to the 2003 team, was that not a squad full of ''plodders''

Green a young keeper, FF young (Hopefully

Drury and Smith, Malky and Askou, I could on, but basically there are a lot of similarities with that team, and this new team that is being built. Performances and luck permitting..

I would rather have players who want to play for Lambert and more importantly NCFC than get some journeymen nothings, yes I still want an Ebanks-Blake, a Doyle or a Charlie Adam, but it ain''t going to happen with no money.