Sign in to follow this  
Smudger

CAFC... what a bunch of idiots!

[quote user="gary "]You would not be happy to move and I suspect there would not be one fan who would be

Charlton are arrogant because they still believe they are Premier League standard , but NCFC fans are also arrogant to expect other clubs to provide whatever tickets they want , is this game more important than the Charlton game last year when I believe we were allocated a similar number of tickets and a beam back was organised - as it is this year - is it more important than Fulham away , where we were allocated 3,000 and had access to more because Fulham have no fans - is it more important than Colchester away where we were allocated one end and no more ( I know people had ways round it )

We should stop coming over hard done by , if we were in the champoionship away at say Blackpool or Scunthorpe how many tickets would we get , nowhere near enough to meet the demand ,[/quote]I don''t mean to be rude but you are coming across like a bit of a moron now Gary.  Blackpool and Scunthorpe pretty much fill their grounds apart from the away allocation they give to all fans, Charlton are likely to have 7,000 empty seats -  a big difference I am sure you will agree?Even many Charlton fans are agreeing with me that we should of been given more tickets http://www.charltonlife.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=33637&page=1#Item_0

They can play hardball all they like Tangy, but by hook or by crook I shall be there.As some of the Charlton fans point out in the thread which I have posted a link to above - the problem that they have now is that they will have many of us dotted all around the ground - something which they will find very difficult to police.I am sure that there are many Charlton fans out there who are prepared to do City fans a favour if it means that they get their beer money for the day or the cost of a ticket for one of their play-off matches???

We could easily sell 7 thousand tickets for Charlton, but you have to remember, from Charltons point of view, they are still gunning for second place, why would they want the Valley to be swarmed with Norwich fans, giving the Norwich team an advantage? I''ve fortunately got tickets for the match, but thats because I''ve been to about 12 away games this year, so I''ve earnt that right, but a lot of people who have applied for a ticket, probably haven''t even been to an away game this year, so in my opinion probably don''t deserve a ticket. I couldn''t get to Colchester away, yet saw loads of people on here saying that that was there first away game of the season, really annoyed me as i''d been to about 8 by then, but never mind. 

That''s just it really. I''d imagine a significant amount of group 3 people will have their first away game of the season next Saturday.

Kick in the teeth having been to the likes of Stockport, Oldham, Huddersfield, Swindon, Millwall, Charlton (last season), etc and not quite making 10...

[quote user="ellis206"]We could easily sell 7 thousand tickets for Charlton, but you have to remember, from Charltons point of view, they are still gunning for second place, why would they want the Valley to be swarmed with Norwich fans, giving the Norwich team an advantage? I''ve fortunately got tickets for the match, but thats because I''ve been to about 12 away games this year, so I''ve earnt that right, but a lot of people who have applied for a ticket, probably haven''t even been to an away game this year, so in my opinion probably don''t deserve a ticket. I couldn''t get to Colchester away, yet saw loads of people on here saying that that was there first away game of the season, really annoyed me as i''d been to about 8 by then, but never mind.  [/quote]I agree that it is their right to not allocate any more tickets mate, but why issue all the guff they have done about security and upsetting the few season ticket holders they may have in the East Stand?It is clear to see that there are many stupid fans (both NCFC and CAFC) who will fall for such guff - but it is obvious that the CAFC board of directors made this decision because they did not want this match to be turned in to a near home match for NCFC as they believe that they can still go up in 2nd place.Surely even then though if they had of marketed the match in a decent way they could of had a near 27,000 sell out as opposed to 20,000?

[quote user="ellis206"] I couldn''t get to Colchester away, yet saw loads of people on here saying that that was there first away game of the season, really annoyed me as i''d been to about 8 by then, but never mind. 
[/quote]

Likewise it must be annoying for those who were loyal at the start of the season and going to away games at distant places such as Exeter, Carlisle, Hartlepool etc. not to get a ticket for the Colchester away game.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="ellis206"] I couldn''t get to Colchester away, yet saw loads of people on here saying that that was there first away game of the season, really annoyed me as i''d been to about 8 by then, but never mind.  [/quote]

Likewise it must be annoying for those who were loyal at the start of the season and going to away games at distant places such as Exeter, Carlisle, Hartlepool etc. not to get a ticket for the Colchester away game.

