Sign in to follow this  
Asobi Seksu

Brighton Match

I have been a Norwich fan ever since I can remember and had a season ticket from the age of 6, also travelled to most away games. Now 25 I no longer attend matches, as I decided this summer to move to Brighton. So in a way I was quite excited to see Norwich in League one this season just because I can watch an away match in my home town. I have managed to get to a few matches this season London games and the Southampton games. But extremely excited about watching the Brighton match although I will have to set in the home end as the allocation for away fans is 750.

Just interested to see who else will be going and how you are getting down to the match. Also if anyone wants to know of anywhere to have a few beers before the game I will do my best to advise you.

They are taking written applications at moment. Not sure when deadline is but mine was put in a week ago. With 750 there is a fair chance that there might even be a ballot for Priority 2 applicants.

I have no idea when the away tickets go on sale. But yeah 750 is all the away fans get or it was when I went there last as an away fan. But all they have is one small temp stand for the away fans. They are moving to a new 25,000 seat staduim next year which will be quite funny as they never sell out there 8,850 stadium at the moment.

[quote user="Asobi Seksu"]I have no idea when the away tickets go on sale. But yeah 750 is all the away fans get or it was when I went there last as an away fan. But all they have is one small temp stand for the away fans. They are moving to a new 25,000 seat staduim next year which will be quite funny as they never sell out there 8,850 stadium at the moment.[/quote]

You will probably find crowds do increase when Brighton move into a nice new home - I believe that most clubs have found they attract more fans when they improve the facilities.

There are quite a few decent boozers in Brighton, aren''t there? I always liked the "city". It''s a real party town. You do have to be careful that you don''t stray into the wrong pubs, though, if you know what I mean!

Cant see them filling 25,000 though most people in Brighton dont support there local team becasue we are so close to London here most people opt for supporting a bigger team. Plus Brighton is a very cultured city so there is a lot more going on other than football

There are some amazing pubs in Brighton. I really love it here!

With this 25,000 seater stadium, Brighton are obviously planning for the future. Who would have thought that the likes of Reading, Hull, Burnley, Barnsley, Bradford or Stoke would make it to the Premiership? MK Dons'' stadium is too big for them at present (it has 22,000 seats and more seats can be installed to take the capacity up to 30,000), but I think you''ll find it will only just about be big enough if they can make it to the top flight. Fans emerge from their long hibernation when the likes of Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal etc roll into town.

[quote user="a man called horse"]if you cant get a ticket maybe you can put a deckchair in a garden behind one of the goals[/quote]

I wouldn''t mind that, particularly if there were hot and cold running serving wenches, to bring me a constant supply of decent real ales!

I am sponsoring the game, so there will be 20 of us causing having in the "Directors'' Area" - basically different coloured seats in the North Stand.  We do get to sit with Delia though....

[quote user="Asobi Seksu"]

Cant see them filling 25,000 though most people in Brighton dont support there local team becasue we are so close to London here most people opt for supporting a bigger team. Plus Brighton is a very cultured city so there is a lot more going on other than football

There are some amazing pubs in Brighton. I really love it here!

[/quote]

Save it for Facebook pal, boring.

[quote user="Asobi Seksu"]Thats really cool Dicky! Do you have any spare seats?[/quote]

Not at the moment, but can let you know if people drop out.

I''m in exactly the same position as you, have never managed to get tickets when we have visited the Withdean in the last 6 years so i am desperate to make this one.

I''d recommend the grandstand as the rest are awfully exposed!

Think there''s 898 tickets for us, deadline is this saturday, i only expect group 1 and 2 to get tickets and maybe 50-100 in group 3

Well they have not sold out any game this season so I am sure we will get tickets in the home end.. But Norwich are playing Millwall the week before so that is only 50mins on the train so will attend that one.

lived in Brighton when at Uni. London by the Sea. Absolutely cracking place. Was looking forward to going to the game with my son, but 750 tickets? Are you sure this is all we are getting? What a pain.

[quote user="Asobi Seksu"]Well they have not sold out any game this season so I am sure we will get tickets in the home end.. But Norwich are playing Millwall the week before so that is only 50mins on the train so will attend that one.[/quote]

Best get your tickets quick as loads of exiles, particularly London based supporters will go to this one.

[quote user="Big Slob"]Think there''s 898 tickets for us, deadline is this saturday, i only expect group 1 and 2 to get tickets and maybe 50-100 in group 3
[/quote]

Think you won''t be far out with 50 for Group 3