Sign in to follow this  
Heresyourfathersgun

Who said we wouldn't miss Hoolahan?

Lack of spark today. McNamee was ineffectual, a general lack of ideas. Holt trying too hard and talked himself into the book. MKD happy to smother us and get a lucky break and cling on. Happy to foul their way out of the game - 9 yellow cards and 1 red!! Their keeper was MoM.

How many more poor refs do we get to see?

City lost the intiative by not getting on the front foot immediately after conceding.It all looks a bit tired at the moment but the pressure at the end and the spark from the sending off shows we have more than enough to see it through. All we have is a run of bad luck to get rid of. Frustrating but keep the faith.

Lets hope he''s back for Tuesday, especially with Holt out. Somebody said today that he''s possibly out for the rest of the season though???

Hoolahan would have made no difference today, MK were out with the intention of kicking us off the park. Had the ref done his job properly we''d have been 1-1 against 9 men and ended up massacreing them. Absolutely terrible officials AGAIN, never asserted himself and failed to get control of the game until it was far, far too late. Another game lost by poor refereeing.

I was then gonna come in and have the same rant!No movement, not keeping the ball effectively and no cutting edge. Badly missing the little man, who many think isnt a good player!Im not gonna say anymore as i think i would single the "clueless" posters out.

was not that bothered he didnt play today. as someone earlier said he would have been kicked off the park today and risked serious injury as Ince would have targeted him from the start. worth pointing out though that even without him we could have been 4 up after 15 mins

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]Hoolahan would have made no difference today, MK were out with the intention of kicking us off the park. Had the ref done his job properly we''d have been 1-1 against 9 men and ended up massacreing them. Absolutely terrible officials AGAIN, never asserted himself and failed to get control of the game until it was far, far too late. Another game lost by poor refereeing.
[/quote]

Firstly - of course Hoolahan would have made a difference, don''t be silly. He links up the play for us, particularly with the front two. You''re always going to miss a player with that much ability.

Secondly - the ref was abysmal, did us no favours at all but we had the chances to score and we didn''t take them so we have to accept our responsibility for not winning the game as well.

[quote user="morty"]Rumours he''s going to miss the rest of the season.[:(][/quote]Would be a hell of a miss, however I think we''d still win the league, even with Holt missing two now [:@]. I honestly hope someone offers some alright cash for him in the summer so we can play a decent formation.

I believe jas the barclay boy said we wouldn''t miss wes as he isn''t even that good and mcnamee would be fine to replace. I did correct him and appears I was right.

I disagree that we missed him today. We had plenty of chances to with the game. We could have won 3,4,5-1. There keeper was brilliant today.

[quote user="Duffman"]I believe jas the barclay boy said we wouldn''t miss wes as he isn''t even that good and mcnamee would be fine to replace. I did correct him and appears I was right.[/quote]If true, good luck getting him to admit to it... [;)]

[quote user="Heresyourfathersgun"]

Lack of spark today. McNamee was ineffectual, a general lack of ideas. Holt trying too hard and talked himself into the book. MKD happy to smother us and get a lucky break and cling on. Happy to foul their way out of the game - 9 yellow cards and 1 red!! Their keeper was MoM.

How many more poor refs do we get to see?

City lost the intiative by not getting on the front foot immediately after conceding.It all looks a bit tired at the moment but the pressure at the end and the spark from the sending off shows we have more than enough to see it through. All we have is a run of bad luck to get rid of. Frustrating but keep the faith.

[/quote]

We have really missed Hoolahan. However for me though the last 2 games have also shown why the diamond formation has been a masterstroke this season because Lambert has successfully hidden the shortcomings of all our midfielders.

1. He has obviously found a way of allowing Hoolahan to wander with little defensive responsbility.

2. Lappin works hard for the team and posseses decent ability on the ball however he is not a winger as he will never beat his man nor is he strong enough to play in a 2 man midfield. So that position on the left hand side of the diamond suits him perfectly.

3. Rusty''s distribution has been pretty abysmal of late however he is combative and good at breaking up play. So again the holding role in the diamond suits him as he is not required to play particularly expansive passes which are required in a 4-4-2 system.

4. Korey I think is the most complete player of the lot but is just showing signs of tiredness at the moment. I think in the current 4-4-2 system he and Russell tend to end up on top of each other in the sense that they are effectively trying to perform the same defensive role for the team.

So all in all yes we are missing Hoolahan. But equally I think the other midfielders are just as uncomfortable playing in a 4-4-2. Including McNamee who is being played out of position at the moment.