Sign in to follow this  
CaptnCanary

Radio Norfolk Online???

I recently moved away from Norfolk but thought that I would still be able to listen to live commentary via Radio Norfolk Online. But when I tried to tune in for the last 2 games the service was not available. Does anybody know if this is going to be the case all the time due to contractual reasons? Or is there some way I can listen to commentary on Radio Norfolk from over here in Shropshire? If not, does anyone have any suggestions for following the games that is better than the Pinkun text feed?

Cheers

[quote user="CaptnCanary"]

I recently moved away from Norfolk but thought that I would still be able to listen to live commentary via Radio Norfolk Online. But when I tried to tune in for the last 2 games the service was not available. Does anybody know if this is going to be the case all the time due to contractual reasons? Or is there some way I can listen to commentary on Radio Norfolk from over here in Shropshire? If not, does anyone have any suggestions for following the games that is better than the Pinkun text feed?

Cheers

[/quote]I think it''s to do with CanariesWorld. They get the coverage rights so Norfolk gets nowt! It goes dead during the games. [:(]

It is always like that, the local BBC stations are not allowed to transmit the football out of the immediate area, I''ve not found a way round it yet.

Thanks for the info guys. I don''t suppose you can get Radio Norfolk via some sort of Satellite channel? I checked Freesat which has a lot of BBC radio channels but cant find Norfolk yet. Don''t suppose anybody know how to set up a stream?

I have.My Dad puts his DAB radio on (he still lives in Norfolk whereas I now live in Southampton).We then Skype each other and he leaves the radio blaring down his mic.Sound is great, Skype doesn''t hang u up after 60 mins.Really annoys me that we all pay for a BBC license then they charge me via Canaries World to hear my team on a match day.Well BBC..... you can kiss my a*se cos I can get round it!

You can always tune in around 5.00 pm to listen to the divots on Canary Call.

Except not available tonight.

Yeh i live near Southampton but havent got any way of hearing the match :( Thank god for the live text ticker and most of all that act of god that bought us Norwich vs Colchester !!Well cant complain... moving back to Norwich in 2 weeks and already got my 2010/11 season ticket sorted :)

[quote user="pete"]

[/quote]yup im particularly gutted about that as i wanted a laugh :(

[quote user="Messiah"]I have.My Dad puts his DAB radio on (he still lives in Norfolk whereas I now live in Southampton).We then Skype each other and he leaves the radio blaring down his mic.Sound is great, Skype doesn''t hang u up after 60 mins.Really annoys me that we all pay for a BBC license then they charge me via Canaries World to hear my team on a match day.Well BBC..... you can kiss my a*se cos I can get round it![/quote]Don''t blame the BBC but blame the clubs as they withheld the right to air games over the internet so they could generate extra revenue through their websites. Was part of the collective bargaining that the Football League do with broadcast rights.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="pete"]

[/quote]

yup im particularly gutted about that as i wanted a laugh :(
[/quote]

Laugh away, it''s on now....

all you need to so is logon to the local BBC station of the team we playing on thier website of the radio station doing the commentry as not every club has given the sole web right to XXXX World!hope this helps!

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="Messiah"]I have.My Dad puts his DAB radio on (he still lives in Norfolk whereas I now live in Southampton).We then Skype each other and he leaves the radio blaring down his mic.Sound is great, Skype doesn''t hang u up after 60 mins.Really annoys me that we all pay for a BBC license then they charge me via Canaries World to hear my team on a match day.Well BBC..... you can kiss my a*se cos I can get round it![/quote]Don''t blame the BBC but blame the clubs as they withheld the right to air games over the internet so they could generate extra revenue through their websites. Was part of the collective bargaining that the Football League do with broadcast rights.[/quote]Thanks for that correction.So, to recapReally annoys me that we should have to all pay for a BBC license then they charge me via Canaries World to hear my team on a match day.Well BBCCanaries World,..... you can kiss my a*se cos I can get round it!

Remember if you contribute to Canaries World you can use your ID and password to log in to the site of any football league club get commentaries, comments etc. Find out the opinion of our opponents. Even get the inside news from Ipswich Town