Sign in to follow this  
Morisons Prozac

If rumours are true...

If we are signing players like Crofts and getting rid of players like the Doc and Russell and losing Forster then I don''t hld a lot of hope for next season. Don''t get me wrong I am definetely not a doom monger and have full respect for Lambert but I think replacing Russell with Crofts is a massive backwards step and I honestly hope this isn''t true. I guess I was just hoping for links better than average league one players as we need major improvements on the team and I feel that Lambert has to look through leagues other than League One or Two to sign some real quality players to add to the squad.

I think we need to take a leaf out of Leeds'' book and go for ambitious attempts like Russell, FF or Montgomery.

[quote user="morty"]I would stop listening to rumours if I were you.[:)][/quote]Exactly. Most of them are rubbish. Very few of Lambert''s previous signings have been picked up on by the papers or whatever. It''s silly season, after all.

[quote user="Queen B"][quote user="morty"]I would stop listening to rumours if I were you.[:)][/quote]Exactly. Most of them are rubbish. Very few of Lambert''s previous signings have been picked up on by the papers or whatever. It''s silly season, after all.[/quote]I have learned to believe player rumours when I actually see them at the press conference signing on the dotted line.

Frankly, if we have offered Rusty a contract and he moves on, it will be because Lambo is happy with that situation.

For me, the Rusty situation is similar to Doc''s. The midfielder has had a good season but we musn''t think that these two are necessarily part of the answer for a top six place next season.

As we all keep saying, it''s Lambo''s call.

Yeah, cody macdonald, ollie johnson, and grant holt are of no quality what so ever and these came from stockport (league 1 relegated)  dartford(some non league team) and Shrewsbury(league 2)

LAMBERT DONT LOOK IN LEAGUE 1, 2 AND BELOW AS THESE ISN''T ANY QUALITY!!

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

Yeah, cody macdonald, ollie johnson, and grant holt are of no quality what so ever and these came from stockport (league 1 relegated)  dartford(some non league team) and Shrewsbury(league 2)

LAMBERT DONT LOOK IN LEAGUE 1, 2 AND BELOW AS THESE ISN''T ANY QUALITY!!

[/quote]

Cody macdonald and Ollie Johnson upfront all season will not get us in the play offs.... We need quality players better than our 1st team players to strengthen the 1st team... we don''t need squad players to make up the number''s and bring on for the last 20 mins of games

Mcdonald has struggled really nana, 5 or 6 goals in 18 months, he gives 100% but i dont think hes built for championship. Holt had played at league 1 level previously and the jury is probably still out on Oli. Decent as an impact sub but few games where hes started hes made an impact.

Its is a very big ask for non league players and league 2 players to make the step up. Very few do successfully.

Lets wait and see what happens. I reckon we''ll annouce a deal before the end of the month.

[quote user="Docs Big Nose that was at the Heart of the Defence"]

I think we need to take a leaf out of Leeds'' book and go for ambitious attempts like Russell, FF or Montgomery.

[/quote]

I think you will find we have offered two of the three ''ambitious'' targets you mention contracts to play at Carrow Road next season.

Doc and Russell, have proved they are not good enough for Championship football, so why not give others a chance.

If we are to move forward as a team we need better qulaity players in a number of key positions.

I''m confident Lambert knows what he is doing!!

If Lambert thinks a player''s good enough, I think they''re good enough.

Because a player comes with a big reputation doesn''t mean they''re always gonna be a success.

Oh jesus, threads like this make me despair.

Yes, that''s right - we''re selling off all our good players and replacing them with crap. This despite the fact the players leaving are players who have been highly criticised in the past and the players coming in are pretty much unknown of this parish.

Oh, and let''s totally and conveniently ignore the fact that this is rumour and speculation only. Nothing factual about it. Let''s just jump on the manager''s back and criticise for the sake of it!

Never mind the fact that the manager in charge has masterminded one of the greatest league seasons of Norwich City history. He''s not signing Ronaldo, Rooney and Messi! Let''s criticise him.

And to the numpty who claims Cody has "struggled" because he''s not scored many goals in his time here should perhaps look at his goals to games ratio. No matter what level, no matter how long he''s on for, he has a knack of getting chances. And of those chances, he''s put quite a number away.

I wouldn''t be surprised if Cody''s goals to minutes on field ratio is very high.

[quote user="Docs Big Nose that was at the Heart of the Defence"]

If we are signing players like Crofts and getting rid of players like the Doc and Russell and losing Forster then I don''t hld a lot of hope for next season. Don''t get me wrong I am definetely not a doom monger and have full respect for Lambert but I think replacing Russell with Crofts is a massive backwards step and I honestly hope this isn''t true. I guess I was just hoping for links better than average league one players as we need major improvements on the team and I feel that Lambert has to look through leagues other than League One or Two to sign some real quality players to add to the squad.

[/quote]

I am going to agree with Morty here. I remember every summer the pinkun and EDP have linked us with players who never come never to signing. I remember in our Division One winning season Claus Jorgenson (last seen at Fleetwood Town) was persistently linked with us we ended up with Damien Francis instead. However many times have been rumoured to have been signing Shola Amoebi as well in recent close seasons. We have already seen how inaccurate the reporting is in pre season. The report on Forster possibly going to Leeds was pure guesswork today. This was proved by it suggesting Beckford could give Leeds a power bargaining chip in negotiations with Newcastle. However he is available as a free agent and can do whatever he wants. So how can you believe anything the pinkun or the other media have said.

I wouldn''t panic just yet. I for one would have liked Doc to have stayed and I hope Russell will stay. But it wouldn''t be the end of the world. Both have limitations at championship level. Interesting Stoke and Norwich''s surge towards success both came about shortly after Russell left. This obviously doesn''t mean he is a bad player but maybe he isnt good enough to help you break into the top 10. Lets see what Lambert actually brings through the door before we start speculating and jumping to conclusions.

Even then how can you tell with a team will perform. To be honest when Roeder was in charge I thought the likes of Hoolahan, Clingan, Bell, Stefanovic, Kennedy, Bertrand and Lupoli meant we had the makings of a damn good team on paper and we all know how that finished. With the exception of Clingan everyone was bitterly disappointing. Conversely Blackpool look very ordinary on paper but ripped to shreds a Forest which was assembled at greater cost. Some of the football they have played this season has been fantastic. I am concerned like everyone about the recent rumours but all is not lost by any means.

OTBC

[quote user="jed exodous"]Mcdonald has struggled really nana, 5 or 6 goals in 18 months, he gives 100% but i dont think hes built for championship. Holt had played at league 1 level previously and the jury is probably still out on Oli. Decent as an impact sub but few games where hes started hes made an impact. Its is a very big ask for non league players and league 2 players to make the step up. Very few do successfully. Lets wait and see what happens. I reckon we''ll annouce a deal before the end of the month.[/quote]

give him a chance, you cant moan at him too much in the 1st 12 months of his norwich career they didn''t play him becasue they were settling him in. And in the last 6 months he has had about 180 mins of game time and to score 3 goals in this time is rather impressive! He WILL score goals in the championship if given the chance! (bookmark it if you want like wizard gets people to do)

I also like him as he is coming to our - end of season presentation! (im a manager me [;)]

PL seems to keep his cards close to his chest (which is surely the best way when negotiating?) and the media have found it challenging to pre-empt much in the past.

Most paper talk is so off-beam it''s embarrassing.

Best to chill out and wait for some (hopefully) pleasant surprises!