[/quote]Ahh poor Tangy... did you not get one either mate???Looks like you will have to settle for the beam back with the rest of the numb nuts then, or alternatively join us unwashed rabble going down ticketless on the day?Tut. tut, tut... whatever will that do for Norwich City''s nice little family club image???

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Title chasing CT "][quote user="City penguin"]aslong as you havent got an NR postcode home tickets will be easy to get hold off.[/quote]I''ve got a Cambs post code. Surely they require you to a) be a member of the red card club and to have a purchase history ?[/quote]I have not called them myself as yet CT but I am pretty sure from what I have heard that this is going to be the case.I really can''t see why they just don''t allocate us more, it is ridiculous.Let''s assume that they get a crowd of 20,000 against us.  By allocating us just another 3,000 tickets (which would leave plenty of room for segregation and taking away any additional policing costs) they would be likely to make in excess of £100,000 additional profit.Instead it seems that Charlton would prefer to turn away this additional revenue to leave approx 7,000 seats empty.  Unless CAFC revue this decision then I hope they stay down and rot in this league for a very long time![/quote]

Smudger, whilst I agree with your sentiments, as somebody who cant get a ticket myself.... I have to question your maths.

How much is an adult ticket? £23?

Assuming that all 3000 supporters were adults, which of course they wont be....

£23 x 3000 = £69000

Lets assume that each fan buys a pie for £3 and a pint for £3

£6 x 3000 = £18000

Absolute max £88000

Take away probably 1000 concessionary discounts, those who take a packed lunch, and those who get there at five to three and have no time for a beer.....

And £65000 would probably still be too high...

Its never easy to attract fans so it defies logic to purposely cut of the opportunity to get a bigger crowd!

I know of a friend who was down in Reading recently and on a whim him and his mate decided they wanted to go and watch Reading play. Despite a crowd of only 16,000 they were refused entry because they were not members and were not allowed to buy membership cards on the day!

If we wern''t filling our ground and we were playing a team who wanted extra tickets then I''d have no problem with them having extra as the income would be beneficial to Norwich!

Thank god our clubs ticket policy is based on common sense, which goes a long way, which is why we get good crowds even when we are doing cr*P!

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="ellis206"] I couldn''t get to Colchester away, yet saw loads of people on here saying that that was there first away game of the season, really annoyed me as i''d been to about 8 by then, but never mind. 
[/quote]

[/quote]

Ahh poor Tangy... did you not get one either mate???

Looks like you will have to settle for the beam back with the rest of the numb nuts then, or alternatively join us unwashed rabble going down ticketless on the day?

Tut. tut, tut... whatever will that do for Norwich City''s nice little family club image???
[/quote]

Can''t be bothered with a beam back.

[quote user="Smudger"]Also it is not a police decision as I believe their East Stand holds 6,000 and so it would of been the ideal solution to of housed us in there.

It boils down to CAFC not wanting to move a couple of thousand (tops) season ticket holders in that stand so that they could make approx £150k in extra revenue.

Therefore I hope that CAFC run in to the severe financial problems they had not so many years ago and the supporters who think along the lines of "why should I move for the oppositions fans" are happy with a team struggling at the foot of the 3rd tier and heading for the 4th.  Maybe when they have 14,000 empty seats as opposed to 7,000 they will start to think a bit differently???
[/quote]

When you next revue your spelling mistakes in a post perhaps you could take note of the above recurring one highlighted in red.

[quote user="Wings of a sparrow"]

[quote user="Smudger"]Also it is not a police decision as I believe their East Stand holds 6,000 and so it would of been the ideal solution to of housed us in there.It boils down to CAFC not wanting to move a couple of thousand (tops) season ticket holders in that stand so that they could make approx £150k in extra revenue.Therefore I hope that CAFC run in to the severe financial problems they had not so many years ago and the supporters who think along the lines of "why should I move for the oppositions fans" are happy with a team struggling at the foot of the 3rd tier and heading for the 4th.  Maybe when they have 14,000 empty seats as opposed to 7,000 they will start to think a bit differently???[/quote]

When you next revue your spelling mistakes in a post perhaps you could take note of the above recurring one highlighted in red.

[/quote]Not really in a position to criticise are you mate? [:P]

Whilst I applaud that you have been able to follow the team away a lot this season, is it really right that people who have only been to one or two away games ''don''t deserve tickets'' for this one, there are numerous reasons why people can''t travel all round the country week after week, does this make them any less of a supporter?

