What a total disgrace this is, i am the first to admit i wanted to see mulryne in instead of holt but to stoop to these levels is pathetic. The people who send this mail are so sad and and it is a shame to find out that their are some complete tw@ts out there, they call themselves fans, and as a season ticket holder i am sickened to even be associated with them. 

I agree I was more than happy with the change of personnel, I think it stops us defending quite so deep, but I cannot see what anyone thinks they will achieve by sending this sort of mail.

I am dissapointed that someone who considers themselves a fan has stooped to this level.

I was glad that Holt was rested saturday and I hope Mulryne retains hit place against Birmingham. But this news of him receiving more abuse is disgusting. Although I am not his biggest fan it would never occur to me to treat a player in the yellow and green in this manner, including booing his substitution.

I would also like to say that i think the headline may have blown this issue up out of its true proportion but nevertheless its still not a good thing.

Hate mail is sent by the same mindless tw**s that sing all those homophobic/racist chants... I''m sure Holty tried to his best to read them, but no doubt couldn''t as they were probably not legible and working a type writer requires mental compacity!! if Holty isn''t prepared to reply to them, send them to me people, cos I will!! One of my favorite pastimes is verbally outwitting idiots... 

[quote]I cannot believe fans would slump to the depths of sending hate mail (EEN Headline) to Gary Holt even if it is a handfull of people this sort of behaviour is unacceptable. What price loyalty & co...[/quote]

I believe someone did send hate mail to Holty since you can hear from Canary Call after last 13 games, callers time and time "attacked" what Gary Holt had did wrong to this football club! I really cannot believe it if one player can make us not get a victory for 3 months, not Darren Huckerby!

I would not disagree Holty was not the BEST player, or BEST midfielder in the world, but his work rate and commitment to the team were first class. You did not see many Premiership midfielder can cover nearly everywhere of the pitch when we were under pressure, but he did.

Back the team, back the players, back Gary Holt, this is what a good Norwich City fans had to do.

if the ubiquitous ott criticism of holt i''ve read on this board is anything to go by it would not surprise me if some of this ''hate mail'' emanated from some of the posters on this forum. Of course they won''t admit it ....

[quote]You lot are so over reacting...[/quote]

Phah, sorry pal but maybe in your world you can expect some hate mail but not (in my opinion) in the more civilised world. No-one who gives 100% week in week out deserves that.

If you think it is so normal would you be prepared to post your address here? no? i thought not.

Stop being so primitive and sticking up for morons who post this vile stuff, unless of course you do so yourself?

Upon reading the article in the EEN, its obvious that the alleged perpetrators of this act are NCFC supporters, which is appalling and has brought the name of the club into serious disrepute. Criticising a players performance at the stadium on a saturday or on a forum such as this are perfectly acceptable and normal practices, as long as the criticism is not personalised.

Nobody, footballer or otherwise deserves such treatment, and i hope Holt realises that its not representative of the high regard in which his efforts for the club are held by the majority of city Supporters.

[quote]Re naivety: I meant Jock as in Scottish person, as not unreasonably after Gary Holt jostled, abused and spat at at an airport, by Scotland fans, after a Scotland game, i assumed it might be the same i...[/quote]

Well Charlies Dad, please keep your racism to yourself if you dont mind.

By calling us Jocks, are you not stooping to the same level to the idiots who wrote the letter.

You might think its funny, or a trifling matter, but its offensive.

Have the decency to call us Scots, thanks.

P.S. to the other chap, Killie Pies are fantastic, mind you, our peppered steak slices run them a close second!

I once worked with a Scot called Rory, he insisted that i called him Jock, he took no offence at that, and none was meant. If you want to invite yourself onto other clubs websites and pick fights with the natives, youve got a problem mate.

i haven''t read the article concerning the hate mail to gary holt and don''t intend to - this is not journalism and such ''stories'' belong in the aptly named gutter press of which this nation seemingly cannot get enough of

while i don''t think holt should be in the team i cannot understand the mentality of someone who would wish to try and hurt someone in this way - "hate" mail voicing an opinion on someone''s professional capabilities is somewhat different from "hate" mail with death threats though - and i am sure most of our players have had unpleasant correspondence sent to them in the past - as well as hearing vocal chants and boos while playing

it is not nice to think norwich fans sent these letters, but as normann canary says, it stinks of the mentality of those chanting racist/homophobic abuse - those that do so are not football fans, nor very nice people, but sadly a fact of life - i hope gary is not too worried by these letters and it doesn''t cloud his judgement on the vast majority of city fans who would never stoop to such a level

can the club stop this sort of thing happening, sadly no - the perpetrators of such mail will of course be anonymous

I think Holt will be on the news tonight, saying that there was only 3 or 4 letters that he binned. Having said that i think the people who sent the letters are lower then a snakes belly

[quote]I once worked with a Scot called Rory, he insisted that i called him Jock, he took no offence at that, and none was meant. If you want to invite yourself onto other clubs websites and pick fights with...[/quote]

As far as I can see, having come on here to show support for Holty, the only person I''ve got a person with is you and your racism.

Because one Scottish guy "insisted" you call him Jock, that makes it OK to call a whole nation "Jocks"?

You know its a racist comment. Dont pretend any different, "mate".

[quote]As far as I can see, having come on here to show support for Holty, the only person I''ve got a person with is you and your racism. Because one Scottish guy "insisted" you call him Jock, that makes it...[/quote]

To stick up for Charlies dad I was under the impression that "Jock" was not the most offensive word in the world and was quite commonly used as friendly banter, a little like "Aussies" calling Brits "Poms", which doesn''t offend me.

Maybe I am wrong.

I also think it depends on the context in which it is said.

