Sign in to follow this  
Smudger

Please learn from that Lambert...

[quote user="city till i die"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="city till i die"]yeah rightooooooplay him on saturday he had a good game by the sounds of it, you run on like you where there!! how many times have you actully watched him play?? ive never said we would get cut apart with mcnamee in the team!!!lappins in he team because lamberet see fit!the same as the doc, im just waiting for the doc to put a foot wrong for you to start having a go at him, your pathetic mate!!we still got cut apart tonight, but i wouldnt put that down to lappin!!

[/quote]Yes we got cut apart tonight... strangely enough down Lappin''s side of the pitch!Oh and I already have slated Doherty tonight as he was at fault for the first goal too by all accounts.As for McNamee I have seen him play about 5 times I reckon.  I know it takes people like you years to judge the quality of a good player... some of us see it and some of us don''t![/quote]i see him a few years back, home and away at watford, didnt seem that good, i see him at carrow road , and he was a average, and swindon fans werent excatly bothered when we took him, they seem to be doing ok without him!!

[/quote]We seemed to be doing ok with him tonight and we also done ok with him when he came on at Walsall and Millwall.He was doing ok when he was at Watford as he was a regular in the team that was promoted to the Premiership with them.  Lambert is a big fan and hopefully now McNamee will become a permanent fixture in the team as he is without doubt a quality player at this level!

like you say lamberts a fan, but hes been left out for a reason, and he has came in because of russell red card, if he wasnt sent of do you reckon he would of played tonight?? and funny enough lambert didnt take out lappin!!! tell you something does''nt!!

[quote user="Asobi Seksu"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="lord montyjones"]jesus christ celebrate, enjoy a beer or have a dance but don''t analyse what might have been twenty minutes after, they did win you know.[/quote]Yes and it is your kind of mindless anolgies that led us to being in this rubbish league in the first place.If we listened to the clueless and fans did not call for changes that improved the team then we would still have Gunny as manager and be heading for Div 2.I suppose that would make you happy though as we are only small little Norwich City and as long as we were top of that league and winning games... you could say just smile be happy! [:P][/quote]HA HA this is you best comment of the evening, ha ha I am nearly falling of my chair laughing at YOU! So it is the fans fault we got relegated!! I am happy to be winning becasue I am a football fan and a Norwich fan and we are winnning games so yes I am happy, I am not happy in the league we are in but we are in it so lets get out of it and win it who is to say that we can''t be happy. But my question to you is what will make you happy as a football fan, as it seems to me you don''t have anything else in your life apart from Norwich City. It is just a game of football remember and you are just a little person watching it.[/quote]I am happy now... [:D]Doesn''t mean that I can''t be critical of areas in our team that can be improved upon with what we already have at the clubs disposal.The part of your comment that I have highlighted sums up the difference between you and me my friend... a few words for you winning with PRIDE and PASSION not last gasp winners against the likes Southend United at home... that is what makes me happy as a a football fan... not forgetting the banter amongst fans (both your own and opposing teams).As for my private life, it''s so dreary... I''m off to see Hot Chip in concert tomorrow evening.  What are you up to??? [:|]

[quote user="city till i die"]like you say lamberts a fan, but hes been left out for a reason, and he has came in because of russell red card, if he wasnt sent of do you reckon he would of played tonight?? and funny enough lambert didnt take out lappin!!! tell you something does''nt!!

[/quote]Yeah it tells me that he is bonkers or that he is having an affair with the King of SPAM if he keeps his place in the team on Saturday after the evidence of tonight!

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="city till i die"]like you say lamberts a fan, but hes been left out for a reason, and he has came in because of russell red card, if he wasnt sent of do you reckon he would of played tonight?? and funny enough lambert didnt take out lappin!!! tell you something does''nt!!

[/quote]Yeah it tells me that he is bonkers or that he is having an affair with the King of SPAM if he keeps his place in the team on Saturday after the evidence of tonight! [/quote]

Lappin wasnt so much the issue tonight! when you play 4 4 2 u expect your wing backs to over lap! our 2 gave the ball away, there long balls were poor and they helped to un balance the team!

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="birchfest"]I still think Lappin needs Dury behind him to be able to play well. Lappin is off form...but having the poor Rose behind him is not helping the situation.[/quote]I bet Rose is thinking that having the crap Simon Lappin in front of him is really not helping him too?Just think how good we could be down that side with Drury and McNamee at this level![/quote]smudger you fool why dont you actually read what people write on here. Lappin was central midfield

tonight and trying to cover the left hand side as well as Hoolahan

certainly didnt want to go out there. Lappin was one of the better

players first half, done loads of work of the ball and was the only

midfielder putting tackles in and was better tonight than Holt, C.