[quote user="Rivvo"]Whilst I applaud that you have been able to follow the team away a lot this season, is it really right that people who have only been to one or two away games ''don''t deserve tickets'' for this one, there are numerous reasons why people can''t travel all round the country week after week, does this make them any less of a supporter?[/quote]

don''t know what happened there, that was supposed to be a quoting ellis!

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Title chasing CT "][quote user="City penguin"]aslong as you havent got an NR postcode home tickets will be easy to get hold off.[/quote]

I''ve got a Cambs post code. Surely they require you to a) be a member of the red card club and to have a purchase history ?
[/quote]

I have not called them myself as yet CT but I am pretty sure from what I have heard that this is going to be the case.

I really can''t see why they just don''t allocate us more, it is ridiculous.

Let''s assume that they get a crowd of 20,000 against us.  By allocating us just another 3,000 tickets (which would leave plenty of room for segregation and taking away any additional policing costs) they would be likely to make in excess of £100,000 additional profit.

Instead it seems that Charlton would prefer to turn away this additional revenue to leave approx 7,000 seats empty. 

Unless CAFC revue this decision then I hope they stay down and rot in this league for a very long time!
[/quote]

Au contraire CT! - I was merely quoting -at least Smudge picked this one up though!

Anyway back on topic.

I don''t know what all the pant-wetting is about. At the end of the day it''s down to Charlton who will have taken police advice. Imagine if it was us in their position, I''m sure we would do much the same not wanting to upset our regular support.

Charlton are probably thinking who the f*** are we to tell them what to do.

[quote user="Rivvo"]Whilst I applaud that you have been able to follow the team away a lot this season, is it really right that people who have only been to one or two away games ''don''t deserve tickets'' for this one, there are numerous reasons why people can''t travel all round the country week after week, does this make them any less of a supporter?[/quote]I never said it makes them less of a supporter, but surely people who have followed the team on the road more are more worthy of tickets than someone who hasn''t been to an away game all season? obviously ideally everyone would get tickets, but thats not possible!

[/quote]

[/quote]

Tangie, surely someone who is committed enough to go to Exeter, Carlisle and Hartleppol in a few weeks would have managed ten Championship games in all of last season and be in Group Two anyway?

If an away fan wanted me 2 buy a ticket 4 them i would (as long as they were friendly and that)- just hoping they''ll do the same for me

[quote user="TheNewBoy"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Title chasing CT "][quote user="City penguin"]aslong as you havent got an NR postcode home tickets will be easy to get hold off.[/quote]I''ve got a Cambs post code. Surely they require you to a) be a member of the red card club and to have a purchase history ?[/quote]I have not called them myself as yet CT but I am pretty sure from what I have heard that this is going to be the case.I really can''t see why they just don''t allocate us more, it is ridiculous.Let''s assume that they get a crowd of 20,000 against us.  By allocating us just another 3,000 tickets (which would leave plenty of room for segregation and taking away any additional policing costs) they would be likely to make in excess of £100,000 additional profit.Instead it seems that Charlton would prefer to turn away this additional revenue to leave approx 7,000 seats empty.  Unless CAFC revue this decision then I hope they stay down and rot in this league for a very long time![/quote]

Smudger, whilst I agree with your sentiments, as somebody who cant get a ticket myself.... I have to question your maths.

How much is an adult ticket? £23?

Assuming that all 3000 supporters were adults, which of course they wont be....

£23 x 3000 = £69000

Lets assume that each fan buys a pie for £3 and a pint for £3

£6 x 3000 = £18000

Absolute max £88000

Take away probably 1000 concessionary discounts, those who take a packed lunch, and those who get there at five to three and have no time for a beer.....

And £65000 would probably still be too high...[/quote]I based it on £25 per ticket, but would agree that it would be likely to be under £100k.

[quote user="Wings of a sparrow"]

Anyway back on topic.

I don''t know what all the pant-wetting is about. At the end of the day it''s down to Charlton who will have taken police advice. Imagine if it was us in their position, I''m sure we would do much the same not wanting to upset our regular support.

Charlton are probably thinking who the f*** are we to tell them what to do.

