Sign in to follow this  
Smudger

CAFC... what a bunch of idiots!

Ah yes Tilly. But if I hadn''t made reference to nCIsA I would never have found out about the possibility of away day travel[:O]

Will us window lickers be welcome[:P]

[;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Ah yes Tilly. But if I hadn''t made reference to nCIsA I would never have found out about the possibility of away day travel[:O]

Will us window lickers be welcome[:P]

[;)]

[/quote]

What the devil are you talking about now,away day travel has not been mentioned at any NCISA Committee meetings,is not on the agenda for our next meeting nor have we received any requests to do so.

Oh i see someone has mentioned it on here so it must be true hey?

Oh well.. cabbage it is then[;)]

The point I was making was that even in a season where we are "top of the league and ''avin'' a laugh" nCIsA seem to be there for people who still want to moan about something. That''s not a reflection on yourselves but that, unfortunately, is how many see it. How many fans mention nCIsA on here unless they are complaining about something? As I also said, I feel sorry about you having that image because the nCIsA friends I have are enjoying this season.

[quote user="Smudger"]Honestly Morty and EM, must you behave like Carrow Road is nerd central? Even some Charlton fans are saying that their club should have made more of an effort to give us more tickets.

I have stated to Morty that I would give my seat up and sit on Delia''s lap if it generated £50-100k for the club.

You saying about fans being moved from block E in the Barclay is ludicrous anyway. Nobody has asked Charlton to move their fans out of their North or West stands (their two main stands) have they? It has simply been stated that they are stupid for not moving a few hundred season ticket holders from a stand which holds 6,000 to cash in having 6,000 plus Norwich fans there.

For a club that was in a serious financial mess not so long ago, surely that is getting the basics right?[/quote]Have to say I agree with the posters who think Charlton are doing the right thing here.Crucially Charlton need the points more than we do. Apart from having to shift loyal home fans to accommodate us, they would then have to put up with a much noisier away following which, in theory, should benefit the visiting team.Of course Charlton, like everyone else in this Division, needs extra cash. So, despite all the posturing, don''t be too surprised that if you turn up on the day with some readies and a non- Norfolk postcode they''ll let you in........

The assumption has been that dear old Smudger was unsuccessful in Group 3 with his application but don''t you have to be a season ticket holder with no stubs or a member with 10 stubs? Now i stand to be corrected but is his little hissy fit with NCFC,CAFC and several posters a bit rich for someone i suspect is neither a season ticket holder or member.

Nutty....

I didn''t mean for it to read that ncisa are doing away travel etc....

But meant it as a suggestion to things that it could do to get people onboard and to be seen in a different light.

Not just an association that is purely there for the moaners.

I think it could be popular, esp after seeing peoples thoughts on club cabbage on here!

The point I was making was that even in a season where we are "top of the league and ''avin'' a laugh" nCIsA seem to be there for people who still want to moan about something. That''s not a reflection on yourselves but that, unfortunately, is how many see it. How many fans mention nCIsA on here unless they are complaining about something? As I also said, I feel sorry about you having that image because the nCIsA friends I have are enjoying this season.[/quote]

There''s a difference between moaning and raising concerns Nutty. As for not  praising ncisa, think you''ll find thats happened in many threads over the years, when they organised the St Andrews hall meeting, when they have rasised money through their canary challenge for the academy, when they have organised the popular fans forums, when they are represented at open day, them giving up their free time  and I could go on. Guess people only remember  the moaning/concerns side of NCISA issues and forget all the positive posts about them.

cusdp - I know what you meant mate and I was just having a bit of fun with Tilly who only last night was giving me stick about being a window licker on cabbage! You gave him his big chance to come to my rescue and he has failed me[;)] So cabbage it is for ever more[:''(]

To be fair I sense that you understood my reference to NCISA more than anyone. It''s not personal, it''s not about me not understanding the good things they do, it''s about how the image is seen on here. Despite Angels words to the contrary the positive things that NCISA do are not highlighted much on here. But as soon as someone has a gripe or issue with the club they are on here calling for NCISA to get involved. Let me give you another example - Last season amidst our relegation heartache and despair everyone was looking towards NCISA to get involved and help find a way to get their feelings of dissatisfaction to the club. I thought did really well in organising the meeting at St Andrews Hall which gave many of us the chance to let our feelings be known. But now this season we are once again enjoying our football and it looks like we will return to the Championship at the first attempt. But we don''t see thread after thread asking for NCISA to organise a celebration. It just seems to me that fans only turn to them when they have something to moan about.

