Sign in to follow this  
dpit

Poll - posts deleted

[quote user="dpit"]

I actually banged out a sentence bemoaning the fact that people on here can''t spell ''lose''. Not big or clever and done on a whim. Wouldn''t even have complained if it was moved to the Ít''s Not Just Football section. But it wasn''t moved...it was deleted....removed. Not because it was racist, offensive or libellous. But because it was (and it was) crap. But that is the point. 95% of what is on here is crap. Granted this crap was in the wrong place. But the issue is not this stupid little post.. the issue is (and here''s a word that will make people spit feathers) is the principle.

[/quote]Ah right, so you thought you were being terribly clever, and assumed that people would love your inciteful thread and it was deleted.It wasn''t football, or even Norwich city related and it was deleted, seems pretty obvious to me!I can''t believe you are spitting your dummy out over something so trivial lol.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="dpit"]

I actually banged out a sentence bemoaning the fact that people on here can''t spell ''lose''. Not big or clever and done on a whim. Wouldn''t even have complained if it was moved to the Ít''s Not Just Football section. But it wasn''t moved...it was deleted....removed. Not because it was racist, offensive or libellous. But because it was (and it was) crap. But that is the point. 95% of what is on here is crap. Granted this crap was in the wrong place. But the issue is not this stupid little post.. the issue is (and here''s a word that will make people spit feathers) is the principle.

[/quote]

Ah right, so you thought you were being terribly clever, and assumed that people would love your inciteful thread and it was deleted.

It wasn''t football, or even Norwich city related and it was deleted, seems pretty obvious to me!

I can''t believe you are spitting your dummy out over something so trivial lol.
[/quote]

Did you actually read my post?

By the way, I''ve just read a post on here entitled "I want to have Lambert''s babies", and I am humbled, so I will shut up form (and I am going out for the afternoon).

By the way, Mr Chops, I''d vote for you.

[quote user="dpit"][quote user="morty"][quote user="dpit"]

[/quote]Ah right, so you thought you were being terribly clever, and assumed that people would love your inciteful thread and it was deleted.It wasn''t football, or even Norwich city related and it was deleted, seems pretty obvious to me!I can''t believe you are spitting your dummy out over something so trivial lol.[/quote]

Did you actually read my post?

[/quote]Yes I did. And if you didn''t actually start the thread yourself have you considered that someone else may have posted something inappropriate in it while you were absent?Seriously, it really isn''t worth all this fuss.[:)]

And there''s no bloddy edit button either!

By the way, I''ve just read a post on here entitled "I want to have Lambert''s babies", and I am humbled, so I will shut up for now(as I am going out for the afternoon).

Oh, Mr Chops, I''d vote for you.

[quote user="dpit"]

By the way, I''ve just read a post on here entitled "I want to have Lambert''s babies", and I am humbled, so I will shut up form (and I am going out for the afternoon).

By the way, Mr Chops, I''d vote for you.

[/quote]Oh dear, is all this really that hard to understand?These boards aren''t monitored 24 hours a day, maybe they haven''t seen Wizard''s (admittedly puerile and quite sick making) thread.

[quote user="dpit"]

As you say, oh dear.  I wasn''t saying it should be deleted.

[/quote]You''re just being silly now, neither did I say it should be deleted. At least by mentioning our manager it is, albeit tenuously, Norwich city related.Anyway, good luck with your campaign for truth and justice, I feel that I have nothing more to add to this debate.[:)]

QUOTE How many people have received on of those chirpy little emails that tells them thy have had had posts deleted for ''no reason given'' (or even apparant)? If someone is breaking the Code of Conduct then by all mean delete away but before you delete on a whim, please think about the implications with regards to censorship.