Martin, Hughes, Nelson and the worst of all Rose but are you going to

drop them too? FYI when Lappin went off Macca stayed on the right and

chris martin was on the left so you really should try and get along and

watch instead of listening to the radio and in my opinion Doc was the

best player by a mile tonight, dont know who got MOM but it should be

DOC

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="city till i die"]like you say lamberts a fan, but hes been left out for a reason, and he has came in because of russell red card, if he wasnt sent of do you reckon he would of played tonight?? and funny enough lambert didnt take out lappin!!! tell you something does''nt!!

[/quote]Yeah it tells me that he is bonkers or that he is having an affair with the King of SPAM if he keeps his place in the team on Saturday after the evidence of tonight! [/quote]there we go, lamberts bonkers, im sure we  are sitting top of the league with a healthy 3 point gap, and have been on a recored breaking run!! but hay ho what ever you say mate

IMO Hughes & Lapping had a mare tonight, Korey Smith must play Saturday, Hughes isn''t a holding midfielder IMO and we need the energy and bite Korey brings while Rusty is out.

Saturday i''d play -

----------------------Forster-----------------------

Martin--------Doc------------???-----------Rose

----------------------------------------------------

McNamee----Korey---------Hughes---------Wes/Martin

-------------------Holt-------Wes/Martin

Not too sure what the situation is with Askou''s injury, Whitbred''s out for a few more weeks, If Spillanes fit i''d be tempted to play him however. I''ve said Wes/Martin as I can see them interchanging during a game. I see a Korey Hughes Combo working a bit better than Lappin/Smith

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"]It never ceases to amaze me how many people bite when the PU''s own pantomime villain rears his baldy head. Why not just ignore him? It''s dead easy. [:P]
[/quote]

Well said.

[quote user="matt crowhurst"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="birchfest"]I still think Lappin needs Dury behind him to be able to play well. Lappin is off form...but having the poor Rose behind him is not helping the situation.[/quote]I bet Rose is thinking that having the crap Simon Lappin in front of him is really not helping him too?Just think how good we could be down that side with Drury and McNamee at this level![/quote]smudger you fool why dont you actually read what people write on here. Lappin was central midfield

tonight and trying to cover the left hand side as well as Hoolahan

certainly didnt want to go out there. Lappin was one of the better

players first half, done loads of work of the ball and was the only

midfielder putting tackles in and was better tonight than Holt, C.

Martin, Hughes, Nelson and the worst of all Rose but are you going to

drop them too? FYI when Lappin went off Macca stayed on the right and

chris martin was on the left so you really should try and get along and

watch instead of listening to the radio and in my opinion Doc was the

best player by a mile tonight, dont know who got MOM but it should be

DOC[/quote]Oh I am so sorry I can''t get along to them all Sir, I was simply going off the information I had at the time.Why did you not point out sooner that I was talking out of my arse when I was saying that Lappin was playing in front of Rose?  I know you like to see me make a complete tit of myself hey?  Well I don''t need your help on that score thank you very much as I am more than capable of doing that all by myself! [:P]I did see 8 games in a row leading up to Brighton and I will be at Oldham on Saturday, so the good news is that win, lose or draw you will prob hear little from me then!As for the issues regarding Mr Lappin still have not heard anybody confirm that he actually won a tackle tonight.  Are you able to confirm whether he did or did not for me?

We all know that Hoolahan can''t defend at all when played on the wing and is no way near as effective out there as he is behind the front two in the diamond don''t we, so that was a slightly irrational move by Mr Lambert.

Not sure whether McNamee or Oli got man of the match.

Mcnamee got mom, fully deserved and it does ask the question of lambert of how''ll we''ll play on sat. Didn''t think Hoolahan had as bad a game as a lot of people are saying. You couldnt say his was playing left wing as he popped up everywhere, but thats what he does best. However doing this exposed Rose a lot and he just wasnt up to it (didnt help he had no composure on the ball and just booted the ball whenever he got the chance). Can''t see how he can drop mcnamee which means we''ll play 4-4-2 again, and Hools is the best option for left wing we just need Drury back or a better holding midfielder (Russell when hes back, and id say smith or hughes in the meantime)

We SCRAPED victory tonight. When will some of you bellends see that?!!?!!? I don''t mind how we win but even a rose-tinted fan has gotta admit we haven''t looked right since col u. Sort it out lads otherwise we will get our pants pulled down against the goodish teams. We will go up but forgive me for wanting to go up in style!