[/quote]My oh my, what a numb nuts you are.  I am sure that McNally would listen to you and another 999 prats like you if the whole of our Jarrold Stand was empty apart from you and a few occasional ticket purchasers if he wanted to let 6,000 away fans in and our ground was only one third full.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="TheNewBoy"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Title chasing CT "][quote user="City penguin"]aslong as you havent got an NR postcode home tickets will be easy to get hold off.[/quote]

I''ve got a Cambs post code. Surely they require you to a) be a member of the red card club and to have a purchase history ?
[/quote]

I have not called them myself as yet CT but I am pretty sure from what I have heard that this is going to be the case.

Let''s assume that they get a crowd of 20,000 against us.  By allocating us just another 3,000 tickets (which would leave plenty of room for segregation and taking away any additional policing costs) they would be likely to make in excess of £100,000 additional profit.

Instead it seems that Charlton would prefer to turn away this additional revenue to leave approx 7,000 seats empty. 

Unless CAFC revue this decision then I hope they stay down and rot in this league for a very long time!
[/quote] Smudger, whilst I agree with your sentiments, as somebody who cant get a ticket myself.... I have to question your maths. How much is an adult ticket? £23? Assuming that all 3000 supporters were adults, which of course they wont be.... £23 x 3000 = £69000 Lets assume that each fan buys a pie for £3 and a pint for £3 £6 x 3000 = £18000 Absolute max £88000 Take away probably 1000 concessionary discounts, those who take a packed lunch, and those who get there at five to three and have no time for a beer..... And £65000 would probably still be too high...[/quote]

I based it on £25 per ticket, but would agree that it would be likely to be under £100k.
[/quote]

It''s interesting, the Charlton fans actually seem to agree with us, I was looking at CharltonLife- their message board- and loads of them have been pointing out the money which is effectively being thrown away. Some have aso pointed out the fact that in the pat Charlton AFC has been able to cope with an allocation of 6000 fans for cup games- so why couldn''t they do it for a league game? The only one main difference between what we think and they think is that they believe extra ticket sales would only account for about 30k after taxes have been deducted etc.

[quote user="freddyf105"]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="TheNewBoy"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Title chasing CT "][quote user="City penguin"]aslong as you havent got an NR postcode home tickets will be easy to get hold off.[/quote]I''ve got a Cambs post code. Surely they require you to a) be a member of the red card club and to have a purchase history ?[/quote]I have not called them myself as yet CT but I am pretty sure from what I have heard that this is going to be the case.I really can''t see why they just don''t allocate us more, it is ridiculous.Let''s assume that they get a crowd of 20,000 against us.  By allocating us just another 3,000 tickets (which would leave plenty of room for segregation and taking away any additional policing costs) they would be likely to make in excess of £100,000 additional profit.Instead it seems that Charlton would prefer to turn away this additional revenue to leave approx 7,000 seats empty.  Unless CAFC revue this decision then I hope they stay down and rot in this league for a very long time![/quote] Smudger, whilst I agree with your sentiments, as somebody who cant get a ticket myself.... I have to question your maths. How much is an adult ticket? £23? Assuming that all 3000 supporters were adults, which of course they wont be.... £23 x 3000 = £69000 Lets assume that each fan buys a pie for £3 and a pint for £3 £6 x 3000 = £18000 Absolute max £88000 Take away probably 1000 concessionary discounts, those who take a packed lunch, and those who get there at five to three and have no time for a beer..... And £65000 would probably still be too high...[/quote]I based it on £25 per ticket, but would agree that it would be likely to be under £100k.[/quote]

It''s interesting, the Charlton fans actually seem to agree with us, I was looking at CharltonLife- their message board- and loads of them have been pointing out the money which is effectively being thrown away. Some have aso pointed out the fact that in the pat Charlton AFC has been able to cope with an allocation of 6000 fans for cup games- so why couldn''t they do it for a league game? The only one main difference between what we think and they think is that they believe extra ticket sales would only account for about 30k after taxes have been deducted etc.