The same applies for "Taff", like Mark Bowens nickname, and a fairly common nickname for someone Welsh, thats not really racist is it? 

same for "Paddy" I would imagine

Can somebody please explain to me how calling Scottish people Jocks is racist??!! I thought it was just a slang term for Scots? Is there a histroy as to why they''re called Jocks?

I can''t see a problem personally, its like the Welsh being called taffs or the English being called Limey''s or Poms, the Italians Wops, the Americans Yanks or the Germans Crouts - its just slang no offence is meant by it... Don''t be so touchy. I wouldn''t have a problem if someone me a pom or a Limey.

It is not racist killieG.  I too have worked with lots of scotsmen during my time with the RAF and all were nicknamed Jock.  None minded and even put their names down on leave boards, overalls etc, as Jock.  It''s just like Irishmen being nicknamed Paddy, and Welsh as Taffy etc.

Also, we don''t all think you dress in tartan, eat Haggis all day long and wear kilts. (And say och aye the noo).  Can we get back to football now please?  Good luck to Kilmarnock this year by the way and I really hope that the national team pulls themselves round with whoever gets put in charge.

OTBC 

Please enlighten me.

how is calling someone a jock anymore racist than calling someone a geordie, scouser etc.

this ism/phobic debate is descending into farce (with extremes on both sides).

seems to me that everyone needs to join the trappist monks for fear of being branded a ***ist of some sort...or am i being trappistist ?

[quote]Please enlighten me. how is calling someone a jock anymore racist than calling someone a geordie, scouser etc. this ism/phobic debate is descending into farce (with extremes on both sides). seems t...[/quote]

how do you become a trappist monk because I like the way they brew their beer?

Well I''m sure being a carrot-crunching, bog-walking, inbred yokel with a flat cap and a bit of straw in your mouth that can''t read or write but can drive a tractor suits you just fine, Fillet?

No?

Because that''s exactly the same as calling someone a jock or a taff.

To put a cap on it all, calling a Scotsman Jock is offensive.

Well, as far as I''m concerned, or anyone I''ve spoke to is concerned either.

Because some what-ho Edinburgh University educated henry in the RAF doesnt mind being called Jock is no reason to call Scotsmen it.

Anyway, as an interloper, the last thing I want to do is detract from the initial reason for this post, which was to stick up for Gary Holt, hero that he is.

As I''m sure most Kilmarnock fans will agree with me on this one, i''ll say on behalf of our club, best of luck to your club for the rest of the season.  Really hope you turn the corner and stay in the Premiership. 

P.S. See if you can turn Man Utd over when you play them next. That would be a thing of beauty.

P.P.S. Give my regards to Delia.

On an Australian web dictionary this is there definition of a Jock:

Jock - nickname for a Scottish man.    Does that make the whole of Australia racist? 

Upon searching for Jock on google, many Scotish websites come up with Jock as their title.  I thought Jock was just a common name that hundreds of years ago became slang for Scottish man.  It is far from racist and to come on a Norwich City fan site and acuse a member of being racist is a little silly to say the least.

Anyway back to the thing that we are all here for, Holt''s Hate mail.  I have a few points.

1) Criticising a player on a messageboard or face to face with a mate down the pub, is not the same as actually sending him a letter.   If I was in a pub slagging off Gary Holt and he walked in I would be chuffed to bits just to be in the same room as a Norwich City player.  I would be straight up buying him a pint and getting his autograph.  That is the difference between a passionate fan and someone that could stoop to sending a letter to the players homes address.

2)  I bet most professional football players get hundreds of so called hate letters a year.  The press are probably just reporting on this because they know a lot of fans wanted him replaced and now that he has it is easy for the press to try and have a go too.   It has been blown out of proportion.

3)  Someone that could be bothered to write a letter and send it to a player is even more sad than us posters on here.  They probably don''t know much about proper support and probably don''t have many friends.  In my opinion anyone that has time to right letters of complaint about things on TV, radio briadcasts etc. are weird, but that''s just my opion.

4)  It is Nigel that should get the mail in the first place.  Nigel consistantly puts him in the team even though it is obvious to most of us that he is not up to Prem standards.   Holt has done nothing wrong in my opinion, he has tried his best to perform for us and is proud to wear to Yellow and Green.

My conclusion is that this has all been blown out of proportion, no one that regularly posts on here would have done such a thing and those that did send the letters probably don''t really matter to many people anyway.  

i think there''s a slight difference between "carrot-crunching, bog-walking, inbred yokel with a flat cap and a bit of straw in your mouth that can''t read or write but can drive a tractor" and a "jock" and my wife/sister agrees.....

on a lighter note perhaps someone overheard GH had 8mail and came to wrong conclusion....

now where did i put my favourite sugar beet?

[quote]I''m not condoning what people have done, but do you not think that perhaps the papers have sensationalised it a bit by calling it "hate mail". Now as I understand it "hate mail" would include threats ...[/quote]

Well done Meeky you got it dead right,

Holt has just confirmed everything you say on Television !

stevenagefan:

never trust an Aussie dictionary!!

Take it from me, there total bo**ocks!! We''ve got defintions for words that you couldn''t even make Einstien understand!! Infact, Aussies don''t even understand them, and have even more difficulty understanding what they themsleves are talking about half the time!!

So if you''ll all excuse me...

"Struth, I''m feelin bout as dry as a dead dingo''s donga lyin in the nullabor, just gonna neck off me longi, check the snags and bleeters on the hottie, and go an point ol percy at the porcelain..."

Your Honour... I rest my case

I''ve just put a video on for my 3 year old, it''s called "Steady Eddie" an animated tale of the adventures of an Eddie Stobart lorry.

It has a character in it called "Jock the Tanker" who speaks with a Scottish accent.....

"Just thought I''d mention it".......... OTBC ;~)