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="lord montyjones"]you need to learn from lambert smudge and look up the word faith. replicated the results at brighton and walsall in terms of changing 0 points into 3 with belief in the players. tonights turnaround was no fluke mr lambert knows what he is doing ![/quote]Lamberts faith in Lappin did what tonight for Lambert?The score would of remained 1-0 if he stayed on the pitch.  He was anonymous all match and has been anonymous since Christmas.  No surprise that we turned things around once Korey came on and McNamee went in his natural position on the left hand side is it?[/quote]korey smith did not change the game when he come on he looked very tired when he came on after the excellant performance he put in on saturday olly was the difference

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Am I the only one who doesn''t think that Macnamee was "Ronaldoesque?".

Looked lively early on, plenty of step overs, thought Barrett, normally a cb played him well.

How many of maccas crosses went straight into mildenhalls hands?

Let''s not get carries away guys, 442 didn''t look great either.

Smith was the most impressive midfielder and his fellow sub Johnson should have got the champagne!

A win is a win though, I''m delighted![/quote]

Agreed Macnamee doesnt look the answer, he was sussed very quickly and looks lightweight. As for lappin not being able to tackle nor can Rose.

We badly miss Drury and Russel

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="city till i die"]like you say lamberts a fan, but hes been left out for a reason, and he has came in because of russell red card, if he wasnt sent of do you reckon he would of played tonight?? and funny enough lambert didnt take out lappin!!! tell you something does''nt!!

[/quote]

Yeah it tells me that he is bonkers or that he is having an affair with the King of SPAM if he keeps his place in the team on Saturday after the evidence of tonight!
[/quote]

Lappin wasnt so much the issue tonight! when you play 4 4 2 u expect your wing backs to over lap! our 2 gave the ball away, there long balls were poor and they helped to un balance the team!
[/quote]

Wing backs? Oh really...?

Yes. Please learn from that lambert. 

That 442 was a disaster.  We were anonymous in midfield,  with no ball winning capability and were a second rate team.

McNamee looked ok,  not impressive and crossed to no one or the keeper too often,  put in too little defensive effort but at too large a cost to the team,  which was hugely out of shape,  confused as to who should be doing what and against a better sied than, a valiant but lets face it 4th from bottom, southend would have comfortbaly beaten us. 

It was only desperate measures that lead to us mugging southend of the points (one midfielder, 4  defenders, 5 creative players shows the original 442 was more flawed than the diamond it was trying to replace). Olis goals glossed over the worst team performance of the season and how any self serving self promotional fan can come on here to justify one players OK performance as good for the team after that performance is beyond me.

A fantastic win,  a season defining 3 points yes.   But not proof that McNamee starting is good for the team

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Asobi Seksu"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="lord montyjones"]jesus christ celebrate, enjoy a beer or have a dance but don''t analyse what might have been twenty minutes after, they did win you know.[/quote]

Yes and it is your kind of mindless anolgies that led us to being in this rubbish league in the first place.

If we listened to the clueless and fans did not call for changes that improved the team then we would still have Gunny as manager and be heading for Div 2.

I suppose that would make you happy though as we are only small little Norwich City and as long as we were top of that league and winning games... you could say just smile be happy! [:P]
[/quote]

HA HA this is you best comment of the evening, ha ha I am nearly falling of my chair laughing at YOU! So it is the fans fault we got relegated!! I am happy to be winning becasue I am a football fan and a Norwich fan and we are winnning games so yes I am happy, I am not happy in the league we are in but we are in it so lets get out of it and win it who is to say that we can''t be happy. But my question to you is what will make you happy as a football fan, as it seems to me you don''t have anything else in your life apart from Norwich City. It is just a game of football remember and you are just a little person watching it.
[/quote]

I am happy now... [:D]

Doesn''t mean that I can''t be critical of areas in our team that can be improved upon with what we already have at the clubs disposal.

The part of your comment that I have highlighted sums up the difference between you and me my friend... a few words for you winning with PRIDE and PASSION not last gasp winners against the likes Southend United at home... that is what makes me happy as a a football fan... not forgetting the banter amongst fans (both your own and opposing teams).

