Sign in to follow this  
pennywise

Dear Jamie cureton

So if you were in the last couple of years of your chosen career ahead of retirement and the company you were working for were paying you rather a lot of  money for not doing a great deal - would you move to get paid a lot less and have to work harder? I know I wouldn''t - lack of self respect or not I have my future to think about. Try looking at it from a professional point of view rather than a fans!

[quote user="Jon Moorhouse"]So if you were in the last couple of years of your chosen career ahead of retirement and the company you were working for were paying you rather a lot of  money for not doing a great deal - would you move to get paid a lot less and have to work harder? I know I wouldn''t - lack of self respect or not I have my future to think about. Try looking at it from a professional point of view rather than a fans![/quote]

he can play else were!! and not sponge of us!

[quote user="Jon Moorhouse"]So if you were in the last couple of years of your chosen career ahead of retirement and the company you were working for were paying you rather a lot of  money for not doing a great deal - would you move to get paid a lot less and have to work harder? I know I wouldn''t - lack of self respect or not I have my future to think about. Try looking at it from a professional point of view rather than a fans![/quote]Yeah but i haven''t been earning £5,000 a week for the past flipping 2 years.

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Jon Moorhouse"]So if you were in the last couple of years of your chosen career ahead of retirement and the company you were working for were paying you rather a lot of  money for not doing a great deal - would you move to get paid a lot less and have to work harder? I know I wouldn''t - lack of self respect or not I have my future to think about. Try looking at it from a professional point of view rather than a fans![/quote]

Yeah but i haven''t been earning £5,000 a week for the past flipping 2 years.
[/quote]

But your career doesn''t finish in your 30''s though does it?

[quote user="Jon Moorhouse"]So if you were in the last couple of years of your chosen career ahead of retirement and the company you were working for were paying you rather a lot of  money for not doing a great deal - would you move to get paid a lot less and have to work harder? I know I wouldn''t - lack of self respect or not I have my future to think about. Try looking at it from a professional point of view rather than a fans![/quote]

Absolutely right.  City entered into a contract with Jamie and should honour it.  Jamie cannot be criticised for taking what was promised to him and what he is due.  No one else would turn down wages so get real.

City made the mistake not Jamie.  We are stuck with his contract unless we buy him out.  If you want to complain blame Grant and Doncaster not Jamie.

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="Jon Moorhouse"]So if you were in the last couple of years of your chosen career ahead of retirement and the company you were working for were paying you rather a lot of  money for not doing a great deal - would you move to get paid a lot less and have to work harder? I know I wouldn''t - lack of self respect or not I have my future to think about. Try looking at it from a professional point of view rather than a fans![/quote]

he can play else were!! and not sponge of us!
[/quote]

Grow up!  This is the real world of business and contracts not the playground and "that''s not fair"

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Jon Moorhouse"]So if you were in the last couple of years of your chosen career ahead of retirement and the company you were working for were paying you rather a lot of  money for not doing a great deal - would you move to get paid a lot less and have to work harder? I know I wouldn''t - lack of self respect or not I have my future to think about. Try looking at it from a professional point of view rather than a fans![/quote]Yeah but i haven''t been earning £5,000 a week for the past flipping 2 years.[/quote]

[/quote]£520,000 in the last 2 years...i think he can probably cope if his career ended now....IF he really wanted to he could get a normal job somewhere down the line...

[quote user="pennywise "]Have some self respect and bugger off..  enoughs enough [:D][/quote]Your post does you no credit pennywise, I understand your feelings, but you''re being a tad blunt.

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Jon Moorhouse"]So if you were in the last couple of years of your chosen career ahead of retirement and the company you were working for were paying you rather a lot of  money for not doing a great deal - would you move to get paid a lot less and have to work harder? I know I wouldn''t - lack of self respect or not I have my future to think about. Try looking at it from a professional point of view rather than a fans![/quote]Yeah but i haven''t been earning £5,000 a week for the past flipping 2 years.[/quote]

[/quote]£520,000 in the last 2 years...i think he can probably cope if his career ended now....IF he really wanted to he could get a normal job somewhere down the line...[/quote]You''re forgetting tax! so it would be realistically 260,000 [;)]

[quote user="pennywise "]Have some self respect and bugger off..  enoughs enough [:D][/quote]

He has a contract until June which should be honoured, you''d be quick enough to moan if he''d been scoring loads of goals and wanted to walk out on us to join another club.

[quote user="Jon Moorhouse"]So if you were in the last couple of years of your chosen career ahead of retirement and the company you were working for were paying you rather a lot of  money for not doing a great deal - would you move to get paid a lot less and have to work harder? I know I wouldn''t - lack of self respect or not I have my future to think about. Try looking at it from a professional point of view rather than a fans![/quote]I agree with that, but then Curo''s set himself up for this by being "a fan", "bleeding yellow and green", "loving the club" and so on and so on.  He''s been linked to at least five clubs on loan but hasn''t gone to any of them, so as far as I can see, he''s only bleeding us dry.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="pennywise "]Have some self respect and bugger off..  enoughs enough [:D][/quote]

He has a contract until June which should be honoured, you''d be quick enough to moan if he''d been scoring loads of goals and wanted to walk out on us to join another club.

[/quote]But, he isn''t. So if he''d kindly stop leeching the club he ''loves'' [:P]

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

Absolutely right.  City entered into a contract with Jamie and should honour it.  Jamie cannot be criticised for taking what was promised to him and what he is due.  No one else would turn down wages so get real.

City made the mistake not Jamie.  We are stuck with his contract unless we buy him out.  If you want to complain blame Grant and Doncaster not Jamie.

[/quote]

In essence, this is what Lambo has said about Jamie Cureton''s situation.

I don''t blame him at all for staying until the end of his contract. When he reaches old age that extra money could make all the difference to him, and it''s not his problem if City have offered him a long contract. Clubs should think long and hard before offering long, expensive contracts to aging and slowing journeymen.  

[quote user="paul moy"]I don''t blame him at all for staying until the end of his contract. When he reaches old age that extra money could make all the difference to him, and it''s not his problem if City have offered him a long contract. Clubs should think long and hard before offering long, expensive contracts to aging and slowing journeymen.  [/quote]I agree, but I think we have learned our lesson now on that one lol!