Interesting thread. It''s happened to me too and genuinely for no good reason that I can think of. I have to agree that I have suspected that when I have had posts deleted it has been on the basis of a whim, or dislike of me as a poster or, dare i say it, because one of the regulars on here, some of whom seem to have very friendly relationships with the so-called moderators, has requested the moderator to delete it because she or he doesn''t like it. A thread

was deleted over the holiday period for no obvious reason but I noticed that one of the regulars sustained a bit of collateral damage(non-abusive) and next thing the thread has gone.

I have had several posts deleted recently with no reason given.  And like you I was probably posting something which probably was a bit c rap.  I did begin to think, have I upset someone?  As I have never really had posts deleted before and also when there are other threads that are c rap and in the wrong section that go on for page after page that are allowed to remain.

For many a month I did only post in the Free Bet thread on here, because of the way the forums were going -constant arguing and name calling, points scoring, people basking in their own purported self importance.  A new thread will start about something Norwich related and within half a dozen posts you can guarantee that it will turn into a "points scoring, name calling, I love me who do you love thread?".  It will go on for page after page, and only occasionally get back on topic - yet never seems to get deleted.

I am not going to loose[;)] sleep over it though.  Archant can pick and choose all day long what they delete and whether they give a reason or not.  It may not make for a great forum, but it is their forum. 

I may well go back to just posting on the free bet thread, with only occassionally dipping in here.  If I don''t like the way the forums are at the moment, no-one is forcing me to stay.

If I owned my own pub I could bar you.  You could jump up and down and stamp your feet, but their is nothing you could do about it.

[quote user="dpit"]

And there''s no bloddy edit button either!

By the way, I''ve just read a post on here entitled "I want to have Lambert''s babies", and I am humbled, so I will shut up for now(as I am going out for the afternoon).

Oh, Mr Chops, I''d vote for you.

[/quote]

Thanks!  I think I''d be a better MP than Charles Clarke, but that''s a bit like saying I''d be a better footballer than Arula Dindane.  Anyway, we can elect a Green MP to Norwich South soon which is exciting.

One of Mister Chops threads disappeared suddenly on Friday night, for no apparent reason, and the incidence seems to have increased recently, but ultimately that''s the prerogative of the mods. I''ve certainly never asked for a post to be deleted, after all, if you can''t stand the heat get out of the kitchen.As for Panic Dem''s point above, I''m not sure that Pete would be too impressed with the suggestion that he''s the puppet of these shady "regulars", a phrase that''s, interestingly, also a favourite of the one and only Bob Franklin. Are they by any chance related? 

I find it funny we''re having this debate on a SUNDAY and expecting the webteam to be about. You might have to wait a bit for an ''official'' reply..

[quote user="AJ"]I find it funny we''re having this debate on a SUNDAY and expecting the webteam to be about. You might have to wait a bit for an ''official'' reply..[/quote]There won''t be one. The rules are there, and if you break them (In their opinion) then action is taken.I doubt that any mods will be interested in debating this lol.

[quote user="dpit"]

How many people have received on of those chirpy little emails that tells them thy have had had posts deleted for ''no reason given'' (or even apparant)? If someone is breaking the Code of Conduct then by all mean delete away but before you delete on a whim, please think about the implications with regards to censorship.

[/quote]

For Pete''s sake live with it......Too many spoilt kids (the result of poor parenting) being allowed to do whatever they want in life and then can''t hack it when they can''t have their own way........

Surprisingly I''ve had more than a few.... I take my medicine and then try not to do it again..(well...not so obviously anyway)......

Get a grip.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

One of Mister Chops threads disappeared suddenly on Friday night, for no apparent reason, and the incidence seems to have increased recently, but ultimately that''s the prerogative of the mods.

[/quote]Are you talking about the Zak Whitbread photo?  I think that was deleted for reasonable reasons...

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Beauseant"]

One of Mister Chops threads disappeared suddenly on Friday night, for no apparent reason, and the incidence seems to have increased recently, but ultimately that''s the prerogative of the mods.

[/quote]Are you talking about the Zak Whitbread photo?  I think that was deleted for reasonable reasons...[/quote]Lol, definitely a fair cop.