As for my private life, it''s so dreary... I''m off to see Hot Chip in concert tomorrow evening.  What are you up to??? [:|]
[/quote]

Well done you are going to see Hot Chip at let me case where the worst venue in Great Britain.. The UEA. So you have a decent taste in commercial music. As for myself I live in Brighton were this week I am going to the oldest cinema in Britain to see comedians, Holly Walsh, Rufus Hound and Robert Popper, Also going to see Local Natives and also a Rolling stones tribute night.

So the difference between us is you like to win with pride and passion, well I do not think there is much of a difference because in an ideal world I would love to win every game with pride and passion but we do not live in a idea world. And we are in a league where teams will sit back and defend in numbers and to win those games sometimes in football it sometimes has to be scrappy. If we are losing those games that is when there is problem and at the moment we are not.

I don''t think you can write McNamee off Zipper.I would like to see him replace Lappin on the left on Saturday if it''s an option. I agree with Smudger that Lappin has been fairly poor, maybe not since Christmas, but definitely this month.Regardless of what happens, we cannot leave young Smith out of the side. He added a little grit in the middle when he came on.Also, at the caller on CC last night who said the Doc has come to the end.... What a pillock. I was not surprised he ''didn''t gooo to the gaim tunite Neeeeeeil....''

[quote user="Asobi Seksu"]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Asobi Seksu"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="lord montyjones"]jesus christ celebrate, enjoy a beer or have a dance but don''t analyse what might have been twenty minutes after, they did win you know.[/quote]

Yes and it is your kind of mindless anolgies that led us to being in this rubbish league in the first place.

If we listened to the clueless and fans did not call for changes that improved the team then we would still have Gunny as manager and be heading for Div 2.

I suppose that would make you happy though as we are only small little Norwich City and as long as we were top of that league and winning games... you could say just smile be happy! [:P]
[/quote]

HA HA this is you best comment of the evening, ha ha I am nearly falling of my chair laughing at YOU! So it is the fans fault we got relegated!! I am happy to be winning becasue I am a football fan and a Norwich fan and we are winnning games so yes I am happy, I am not happy in the league we are in but we are in it so lets get out of it and win it who is to say that we can''t be happy. But my question to you is what will make you happy as a football fan, as it seems to me you don''t have anything else in your life apart from Norwich City. It is just a game of football remember and you are just a little person watching it.
[/quote]

I am happy now... [:D]

Doesn''t mean that I can''t be critical of areas in our team that can be improved upon with what we already have at the clubs disposal.

The part of your comment that I have highlighted sums up the difference between you and me my friend... a few words for you winning with PRIDE and PASSION not last gasp winners against the likes Southend United at home... that is what makes me happy as a a football fan... not forgetting the banter amongst fans (both your own and opposing teams).

As for my private life, it''s so dreary... I''m off to see Hot Chip in concert tomorrow evening.  What are you up to??? [:|]
[/quote]

Well done you are going to see Hot Chip at let me case where the worst venue in Great Britain.. The UEA. So you have a decent taste in commercial music. As for myself I live in Brighton were this week I am going to the oldest cinema in Britain to see comedians, Holly Walsh, Rufus Hound and Robert Popper, Also going to see Local Natives and also a Rolling stones tribute night.

So the difference between us is you like to win with pride and passion, well I do not think there is much of a difference because in an ideal world I would love to win every game with pride and passion but we do not live in a idea world. And we are in a league where teams will sit back and defend in numbers and to win those games sometimes in football it sometimes has to be scrappy. If we are losing those games that is when there is problem and at the moment we are not.

[/quote]

Oooooo Asobi....you culture vulture. I wanna be like you! Saying that, im seeing Local Natives soon. What a band!

If Smudge enjoys that, let him enjoy it.

The UEA may be a crap venue granted, but it does seem to get a vast number of good bands playing there to their credit.  The UEA attractsand Norwich as a whole probabably attracts far more musical talent than Brighton does or a lot of places are bigger than Brighton and Norwich joined together even.Brighton obviously has it''s charms and Asobi is also closer to London and all that has to offer also, but he really shouldn''t come across like I am some deluded individual who does not know what a good venue is... I have seen gigs in London, Manchester, Birmingham, Leicester, Leeds, Nottingham.  My fav venues used to be Leeds Town & Country Club (which is no more as far as I know) and De Montfort Hall in Leicester.  Birmingham has a selection of great venues these days though!

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Re Lappin in the centre....ain''t it funny that people don''t read the thread when the answer was on page 3 all along [;)][/quote]I apologise... are you sure he was there though?  Did he actually do anything? [:S]I bet Korey won more tackles after he came on than Lappin and Hughes won together during the entire match?

