Sign in to follow this  
ca

Belated Charton Piccies for you to enjoy

[quote user="IOW Canary"]That is probably the most embarrassing set of pictures of our "Supporters" I think I''ve ever seen. Sometimes the muppetry of my fellow Norwich fans knows no bounds, what with the pathetic wigs and jester hats. Truly, truly excruciating. I''m actually glad I wasn''t at Charlton now.[/quote]

You really are a truly unpleasant individual aren''t you. I''m glad you weren''t either - lowlife. 

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Binner?[/quote]Or one of these ''Hardmen'' who think they are in a firm. [N] Pathetic waste of skin.

[quote user="IOW Canary"]That is probably the most embarrassing set of pictures of our "Supporters" I think I''ve ever seen. Sometimes the muppetry of my fellow Norwich fans knows no bounds, what with the pathetic wigs and jester hats. Truly, truly excruciating. I''m actually glad I wasn''t at Charlton now.[/quote]

I wouldn''t go that far pal, it can be quite cute when the kids dress up in yellow and green wigs and face paint but when you see full grown men and women in silly wigs and jester hats it''s highly cringe worthy.

How embarrassing is the first photo. Adults wearing shirts is bad enough, let alone wigs and jester hats, inbreds.

[quote user="ncfc90"]How embarrassing is the first photo. Adults wearing shirts is bad enough, let alone wigs and jester hats, inbreds.
[/quote]

It''s not my style but each to their own I say [:|]

[quote user="macdougalls perm"]

[quote user="ncfc90"]How embarrassing is the first photo. Adults wearing shirts is bad enough, let alone wigs and jester hats, inbreds.[/quote]

It''s not my style but each to their own I say [:|]

[/quote]I was trying to put into words how I felt, without being cruel, but you have summed it up for me lol.[:)]

[quote user="Wembley_Canary"]

I wouldn''t go that far pal, it can be quite cute when the kids dress up in yellow and green wigs and face paint but when you see full grown men and women in silly wigs and jester hats it''s highly cringe worthy.

[/quote]

Wish I hadn''t bothered putting that picture up now [:@] There were loads of people with wigs on, they were just having a laugh and enjoying their day out, whats so wrong with that?

Some people are too far up their own rear ends to have a laugh and enjoy themselves and don''t like to see others having a laugh and enjoy themselves as a result cityangel.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Wembley_Canary"]

[/quote]

Wish I hadn''t bothered putting that picture up now [:@] There were loads of people with wigs on, they were just having a laugh and enjoying their day out, whats so wrong with that?

[/quote]

There''s nothing wrong with it Angel. I would much rather travel to the game with fans who have gone out to enjoy themselves than with a load of miserable beggars. I have never worn a wig or a jester hat but never say never[:O] And not wearing one doesn''t make me superior in anyway to those that do.

And while we are about it, why is it embarrassing to call canary call with a local accent? Sometimes I wonder about folk on here. If people prefer "fake cockernee" they should move 40 mile down the A140[;)]

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Wembley_Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Nothing wrong with fans enjoying their day out Dianne, I just find grown men and women who wear silly wigs at football a tad bit on the cringey side. But as Macdoungall said, each to their own I suppose.

[quote user="ncfc90"]How embarrassing is the first photo. Adults wearing shirts is bad enough, let alone wigs and jester hats, inbreds.[/quote]This from the complete twunt who asked if it''s true we need one more point to win the title.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="ncfc90"]How embarrassing is the first photo. Adults wearing shirts is bad enough, let alone wigs and jester hats, inbreds.[/quote]This from the complete twunt who asked if it''s true we need one more point to win the title.[/quote]Oh dear, look up the phrases winding others up, and taking the piss [:)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Wembley_Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

There''s nothing wrong with it Angel. I would much rather travel to the game with fans who have gone out to enjoy themselves than with a load of miserable beggars. I have never worn a wig or a jester hat but never say never[:O] And not wearing one doesn''t make me superior in anyway to those that do.

