Sign in to follow this  
Boyo

Will the ColU game go ahead?

Just got my tickets today and am really looking forward to it, but I have one concern, the snow.  I live in Lowestoft and it is pretty bad, and apparently it is worse towards Ipswich and Colchester way.  Also snow is forcasted next week as well and I have a big fear the game might end up being called off as they have no undersoil heating.

So, do you reckon it could get called off?  If it did I would be gutted because I go to school and have exams coming up so if it gets put to midweek I probably wouldn''t be able to go!

Let it rain, let it rain, let it rain![:P]

the lack of undersoil heating makes little difference. yours works to -6 our hot air pumping covers work to -4.

the thing most likely to call it off is the surrounding area as its quite exposed and open.

does it?

we have had one home game called off this season and that was because the surrounding area was lethal.

there was one essex cup game off too, but that was an evening game a couple of days ago when all the current weather was fresh with us.

[quote user="eddy melito"]

does it?

we have had one home game called off this season and that was because the surrounding area was lethal.

there was one essex cup game off too, but that was an evening game a couple of days ago when all the current weather was fresh with us.

[/quote]

No let up for the next 10 days, so It has all the hall marks of being called off, but we''ll get the blame for it.

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="eddy melito"]

does it?

[/quote]

No let up for the next 10 days, so It has all the hall marks of being called off, but we''ll get the blame for it.

[/quote]

call it off and play mid week....i would love that!

I work less than a mile from the stadium the companys offices and stores are situated on the corner as you turn into the road that leads directly to the ground, it is very snow and ice bound up there our car park is a nightmare for staff and 40 foot lorries have struggled to make their deliveries at present it does not look good!

I Hope So! [:P] I Go To College In Colchester, So I Might Pay A Visit To Their Stadium And Ask Politely That They Do Whatever Possible To Ensure That The Match Goes Ahead! [;)]

[quote user="birchfest"]If it is re-arranged will there be a chance of it being on Sky?[/quote]

Blimey if it is we will have 8000 tickets as I cant see these part time supporters getting out of their armchairs when they can watch it in the comfort of their homes

the lack of undersoil heating makes little difference. yours works to -6 our hot air pumping covers work to -4.

the thing most likely to call it off is the surrounding area as its quite exposed and open.

[/quote]

Granted it''s close to the fields and countryside but the access shouldn''t be a problem. I live that side of Colchester and we''re getting around no problem at moment. From the A12 or A134, the ground''s a stone''s throw, just a short walk, so the extra road that needs sorting is like sorting the old carrow road bit outside our ground - how hard can that be? It would have to absolutely tip down to make it a problem and last I heard they expect the snow to be much lighter by Monday / Tuesday.  The exposed nature of the ground is why the pitch might not be playable. Last month, Col U were one of the first to call off a game...

Possible scenario:

• Game is called off
  • Norwich resists any re-scheduled date until late April
  • Colchester tanks in form between now and then and drops to 16th place
  • Colchester supporters lose total interest and even season ticket holders cash in prior to that date
  • Only fans attending the game are 1900 Norwich supporters
  • Cowling is forced by public pressure and the Colchester Mayor''s office the to be the only Colchester fan in attendance at the match, required to sit alone in the regular seats
  • Colchester players are highly demoralized as they have not been paid for the past month
  • Norwich wins the game 8-1, and the single Colchester goal is scored by Doherty who had to steal it off his own forwards and race 60 yards back to his own goal before blasting it in past a laughing Forster, who is lying in a horizontal position on top of the crossbar.

Any trace of stigma associated with 2009/2010 season for Norwich is well and truly removed.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

Possible scenario:

• Game is called off
  • Norwich resists any re-scheduled date until late April
  • Colchester tanks in form between now and then and drops to 16th place
  • Colchester supporters lose total interest and even season ticket holders cash in prior to that date
  • Only fans attending the game are 1900 Norwich supporters
  • Cowling is forced by public pressure and the Colchester Mayor''s office the to be the only Colchester fan in attendance at the match, required to sit alone in the regular seats
  • Colchester players are highly demoralized as they have not been paid for the past month
  • Norwich wins the game 8-1, and the single Colchester goal is scored by Doherty who had to steal it off his own forwards and race 60 yards back to his own goal before blasting it in past a laughing Forster, who is lying in a horizontal position on top of the crossbar.

Any trace of stigma associated with 2009/2010 season for Norwich is well and truly removed.

[/quote]That is some dream you had there buddy, hope the alarm did not wake you too suddenly [;)]

[/quote]

Didnt they calll off their game against Carlisle because the car park was like a skating rink?

No, the car park was fine. It was more that the long term forecast was that the snow wasnt going to ease and that Carlisle fans faced one of the longest journeys in the country that day.

Hence an early call-off, which I know you guys probably would have appreciated at Walsall!

ColU could use their Chairman to defrost the pitch and surrounding area with hot air. As for the car parks and footpaths the local environmental health probably test it in 6 inch white stilletoes for walkability.