Sign in to follow this  
Chris.

Bristol Rovers - All Applicants succesfull.

Sorry if this may of been mentioned.

There are more tickets to go on general sale this saturday.

Funny how everyone wants to go to Charlton but Bristol is a different matter! Seems I needn''t have bothered buying in the home end, very surprised this was undersubscribed.

[quote user="s10_yellow"]Funny how everyone wants to go to Charlton but Bristol is a different matter! Seems I needn''t have bothered buying in the home end, very surprised this was undersubscribed.[/quote]I''m assuming many of the people in groups 3 & 4 just didn''t think they''d stand a chance in the ballot so didn''t bother, but seeing as it''s such a long way away and many probably cant make it they would have  been successful after all.

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"][quote user="s10_yellow"]Funny how everyone wants to go to Charlton but Bristol is a different matter! Seems I needn''t have bothered buying in the home end, very surprised this was undersubscribed.[/quote]I''m assuming many of the people in groups 3 & 4 just didn''t think they''d stand a chance in the ballot so didn''t bother, but seeing as it''s such a long way away and many probably cant make it they would have  been successful after all.[/quote]I applied for both. [:)] And got both. Going to be a bit of a trek though, Coach leaving at 8am which means I can''t go to Morrisons and get grub and a fry up. [:''(]

Applied for both.

Thought after missing out on Charlton, I''d have no hope for Bristol Rovers.

Delighted and amazed I got tickets! Slightly perplexed why 5,000 apply for Charlton yet less than 1,800 apply for this.

It can''t just be that people didn''t bother...

[quote user="CanaryJames"]Applied for both.

Thought after missing out on Charlton, I''d have no hope for Bristol Rovers.

Delighted and amazed I got tickets! Slightly perplexed why 5,000 apply for Charlton yet less than 1,800 apply for this.

It can''t just be that people didn''t bother...[/quote]Yeah, well I''m guessing it was due to the extra money (£32 coach to Bristol) and well the extra 5 hours or so on the Coach.

Fair enough. Didn''t know about the price of coach/travel time from Norwich.

5 hour train journey from me down from ''arp North! Booked ages ago so pretty cheap fortunately!

Bank holiday weekend, a lengthy journey, a nothing game (unless we lose on Saturday).

Still, I''ll be one of those enjoying the party at my old stamping ground.

[quote user="Brendo "][quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"][quote user="s10_yellow"]Funny how everyone wants to go to Charlton but Bristol is a different matter! Seems I needn''t have bothered buying in the home end, very surprised this was undersubscribed.[/quote]I''m assuming many of the people in groups 3 & 4 just didn''t think they''d stand a chance in the ballot so didn''t bother, but seeing as it''s such a long way away and many probably cant make it they would have  been successful after all.[/quote]I applied for both. [:)] And got both. Going to be a bit of a trek though, Coach leaving at 8am which means I can''t go to Morrisons and get grub and a fry up. [:''(][/quote]Can you not do your own fry up? Cheaper and better than the ones you get in a supermarket.

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"][quote user="Brendo "][quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"][quote user="s10_yellow"]Funny how everyone wants to go to Charlton but Bristol is a different matter! Seems I needn''t have bothered buying in the home end, very surprised this was undersubscribed.[/quote]I''m assuming many of the people in groups 3 & 4 just didn''t think they''d stand a chance in the ballot so didn''t bother, but seeing as it''s such a long way away and many probably cant make it they would have  been successful after all.[/quote]I applied for both. [:)] And got both. Going to be a bit of a trek though, Coach leaving at 8am which means I can''t go to Morrisons and get grub and a fry up. [:''(][/quote]Can you not do your own fry up? Cheaper and better than the ones you get in a supermarket.[/quote]Spose so. [:)] Well I guess I could try. Yeah I''ll give it a shot. [:)] [Y] Egg, Sausages, Bacon, Fried Bread, Beans. Lushhhhhhhh.

I applied for this too and am very surprised at the lack of applicants (even taking into account the cost and distance; it is our last away game of an almost-certainly title-winning season after all).