Just to clear up any misunderstandings, The reason why NCISA is not for me, and I have told Tilly and Kathy this before, is that I don''t believe in "them and us". For me the club and the fans are always on the same side. I don''t want to be part of an independent supporters group because I believe supporters are part of the club. But in no way is that a criticism of individuals who are part of NCISA, in fact the opposite is true because Tilly and Kathy always give me their support on the free bet both on here and at our pickers meets.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

The point I was making was that even in a season where we are "top of the league and ''avin'' a laugh" nCIsA seem to be there for people who still want to moan about something. That''s not a reflection on yourselves but that, unfortunately, is how many see it. How many fans mention nCIsA on here unless they are complaining about something? As I also said, I feel sorry about you having that image because the nCIsA friends I have are enjoying this season.[/quote]

There''s a difference between moaning and raising concerns Nutty. As for not  praising ncisa, think you''ll find thats happened in many threads over the years, when they organised the St Andrews hall meeting, when they have rasised money through their canary challenge for the academy, when they have organised the popular fans forums, when they are represented at open day, them giving up their free time  and I could go on. Guess people only remember  the moaning/concerns side of NCISA issues and forget all the positive posts about them.

[/quote]

Angel, this post reads like NCISA is a trade union representing the fans at the club. I see us all as on the same side. If you seriously believe that there are so many positive posts try putting NCISA in the search box for a wake up call.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

The assumption has been that dear old Smudger was unsuccessful in Group 3 with his application but don''t you have to be a season ticket holder with no stubs or a member with 10 stubs? Now i stand to be corrected but is his little hissy fit with NCFC,CAFC and several posters a bit rich for someone i suspect is neither a season ticket holder or member.

[/quote]Assumptions Tilly, as us football fans know only too well, are dangerous things....To be fair to Smudger nowhere in this thread has he actually said that he''s applied through NCFC for a ticket. His intention seems to be to blag it through the gate on the day unless a ticket miraculously appears on the horizon in the meantime.Bearing in mind his comments on here pre-Lambert, I think we can safely assume that Smudger isn''t a a season ticket holder, member and most definitely not the holder of ten pieces of gold dust, aka away ticket stubs......

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

Assumptions Tilly, as us football fans know only too well, are dangerous things....

To be fair to Smudger nowhere in this thread has he actually said that he''s applied through NCFC for a ticket. His intention seems to be to blag it through the gate on the day unless a ticket miraculously appears on the horizon in the meantime.

Bearing in mind his comments on here pre-Lambert, I think we can safely assume that Smudger isn''t a a season ticket holder, member and most definitely not the holder of ten pieces of gold dust, aka away ticket stubs......
[/quote]

Smudgers 1st post on the "Any info on Charlton Tickets" suggests he had applied Smithy.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="Smudger"]Honestly Morty and EM, must you behave like Carrow Road is nerd central?[/quote]Sorry, I didn''t realise that applying logic and sensible reason to a situation was nerdy.  Since you''re the expert on social nuances, I''ll bow to your superior wisdom...[quote user="Smudger"] I would give my seat up and sit on Delia''s lap if it generated £50-100k for the club. [/quote]That would be worth the admission price alone, frankly... now if only I could get hold of a ticket, but it seems all those Charlton fans have taken over the Jarrold...[/quote]Back on point EM... you were harldy applyiung logic by comparing Charlton''s East Stand to the ''E'' block in our Barclay were you?A few hundred season ticket holders in a stand which is usually more than half empty for most games as opposed to the most popular area of Carrow Road in a stadium which is crammed to the rafters for most games and which has close on 20,000 season ticket holders.An equal comparison would be if we had approx only 1,000 fans in our River End week in week out surely?

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Indeed Angel. And that''s why I won''t join nCIsA.

[/quote]

So what do they need to do for you to join them Nutty ? They represent their members, they are the only voice we have between us and the club, they organise lots of forums which people like to go to, they give up lots of their free time to raise our concerns and they all care passionately about the club.

What is it about them you don''t like?

[/quote]He doesn''t like Tilly''s shirts CA... and what''s more Tilly doesn''t like Nutty''s either! [;)]

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[quote user="Smudger"]Honestly Morty and EM, must you behave like Carrow Road is nerd central? Even some Charlton fans are saying that their club should have made more of an effort to give us more tickets. I have stated to Morty that I would give my seat up and sit on Delia''s lap if it generated £50-100k for the club. You saying about fans being moved from block E in the Barclay is ludicrous anyway. Nobody has asked Charlton to move their fans out of their North or West stands (their two main stands) have they? It has simply been stated that they are stupid for not moving a few hundred season ticket holders from a stand which holds 6,000 to cash in having 6,000 plus Norwich fans there. For a club that was in a serious financial mess not so long ago, surely that is getting the basics right?[/quote]

First Wizard would PAY £50k to sit on Delia''s lap and I think it is safe to say he would pay £100k for Delia to sit on his[:O]

[/quote]Oh dear oh dear... as long as I don''t have to watch??? [H]

The point I was making was that even in a season where we are "top of the league and ''avin'' a laugh" nCIsA seem to be there for people who still want to moan about something. That''s not a reflection on yourselves but that, unfortunately, is how many see it. How many fans mention nCIsA on here unless they are complaining about something? As I also said, I feel sorry about you having that image because the nCIsA friends I have are enjoying this season.

