Sign in to follow this  
freddyf105

Adeyemi

Recently I''ve seen alot of talk about midfield options with Rusty and Smith perhaps not playing at their best recently. I was just wondering what happened to Tom Adeyemi? I know he made a few appearences for us earlier on in the season; and the times I saw him I thought he was a very good young, creative player. Anyone know whats happened to him?

He looked very good in the pre-season friendlies but Lambert seems to prefer Smith''s honest work ethic.  A shame as I think Adeyemi could become our Steven Gerrard, though hopefully without the crap haircut and barroom fighting.

Surprised we haven''t seen him used as a sub a little bit more, he''s quick and strong, and seems to have pretty good technique, would like to see him coming on for the last 25 mins of games a bit more then feature semi-regularly next season

He has very good vision and is a good passer of the ball. Very young as we all know and I think needs more time to develop, I  thought his confidence had dipped a bit before he lost  favour with Lambert. I think he needs  very carefull management and am not sure that the cauldron which is  likely to develop during our remaining games will be right for him.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]He looked very good in the pre-season friendlies but Lambert seems to prefer Smith''s honest work ethic.  A shame as I think Adeyemi could become our Steven Gerrard, though hopefully without the crap haircut and barroom fighting.[/quote]Is that partly on the basis of the lanky''ish'' esque movement they both have Chops?

Oh, and if any of you ever wondered whether Tom Adeyemi could eat a whole orange, here you have your answer...

[quote user="Big Bad John "][quote user="Mister Chops"]He looked very good in the pre-season friendlies but Lambert seems to prefer Smith''s honest work ethic.  A shame as I think Adeyemi could become our Steven Gerrard, though hopefully without the crap haircut and barroom fighting.[/quote]Is that partly on the basis of the lanky''ish'' esque movement they both have Chops?[/quote]It was more the box-to-box energy levels, command of midfield and decent long range shooting, to be honest.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Big Bad John "][quote user="Mister Chops"]He looked very good in the pre-season friendlies but Lambert seems to prefer Smith''s honest work ethic.  A shame as I think Adeyemi could become our Steven Gerrard, though hopefully without the crap haircut and barroom fighting.
[/quote]

Is that partly on the basis of the lanky''ish'' esque movement they both have Chops?

[/quote]

It was more the box-to-box energy levels, command of midfield and decent long range shooting, to be honest.
[/quote]

Ha ha

Regardless of his age and getting awards, Adeyemi isn''t good enough which is why he isn''t figuring!

I don''t think that his age and the award means diddysquit cause if he was that good he''d be doing what the much better Korey Smith is doing at the moment. Too much of a stroller and too lightweight to be do any good at the moment. This was proved in the home game when he played in the 1st half of the Huddersfield game. He looked hopelessly out of his depth which was undermining the teams efforts and was replaced by Hughes and the team looked much better when they ripped Huddersfield to bits in the 2nd half!

Don''t get me wrong, I hope that the lad comes good and does Norwich City proud, we had all this "god hes going to be good when hes older" mullarky with messrs Ryan Jarvis, Henderson and others who in the end didn''t come through!

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]Regardless of his age and getting awards, Adeyemi isn''t good enough which is why he isn''t figuring! I don''t think that his age and the award means diddysquit cause if he was that good he''d be doing what the much better Korey Smith is doing at the moment. Too much of a stroller and too lightweight to be do any good at the moment. This was proved in the home game when he played in the 1st half of the Huddersfield game. He looked hopelessly out of his depth which was undermining the teams efforts and was replaced by Hughes and the team looked much better when they ripped Huddersfield to bits in the 2nd half! Don''t get me wrong, I hope that the lad comes good and does Norwich City proud, we had all this "god hes going to be good when hes older" mullarky with messrs Ryan Jarvis, Henderson and others who in the end didn''t come through![/quote]

He is a very good player but he is young and needs looking after to get the best from him. It looks from your comment as if you are prepard to right a player off at the age of 18 when he  has been an excellent youth player and has fantastic potential. Maybe that`s not  what you meant thats the way it looked to me!