And while we are about it, why is it embarrassing to call canary call with a local accent? Sometimes I wonder about folk on here. If people prefer "fake cockernee" they should move 40 mile down the A140[;)]

[/quote]

"I have never worn a wig or a jester hat" says Nutty but he has been seen brandishing a bog brush while running around shouting " two little ducks quack quack"

[quote user="IOW Canary"]That is probably the most embarrassing set of pictures of our "Supporters" I think I''ve ever seen. Sometimes the muppetry of my fellow Norwich fans knows no bounds, what with the pathetic wigs and jester hats. Truly, truly excruciating. I''m actually glad I wasn''t at Charlton now.[/quote]Sounds a bit harsh, but its true i''m afraid

Well to be happy to mercilessly slag off and insult people for merely going to a game of football to support their team in the manner they see fit from the safety of your keyboard, I can only conclude that

(a)  Some of you didn''t get a ticket for Charlton and are bitter about it

(b)  You''re very insecure about yourselves

(c)  You''re on a wind-up

(d)  You''re just old-fashioned nasty pieces of work

(e)  All of the above

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]

Well to be happy to mercilessly slag off and insult people for merely going to a game of football to support their team in the manner they see fit from the safety of your keyboard, I can only conclude that

(e)  All of the above

[/quote]

I would go for option (e) but with the emphasis on (b) and (d) myself. Can''t honestly see why anyone is so bothered about how other people choose to enjoy themselves.  

[quote user="macdougalls perm"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"]

(e)  All of the above

[/quote]

I would go for option (e) but with the emphasis on (b) and (d) myself. Can''t honestly see why anyone is so bothered about how other people choose to enjoy themselves.  

[/quote]

I can''t believe that anyone should feel that going to support their team should be in any way an enjoyable experience. There is death and pestilence in the world, the economy is screwed and the weather''s not very good. With all of that going on how very DARE people dress up and go out to enjoy themselves at a football match?

Christ , people will be cracking jokes next[:@]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]

(e)  All of the above

[/quote]Well in that case Graham I assume your one of those posters who doesn''t resort to insults about the "opinionated" Canary Callers from the safety of your own home?....http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/forums/1637864/ShowPost.aspx  Ohhh [:O]Double standards?

I''m certain that GH doesn''t need me to stand up for him but that''s not the same thing at all. There is a world of difference between basing an opinion on how someone looks and basing an opinion on what they say. ''judge'', ''book'', ''cover'' and all that. You seem intelligent enough to realise that WC [;)]

Not to mention that there isn''t any comparison between the language he used and the vitriolic unpleasantness that that t*** IOW canary regularly spouts. A world of difference. 

I don''t think his comments were just aimed at IOW Macdoungall.I accept that there is a difference between insulting someones appearance to insulting someone for their view/review on something, and IOW did go a bit over the top but I still firmly believe those silly wigs and jester hats are embarrassing and unnecessary, they might do wonders for our country bumpkin reputation in the same way that some of our daft canary callers do. Yet it seems perfectly fine to call someone a retard or worse for having an opinion/view on canary call, but any negative comments about people wearing those silly wigs is keybaord warrior like. [:|]

[quote user="Wembley_Canary"]I don''t think his comments were just aimed at IOW Macdoungall.[/quote]
Of course not and not just at those in this thread either.  I''m not naming anybody though.  However it seems like my comments have hit a nerve with you.
[quote]I accept that there is a difference between insulting someones appearance to insulting someone for their view/review on something, and IOW did go a bit over the top but I still firmly believe those silly wigs and jester hats are embarrassing and unnecessary, they might do wonders for our country bumpkin reputation in the same way that some of our daft canary callers do. Yet it seems perfectly fine to call someone a retard or worse for having an opinion/view on canary call, but any negative comments about people wearing those silly wigs is keybaord warrior like. [:|]
[/quote]

Well for starters my comments on that thread were aimed at some amazingly stupid people who think it was all the supporters'' fault we did badly last year.  Those sort of comments are fair game as far as I''m concerned.  Want to baselessly slag off a large group of people?  Fine but you have to take it as well as dish it out and this is a similar thing.  And it goes a bit further than negative comments doesn''t it?  "Inbred", "Window lickers", "Infesting our club", "Embarrassing" etc.  Is there really any need to be so unpleasant to people whose only crime is to go and watch their football team in the way they want to do it?  They haven''t hurt anybody, or said anything untoward - they may not even post on here.  CA posted, in good faith, a load of photos she took Saturday because she thought people might enjoy them.  I don''t think she posted them so a bunch of innocent people can be ridiculed by total cowards who clearly get their kicks mercilessly insulting people for what they look like.

We have support that is the envy of a lot of clubs in this country and all some of us want to do is criticise those that are dedicated enough to do it.  Wearing yellow and green wigs, or facepaint isn''t really my thing either, but for some people it is and that doesn''t bother me in the slightest.  And there is no reason why it should bother anyone else to the extent where they are making some pretty damning judgements about them.  The worst thing is this is slowly becoming a bit of a theme with a group of people on this forum and I''m really fed up with reading it.

I second that whole post Graham. Well said mate.

And I''d add that those who are embarrassed by our local accents should probably move. We are Norwich and Norfolk people how do you expect us to talk?

I''m proud of our city, our county, our football club and it''s fans.