[quote user="bluemike"]This is quality reading, ive not laughed so much for ages ![/quote]I have. At your points tally and manager. Merry Christmas [:D]

[quote user="AJ"][quote user="bluemike"]This is quality reading, ive not laughed so much for ages ![/quote]I have. At your points tally and manager. Merry Christmas [:D][/quote]Hahahahahaha!!

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

Are you talking about the Zak Whitbread photo?  I think that was deleted for reasonable reasons...

[/quote]

No, I ,meant the triple Hex one.

[quote user="Cluck the Purist...."][quote user="dpit"]

How many people have received on of those chirpy little emails that tells them thy have had had posts deleted for ''no reason given'' (or even apparant)? If someone is breaking the Code of Conduct then by all mean delete away but before you delete on a whim, please think about the implications with regards to censorship.

[/quote]

For Pete''s sake live with it......Too many spoilt kids (the result of poor parenting) being allowed to do whatever they want in life and then can''t hack it when they can''t have their own way........

Surprisingly I''ve had more than a few.... I take my medicine and then try not to do it again..(well...not so obviously anyway)......

Get a grip.

[/quote]

What do you try not to do again? I repeat, people who post offensive, racist, libellous material should (for very obvious reasons) have their posts deleted. Deletion on the grounds of crapness is not acceptable - at least not on an open message board - because that''s what it is - an open message board. And okay, I accept Archant are technically perfectly within their "rights'''' to delete what they damn well please...but and I say this again....its the principle, dammit, the principle.

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]Are you talking about the Zak Whitbread photo?  I think that was deleted for reasonable reasons...[/quote]

No, I ,meant the triple Hex one.

[/quote]That was deleted out of respect for my dear departed Granddad. [:''(]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="dpit"]

[quote user="morty"]I shall stop quoting as the posts are getting huge.

It is Archant''s message board, owned and operated by them. It is not ours in any way shape or form.

They have rules that they require us to follow if they break their rules they will take action as THEY deem appropriate.

It really is that simple, neither you or I have any say in how they apply their rules.

And before you rant on about it unfair, the ultimate answer is "If you don''t like it, you know where the door is"

[/quote]

Yes, indeed. But you are missing the point. I won''t go through it again. Some ''bigger thinking'' about issues of freedom of speech and use of the internet is needed here. You may be a mod elsewhere but I am not sure how much reading about philosophical issues related to the web you have done. If you like I can PM you a reading list.

[/quote]

No, you are missing my point. You are not nearly as important in all this as you think you are. Its very simple, this is a football forum, if people use it to personally insult other users, deliberately stir up trouble, or just generally be a cock then they will remove the problem.

I suggest you go and stand outside Archant HQ with a big banner and protest about their big brother style control methods, I am sure you shall be joined by thousands of others.
[/quote]

Oh really???

If it suits Archant''s side of the Agenda then sure they will!

They have one set of rules for some and another set of rules for others.  It has always been the way and always will be so I wouldn''t expect that to ever change.

[quote user="morty"]Lol, ok.
[/quote]

I am surprised you didn''t say... lol... ok you utter cock!  [;)]

I am sure that dear old Pete would of approved and I don''t take it personally... I just assume that somebody at Archant  thinks I am one???  Saying that though I am sure that Archant are grateful they have such a big cock regularly posting for them?  Bet they can''t wait until City start being utter plop again and the real Smudger returns?

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="morty"]Lol, ok.[/quote]

I am surprised you didn''t say... lol... ok you utter cock!  [;)]

I am sure that dear old Pete would of approved and I don''t take it personally... I just assume that somebody at Archant  thinks I am one???  Saying that though I am sure that Archant are grateful they have such a big cock regularly posting for them?  Bet they can''t wait until City start being utter plop again and the real Smudger returns?

[/quote]Ah right, so you think there is a conspiracy theory afoot whereas they are somehow picking on you?[Y]