Not writing Adeyemi of at all and like I said in my post I hope hes goes on to make the grade and do the club proud!

But people think that just cause hes 18 and played for the 1st team that its nailed on that he''ll make the grade with us which is way wide of the mark1

Unless Adeyemi improves then he''ll not make the grade, simple as!

I''ve seen so many players get a chance early on, fans go overboard and eventually don''t make it.

If Adeyemi was that good then he''d of figured more!

Isn''t Kris Renton our youngest ever 1st team player?

Hes now playing Scottish non league football - this backs up what I''m saying!

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]Not writing Adeyemi of at all and like I said in my post I hope hes goes on to make the grade and do the club proud! But people think that just cause hes 18 and played for the 1st team that its nailed on that he''ll make the grade with us which is way wide of the mark1 Unless Adeyemi improves then he''ll not make the grade, simple as! I''ve seen so many players get a chance early on, fans go overboard and eventually don''t make it. If Adeyemi was that good then he''d of figured more! Isn''t Kris Renton our youngest ever 1st team player? Hes now playing Scottish non league football - this backs up what I''m saying![/quote]

I never said he could just make the grade for us- but I think with such indecision surrounding midfield options (especially amongst the fan)he deserves a look in- especially as I think he''d work well in the diamond in place of Hoolahan, something that was not tried before. I he doesn''t work, he doesn''t work but it''s hardly fair to not even consider him given how well I thought he played for a few matches.

He will improve cos he`s not shown anywhere near what he is capable of yet. How much better he will get at senior football nobody knows, it will take time and good management to get the best out of him and then we will see. I like you hope he goes on to  make the grade and do the club proud, my bet is he will. 

Yep, I think it''s still too early for him. Very promising prospect though and he seems to have a very good attitude

If he''s good enough he should play!! simple as!!

i reckon he should be sitting on the bench at least

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"] Isn''t Kris Renton our youngest ever 1st team player? Hes now playing Scottish non league football - this backs up what I''m saying![/quote] If he didn''t suffer that awful injury i reckon it would''ve been a different story though.

Agreed, I think Adeyemi has got a lot more going for him than Renton did. But youth players (in general) are quite often overrated.

Adeyemi has definitely got a chance at doing something but the Huddersfield game showed him to be a bit out of his depth at the moment.

The manager has shown with Smith and Martin that if the younger players are up to it then they''ll earn their chance and their place in the team.

I remember a few years ago you used to get people saying "Well Ryan Jarvis looked like he was really good but Worthy never gave him a chance" etc etc That was a load of rubbish, he knew he wasn''t good enough for what we needed, that''s why he never managed to establish himself properly. It''s not the case that Worthy just opted to ignore an outstanding talent.

Couple of points here. Don''t know much about the lad but my understanding was that despite being a professional he was still finishing school, so he has A levels etc to do. Maybe he is just focusing on those a bit more at the moment. Very sensible to have something to fall back on.

Secondly the lad recently turned 18. I recall that nobody really knew much about Korey Smith who was the same age that last year. He played on the last day of the season at Charlton did ok. If he has another year to develop like Korey Smith has he could turn into a really fine player. Time will tell though

I think people forget that Tom Adeyemi is a full year younger than Korey Smith when they compare them. I mean, who had heard of Korey this time last year?

Also, last I heard Tom was suffering growing pains, which is quite common for people his age, especially when they''re ''beefing up'' like Tom has been. I think he''s training for next year in that respect. But yeah, he is a really top prospect I feel.

Didn''t he recently win an apprentice of the year award for the football league too?

I''d certainly say he is someone who we could see go on loan or break into the first team set up next season.

He''s a very intelligent lad (Oxbridge material) and this is his A-Level year. To my understanding he is very focussed on his grades and it therefore wouldn''t suprise me if the club were letting him train part-time so he can fully revise etc, therefore he isn''t likely to be 100% fit and available for games. Should be totally available next season though should he decide to focus on a footballing career.