[/quote]Yes I know mate, I posted the link to Charlton Life Forum on here earlier.One of their fans was even suggesting that while they were at this level they should not even sell season tickets in their East Stand and instead use it for casual supporters or away fans only.  He suggested that they maybe give these fans a voucher for the club shop or a couple of free tickets to some cup games or something as a courtesy gesture to go with them moving their seats tlo a better part of the ground.This is the really irritating thing.  Charlton directors are making out that they could not move some of their season ticket holders or that they had safety issues with having us share the East Stand with home support.  Charlton fans are not stupid and neither are we (well most of us anyhow).  It is obvious to see that the Charlton board made this decision as they do not want additional Norwich fans at the Valley for what they consider could be a vital game in them keeping in touch with Swindon, Millwall and Leeds for a possible automatic promotion spot.  The majority of the Charlton fans are not silly enough to know that there will now be many Norwich fans dotted around the Valley on April 17th and I for one think that the Football League should be putting more pressure on clubs who try to refuse entry to away fans who want to watch the game when their ground has tholusands of empty seats in it.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="freddyf105"]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="TheNewBoy"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Title chasing CT "][quote user="City penguin"]aslong as you havent got an NR postcode home tickets will be easy to get hold off.[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote] Smudger, whilst I agree with your sentiments, as somebody who cant get a ticket myself.... I have to question your maths. How much is an adult ticket? £23? Assuming that all 3000 supporters were adults, which of course they wont be.... £23 x 3000 = £69000 Lets assume that each fan buys a pie for £3 and a pint for £3 £6 x 3000 = £18000 Absolute max £88000 Take away probably 1000 concessionary discounts, those who take a packed lunch, and those who get there at five to three and have no time for a beer..... And £65000 would probably still be too high...[/quote]

I based it on £25 per ticket, but would agree that it would be likely to be under £100k.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes I know mate, I posted the link to Charlton Life Forum on here earlier.

One of their fans was even suggesting that while they were at this level they should not even sell season tickets in their East Stand and instead use it for casual supporters or away fans only.  He suggested that they maybe give these fans a voucher for the club shop or a couple of free tickets to some cup games or something as a courtesy gesture to go with them moving their seats tlo a better part of the ground.

This is the really irritating thing.  Charlton directors are making out that they could not move some of their season ticket holders or that they had safety issues with having us share the East Stand with home support.  Charlton fans are not stupid and neither are we (well most of us anyhow).  It is obvious to see that the Charlton board made this decision as they do not want additional Norwich fans at the Valley for what they consider could be a vital game in them keeping in touch with Swindon, Millwall and Leeds for a possible automatic promotion spot.  The majority of the Charlton fans are not silly enough to know that there will now be many Norwich fans dotted around the Valley on April 17th and I for one think that the Football League should be putting more pressure on clubs who try to refuse entry to away fans who want to watch the game when their ground has tholusands of empty seats in it.
[/quote]

I''d happily take 1000 or so of their seats and stick them in Carrow road, I''m sure we''d find a better use tfor them than gathering cobwebs  :P

Some of the quotes from Charlton fans on there read as

follows…

*I suspect there will be a fair few Norwich fans in the home

end this year, there was quite a few in A Block of the East on last day last

year but they got kicked out after 10 mins. Needless to say they won''t be as

problematic as Milwall but still expect more than 3000 Norwich fans.

*we should give them half the east stand

*Agreed. Norwich aren''t

exactly Millwall, Cardiff or Leeds

so i''m pretty sure we could accommodate an extra 2k in the east. An extra 50k

in our bank account plus whatever they''d spend in the ground. And at least that

way we could police/steward it whereas now we''ll have them dotted about all

over the ground.

*(I think this one may have been from a Millwall fan) Chris

- wouldn''t having 5,000 carrot crunchers in your ground all on a piss up,

celebrating being champions, rubbing your noses in it, making more noise than

you whilst you are desperate for a win to carry on fighting for automatic, etc

be too much to take?

*Some things are more important than an extra £50k, and having 2k more

opposition fans in the ground giving them a bigger advantage when my team need

the win isn''t something I''d be happy with!

*why sell STs in that part of the East anymore - could move

the few renewers and give them a £15 club shop voucher and a couple of free cup

game tickets as a gesture of goodwill (assuming we get a couple of home cup

games!)

*we accomodated 6000 orient supporters a few years back.

what''s not workable now that was then?

*Pretty sure Yeovil had part of the east when we played them

in the cup as well

*And Leciester!

*Also Wycombe in the cup.

*spot on, be bad enough 3,000 of them celebrating winning

the league without giving them even more...

What about the Stockport away game?

We''ll make you sit in the open behind one goal and you have to pray it doesn''t rain.

While the larger covered stand alongside the pitch had a few people in it.

[/quote]Surely you had your brolly with you mate, or was that the week after Carlisle???

Agreed absoloutely Smudge - only concern I have is so many people agreeing with one of your posts.

Could try writing to Mr Simon Lappin see if he has a spare family /friends ticket you could have