Sign in to follow this  
The Dog

McVeigh

It has been noticable that McVeigh has been on the bench for the last two games having been out in the cold for months. Given that he filled in at left back for the reserves are we about to see him reborn at left back! I hope not as he would get murdered in the air by forwards drifting wide onto him. However Rose has v poor last night so would he be any worse?

[quote user="Henry"][quote user="morty"]Lol, seriously, no.

[/quote]Could it be any worse [:S][/quote]It would be right out of the Roeder book of team selections lol.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Henry"][quote user="morty"]Lol, seriously, no.

[/quote]Could it be any worse [:S][/quote]It would be right out of the Roeder book of team selections lol.[/quote]Fair enough ... i stand corrected [;)]

[quote user="Hit Squad"]Lets not go down the road of playing players out of position.Quite right Roeder did a lot of that, but i think Lambert is to clever to do that[/quote]I disagree he''s been playing Rose at left back. It''s obvious Rose isn''t a left back........

He should be kitman.

are you serious??? McVeigh, is overrated and overweight and hasnt got the passion. He proved that in the premiership and to be honest didnt he. Outclassed and lost his hunger because of it instead of standing proud and doing what he could. No time for him whatsoever

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Wishiwasthere...

do you know what overrated is?

because Mcveigh certainly isn''t......[/quote]Having watched him in the reserves recently then I think he could still have a part to play at this level.Lambert obviously agrees or he wouldn''t be in the squad.

[quote user="Hit Squad"]Lets not go down the road of playing players out of position.Quite right Roeder did a lot of that, but i think Lambert is to clever to do that[/quote]Simon Lappin - Centre Midfield - HELLO! [:$]

[quote user="First Wizard"]McWeight is only here thanks to his mate, chief leech Gunn, he''ll vanish in the summer.[/quote]

Why has he been on the bench then?

From what I''ve heard, he is a popular member of the squad and very good with the young players. I wouldn''t be surprised if he''s kept on the coaching staff.

[quote user="Larry David"]

[quote user="First Wizard"]McWeight is only here thanks to his mate, chief leech Gunn, he''ll vanish in the summer.[/quote]

From what I''ve heard, he is a popular member of the squad and very good with the young players. I wouldn''t be surprised if he''s kept on the coaching staff.

[/quote]Unfortunately opinions based on never actually seeing a player play will usually be pretty inaccurate! I''m sure, like you, he earned his place on the bench, we all know Lambert doesn''t suffer fools gladly!

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Gingerpele"]Wishiwasthere... do you know what overrated is? because Mcveigh certainly isn''t......[/quote]

Having watched him in the reserves recently then I think he could still have a part to play at this level.

Lambert obviously agrees or he wouldn''t be in the squad.
[/quote]

Unless he''s hoping that somebody will take him on loan - so a bit of advertising (i.e., have McVeigh on the bench) might help encourage a loan to happen.

McVeigh - overrated and shouldn''t have been given a contract by Gunn.

If he didn''t do that with Cureton, why would he bother with PMV?

Lambert isn''t the kind of man to do something like that.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Gingerpele"]Wishiwasthere... do you know what overrated is? because Mcveigh certainly isn''t......[/quote]Having watched him in the reserves recently then I think he could still have a part to play at this level.Lambert obviously agrees or he wouldn''t be in the squad.[/quote]

Unless he''s hoping that somebody will take him on loan - so a bit of advertising (i.e., have McVeigh on the bench) might help encourage a loan to happen.

[/quote]Seen him play this season?What do you base your opinion on?He was always only going to be a squad player at best.

It annoys me when someone says in the same post that he is both underrated but then makes reference to his place in our Championship winning and Premiership participating squad...So if he was overrated then... but he''s not playing at League 1 level just how overrated must he have been lmao?

to be honest i would rather see him on the pitch for a few minutes before making judgement on mcveigh .

everyone said dury was past it ,untill he played a few games ..then surprise surprise dury is great .

same for wiggins ,who has been in good form and tudor jones who has been in good form for other clubs .

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Larry David"]

[/quote]

Unfortunately opinions based on never actually seeing a player play will usually be pretty inaccurate! I''m sure, like you, he earned his place on the bench, we all know Lambert doesn''t suffer fools gladly!
[/quote]

I''ve probably seen McFat play more times than you Morty, and in his prime I didn''t rate him then, years later?

And even you were critical of Gunn signing him!

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Larry David"]

[/quote]Unfortunately opinions based on never actually seeing a player play will usually be pretty inaccurate! I''m sure, like you, he earned his place on the bench, we all know Lambert doesn''t suffer fools gladly![/quote]

I''ve probably seen McFat play more times than you Morty, and in his prime I didn''t rate him then, years later?

[/quote]Well I saw him play in the reserves a few weeks ago and I consider him good enough to be a squad player at this level. Lambert clearly agrees with me.Yes I was critical of his signing but the fact that he is still here, and getting in the squad implies that he has something to offer after all, you don''t have the monopoly on changing ones opinion, but at least I am changing mine on something I saw with my own eyes, and not just what I saw someone else post or comment on the radio.He was a great player in his prime, what the hell are you on about?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Gingerpele"]Wishiwasthere... do you know what overrated is? because Mcveigh certainly isn''t......[/quote]

Having watched him in the reserves recently then I think he could still have a part to play at this level.

Lambert obviously agrees or he wouldn''t be in the squad.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Seen him play this season?

What do you base your opinion on?

He was always only going to be a squad player at best.
[/quote]

I have seen him play.

He struggled to get in the Luton matchday squad.

His previous time with us

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Gingerpele"]Wishiwasthere... do you know what overrated is? because Mcveigh certainly isn''t......[/quote]Having watched him in the reserves recently then I think he could still have a part to play at this level.Lambert obviously agrees or he wouldn''t be in the squad.[/quote]

[/quote]Seen him play this season?What do you base your opinion on?He was always only going to be a squad player at best.[/quote]

I have seen him play.

He struggled to get in the Luton matchday squad.

His previous time with us

[/quote]Seen him play when?Lambert obviously doesn''t share your opinion.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Larry David"]

[/quote]

Unfortunately opinions based on never actually seeing a player play will usually be pretty inaccurate! I''m sure, like you, he earned his place on the bench, we all know Lambert doesn''t suffer fools gladly!
[/quote]

[/quote]

Well I saw him play in the reserves a few weeks ago and I consider him good enough to be a squad player at this level. Lambert clearly agrees with me.

[/quote]

Lets see if Lambert gives him a new contract at the end of the season.

My vote is on no.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="morty"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Larry David"]

[/quote]Unfortunately opinions based on never actually seeing a player play will usually be pretty inaccurate! I''m sure, like you, he earned his place on the bench, we all know Lambert doesn''t suffer fools gladly![/quote]

[/quote]Well I saw him play in the reserves a few weeks ago and I consider him good enough to be a squad player at this level. Lambert clearly agrees with me.[/quote]

Lets see if Lambert gives him a new contract at the end of the season.

My vote is on no.

[/quote]I can tell you now that he won''t.You could always answer my question as to when you saw him play to make your judgement on him if you like.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Larry David"]

[/quote]If you seriously mean that, you sir know nothing about football.