[/quote]I have heard whispers from the younger ones on the committee that they would like something to be arranged with regards to away day travel at least once or twice per season.  Making a bit of a day or a weekend of it rather than the there and back in time for your cocoa as offered with Club Canary.  I guess these plans have to be raised and voted on etc though so maybe we might hear something by the time the 2011/12 season kicks off???

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]Where have I had a hissy fit with NCFC Tilly?  I have clearly stated at the beginning of this thread that I accept I was unsuccessful in the ballot (many people will have been both unsuccessful like me and successful too who have bent the rules).As for CAFC, do you still feel that they can get anywhere close to selling 27,000 tickets for Saturdays game?

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

Where have I had a hissy fit with NCFC Tilly?  I have clearly stated at the beginning of this thread that I accept I was unsuccessful in the ballot (many people will have been both unsuccessful like me and successful too who have bent the rules).

As for CAFC, do you still feel that they can get anywhere close to selling 27,000 tickets for Saturdays game?
[/quote]

In the other thread "Any info on Charlton Tickets" you make reference to dark forces at work in the ticket office with regard to the ballot.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

Where have I had a hissy fit with NCFC Tilly?  I have clearly stated at the beginning of this thread that I accept I was unsuccessful in the ballot (many people will have been both unsuccessful like me and successful too who have bent the rules).

As for CAFC, do you still feel that they can get anywhere close to selling 27,000 tickets for Saturdays game?
[/quote]

In the other thread "Any info on Charlton Tickets" you make reference to dark forces at work in the ticket office with regard to the ballot.

[/quote]

Smudger is obviously far too busy with his 14 posts in an hour on the Simon Lappin thread to answer!!!!!!

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]Where have I had a hissy fit with NCFC Tilly?  I have clearly stated at the beginning of this thread that I accept I was unsuccessful in the ballot (many people will have been both unsuccessful like me and successful too who have bent the rules).As for CAFC, do you still feel that they can get anywhere close to selling 27,000 tickets for Saturdays game?[/quote]

[/quote]We all know that they are though Tilly.I was not blaming that on me not getting a ticket however.  If it may of come across that way then I am sorry for misleading you.  The only gripe I have is with the board of CAFC over this ticketing affair and perhaps that we did not push hard enough for extra tickets.  I still think it is ridiculous that we are likely to have 6,000 to 7,000 empty seats come Saturday.I guess us trouble makers who sneak in to the home ends (should we wish) will be the ones to blame for any unrest though should it happen?

[quote user="Smudger"]
I guess us trouble makers who sneak in to the home ends (should we wish) will be the ones to blame for any unrest though should it happen?
[/quote]

Don''t tell me you''re likely to get another "smack in the gob" Smudge ......

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Smudger"]I guess us trouble makers who sneak in to the home ends (should we wish) will be the ones to blame for any unrest though should it happen?[/quote]

[/quote]Well... I still haven''t heard from the plod regarding the first one... [;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Smudger"]
I guess us trouble makers who sneak in to the home ends (should we wish) will be the ones to blame for any unrest though should it happen?
[/quote]

[/quote]

Jeezzuss let''s hope not else that will up his post count by about 150.Still at least the Metropolitan Police and CAFC will have his pearls of wisdom on safety issues to benefit from.If he gets thrown out early enough he can pop into their ticket office and sort their box office manager out as well and tell him how he/she should ticket their future games.

Not being funny Smudger but you haven''t been going to games for years because of your hate of our board and now we''ve started winning again (with the same board that you said you would never support or line the pockets of) you decide in true glory hunter fashion that you want to come to games again, well get to the back of the que where you should be! behind people that have stuck by their club through the good times and the bad

[quote user="Delias Devonshire Dirtbox"]Not being funny Smudger but you haven''t been going to games for years because of your hate of our board and now we''ve started winning again (with the same board that you said you would never support or line the pockets of) you decide in true glory hunter fashion that you want to come to games again, well get to the back of the que where you should be! behind people that have stuck by their club through the good times and the bad[/quote]Blimey, lol![:D]

[quote user="Delias Devonshire Dirtbox"]Not being funny Smudger but you haven''t been going to games for years because of your hate of our board and now we''ve started winning again (with the same board that you said you would never support or line the pockets of) you decide in true glory hunter fashion that you want to come to games again, well get to the back of the que where you should be! behind people that have stuck by their club through the good times and the bad[/quote]Seconded [:)]