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="city till i die"]like you say lamberts a fan, but hes been left out for a reason, and he has came in because of russell red card, if he wasnt sent of do you reckon he would of played tonight?? and funny enough lambert didnt take out lappin!!! tell you something does''nt!!

[/quote]Yeah it tells me that he is bonkers or that he is having an affair with the King of SPAM if he keeps his place in the team on Saturday after the evidence of tonight! [/quote]

Lappin wasnt so much the issue tonight! when you play 4 4 2 u expect your wing backs to over lap! our 2 gave the ball away, there long balls were poor and they helped to un balance the team! [/quote]

Wing backs? Oh really...?

[/quote]I was thinking the same thing Mustachio... for once I agree with you... [Y]Surely wing backs that get forwards are required far more in the diamond system or a 3-5-2 than they are in a 4-4-2?

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

That 442 was a disaster.  We were anonymous in midfield,  with no ball winning capability and were a second rate team.

McNamee looked ok,  not impressive and crossed to no one or the keeper too often,  put in too little defensive effort but at too large a cost to the team,  which was hugely out of shape,  confused as to who should be doing what and against a better sied than, a valiant but lets face it 4th from bottom, southend would have comfortbaly beaten us. 

It was only desperate measures that lead to us mugging southend of the points (one midfielder, 4  defenders, 5 creative players shows the original 442 was more flawed than the diamond it was trying to replace). Olis goals glossed over the worst team performance of the season and how any self serving self promotional fan can come on here to justify one players OK performance as good for the team after that performance is beyond me.

A fantastic win,  a season defining 3 points yes.   But not proof that McNamee starting is good for the team

[/quote]

It seems we shouldn''t be thinking that Zipper (Good post btw).

We should be dancing around our handbags.

Well, the way that I, you and some others seem to see it is that if we play like that against several of the teams we are yet to play against we will be taken to the cleaners. And to those of you who think the result is everything, wake up and smell the coffee.

We all want them to go up, hopefully as champions, but the recent performances - including last night - are well below what we have been seeing, and I for one dont want to see us miss the prize.

Not writing McNamee off at all - on another thread I suggested he could play as the free player behind a front two.  The issue last night was not McNamee,  it was the introduction of McNamee in a 442 which also had Hoolahan in it. 

442 is a v successful system so per se 442 is fine.   Just not with the personnel used last night.

"I bet Korey won more tackles after he came on than Lappin and Hughes won together during the entire match?"  Not obviously so - Smith had very little bearing on the game, and was no more effective than Lappin or Hughes. As some people have pointed out he came on looking tired.   By that stage the team were reduced to hitting a 50 yard balls and hoping so the game passed him by as much as the lampooned L&H.  

OJ did make a difference.  

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[/quote]You miss the point... when did I ever claim let''s go for a 4-4-2?  I have said for months that we don''t really have the players - especially when we are carrying an injury or two or suspensions.McNamee should definitely be played and I would favour giving him a run out in Lappin''s usual position on the left point of the diamond.  Although if this is done I would like to see Russell back in front of the back 4 and Korey Smith on the right tip of the diamond.  I believe that Korey is as important as Russell to that diamond formation with his amazing workrate.  It would also be good to see Drury back and Spillane back adding to the options.  I think that Hughes would be best used as a possible replacement for Wes if the need should arise.If we were to play 4-4-2 then I would like to see a midfield of... McNamee - Russell - Smith - Spillane ideally from what we have at the moment.

[quote]Although if this is done I would like to see Russell back in front of

the back 4 and Korey Smith on the right tip of the diamond. [/quote]Sounds nice in theory, but in practice Russell is banned for another 2 matches.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]Although if this is done I would like to see Russell back in front of

the back 4 and Korey Smith on the right tip of the diamond. [/quote]Sounds nice in theory, but in practice Russell is banned for another 2 matches.[/quote]Yes I know blah...For Saturday I would be torn between reverting to the diamond - with McNamee in for Lappin on the left tip of it (but this would depend on the fitness of Spillane as I would play him alongside Korey - maybe recalling Tudor Jones as Morty has suggested on another thread to give us more cover too) or alternatively 4-4-2 with a midfield of McNamee, Smith, Tudor Jones, Hughes with Lappin either starting on the bench or starting in place of McNamee for the first half to first hour (depending on how brave I was feeling on the day).