Bunch of lightweights [:P]

[quote user="s10_yellow"]Funny how everyone wants to go to Charlton but Bristol is a different matter! Seems I needn''t have bothered buying in the home end, very surprised this was undersubscribed.
[/quote]

Good for you going in the home end at Charlton. I never feel comfortable sitting in the home end at away matches so when my app for an away ticket to the game wasn''t successful I left it. I read somebody on this MB saying that they had succeeded in getting an away ticket for Saturday''s Charlton match and I must admit to being somehwat p''d off - not with him though, the system. I felt that the 1st priority category for away tickets at Charlton should have been those who went to the match last year, unsurprisingly me amongst them, despite the fact that we had been treated to a season of dross and we were going with only the thinnest of threads of hope. Ah well, apparently, I have been successful with my Bristol Rovers app.

[quote user="s10_yellow"]Funny how everyone wants to go to Charlton but Bristol is a different matter! Seems I needn''t have bothered buying in the home end, very surprised this was undersubscribed.
[/quote]

probably some of the cherry pickers who complained about not getting tickets for the ''big'' games vs charlton and Colchester didn''t apply?

Applied for all three. Got tickets for one (Bristol).

Alternatively, maybe it''s the ''cherry pickers'' who applied only for Charlton/Colchester, (as well as avoiding other away games) and WERE successful and before and after those games barely existed...?

I don''t get it??? Why have so few people applied, even with the long journey and cost etc. From a purely selfish point of view I''m kind of hoping that we lose at the weekend and win the title at Bristol :) I really can''t see it happening though. Still Bristol will be my last game of the season, so looking forward to it.

OTBC

[quote user="Alf Tupper"]

[quote user="s10_yellow"]Funny how everyone wants to go to Charlton but Bristol is a different matter! Seems I needn''t have bothered buying in the home end, very surprised this was undersubscribed.[/quote]

Good for you going in the home end at Charlton. I never feel comfortable sitting in the home end at away matches so when my app for an away ticket to the game wasn''t successful I left it. I read somebody on this MB saying that they had succeeded in getting an away ticket for Saturday''s Charlton match and I must admit to being somehwat p''d off - not with him though, the system. I felt that the 1st priority category for away tickets at Charlton should have been those who went to the match last year, unsurprisingly me amongst them, despite the fact that we had been treated to a season of dross and we were going with only the thinnest of threads of hope. Ah well, apparently, I have been successful with my Bristol Rovers app.

[/quote]Nah, I was in the away end at Charlton, successful in group 3 ballot as I was for Colchester. Already bought tickets in home end for Bristol Rovers as I felt certain it would be far oversubscribed as I knew we''d have a much smaller allocation, obviously I was wrong.

[quote user="FilletTheFishWife ."]

[quote user="s10_yellow"]Funny how everyone wants to go to Charlton but Bristol is a different matter! Seems I needn''t have bothered buying in the home end, very surprised this was undersubscribed.[/quote]

probably some of the cherry pickers who complained about not getting tickets for the ''big'' games vs charlton and Colchester didn''t apply?

[/quote]Possibly some people either don''t have money coming out of their earholes, or even if they do they have some kind of life outside of football?As Pete said, the game at Bristol Rovers is likely to be not much more than a meaningless friendly for us now - but for those who do decide to go - hope you have a lovely day!

I''m group 3; and like someone said didnt think i''d stand a chance of getting a ticket. As it is i almost ceretainly cant go.

If there was still something riding on it i''m sure we would still have been able to sell the 1800 at least twice over!

As a Bath resident this is my local game of the season, so delighted I have got a ticket. Also delighted that I managed to get a ticket for Carlisle at home.

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]

Bank holiday weekend, a lengthy journey, a nothing game (unless we lose on Saturday).

Still, I''ll be one of those enjoying the party at my old stamping ground.

[/quote]Ah, but we didn''t know that for sure until the end of the Charlton game, Pete.I''m a little surprised that it wasn''t oversubscribed. I''m sure I read somewhere that originally it was thought we''d only get around 750