Sign in to follow this  
jew

For the attention of the Colchester ticket spys

Who cares whether we regularly play in front of 5,000 or 5 - what''s that got to do with it? Just because you can sell more than you have been allocated, why on earth should we hand them over when you click your fingers?

Now, can we finally put this one to bed FFS. You have been allocated 19% of the ground, no more no less. You might not like that Robbie Cowling doesn''t like your club, you might not like that we didn''t hand over more tickets as a result, but please just get over it and stop whining. We all know that Norwich are a massive club, with a proud heritage, and impressive fanbase. We also know that like us you''re currently in the 3rd division for a reason. Make the most of it, because if you get promoted, next season you''ll be an average club, with an average heritage, and an average fanbase.

[quote user="colufan"]The compensation hearing won''t be the least bit interested in what happens on Saturday.[/quote]Yeh they are reported to be in hospital with cracked ribs due to the laugher induced by the audacity of Cowlings claims.

[quote user="Blooberry"][quote user="matt crowhurst"]i would call you a knob and a lot worse. its ''knobs'' like you that deter me from taking my 11 year old daughter to the game on sat and enjoying a family day out as i cannot be sure that ''knobs'' like you wont start some handbags which results in her getting hurtits about time you grew up or if thats too hard stay the fuck away from our club[/quote]

I''m a City steward & trust people like these are a minority . . . . I work the Aviva Community Lower Tier & Jarrold Stand & your 11 yr old daughter would have a great time :o) We have a great atmosphere & if - & thats a BIG IF - you did come across any problems then you tell a steward - coz thats what we''re there for :o)[/quote]cheers Bloo, she has a season ticket at carrow and loves it and really wanted to go on saturday but i just couldn''t take the chance that idiots like him might start something that she gets caught up in

[quote user="colufan"]

And you don''t get it do you. Cowling is pissed at you for the way you handled the Lambert situation so he isn''t giving you more than we regularly give teams - Leeds aside. You''re not being treated worse, you''re being treated the same.

Plus he wants to win the game - wow, quelle surprise, don''t you!

[/quote]

Just a simple question for you Colufan.Who gave Lambert permission to come and speak to Norwich because that is what happened?

It was, of course a qualified permission TIL1010, subject to agreeing compensation.

What happened thereafter is anyone''s guess. RC obviously wants what''s best for Col U and we want what''s best for NCFC. There is an obvious conflict of interest.

Whether RC''s demands were reasonable or unreasonable is for the Footbal League to decide. The same applies to our offers I guess. We have agreed compensation before with other Clubs.

As for me, having been unsuccessful in our ballot, I''ve gone for plan B, sitting with the home fans. Not my preferred choice, but there you go. And before the Col U ticket office swing their spying plan into operation, I''d just add that the tickets haven''t been purchased by me. Infact, they''ve been provided by a Col U regular who I will be sitting with at the game. He''s actually returning a favour from when I got him tickets at Carrow Road when they were in the Championship.

[quote user="GMF"]It was, of course a qualified permission TIL1010, subject to agreeing compensation.

What happened thereafter is anyone''s guess. RC obviously wants what''s best for Col U and we want what''s best for NCFC. There is an obvious conflict of interest.

Whether RC''s demands were reasonable or unreasonable is for the Footbal League to decide. The same applies to our offers I guess. We have agreed compensation before with other Clubs.

As for me, having been unsuccessful in our ballot, I''ve gone for plan B, sitting with the home fans. Not my preferred choice, but there you go. And before the Col U ticket office swing their spying plan into operation, I''d just add that the tickets haven''t been purchased by me. Infact, they''ve been provided by a Col U regular who I will be sitting with at the game. He''s actually returning a favour from when I got him tickets at Carrow Road when they were in the Championship.[/quote]Fair enough GMF, I agree with what you say about the ''situation'' we all think we know what happened but who actually knows.As for siting in our end, that happens all over the country, I just hope it isn''t large numbers who try to make a point of it. As for how you are doing it, fair enough and have a good day.

I''m sitting in the home end too although in my case it was always my plan to do so. I have a good mate who supports Col U and we agreed in the summer that we''d watch the league games together. He sat with me in the upper Barclay on the opening day of the season and considering what we witnessed, he behaved himself impeccably. I intend to do the same whatever the result on Saturday.

I watched the premiership years show on Sky the other night and they showed the goals from when Man Utd came to Carrow Road in 93/94. Cantona scores their second in front of the Barclay (from a mishit Newman pass) and loads of people in the ''home'' end celebrate. I was at that game and remember how it felt to watch your team concede and have a bunch of smug idiots around you jumping up to celebrate. What struck me at the time was the arrogance of the Utd fans (most with Norfolk accents) who felt they could sit in the home end and basically rub it in our faces.

I hope for our sake that the City fans who are watching the game in the home areas show a bit more respect. We do have good crowds and we are doing well in the league this season but it doesn''t give us the right to act like arrogant pr*cks.

[quote user="Stevo"]

I''m sitting in the home end too although in my case it was always my plan to do so. I have a good mate who supports Col U and we agreed in the summer that we''d watch the league games together. He sat with me in the upper Barclay on the opening day of the season and considering what we witnessed, he behaved himself impeccably. I intend to do the same whatever the result on Saturday.

I watched the premiership years show on Sky the other night and they showed the goals from when Man Utd came to Carrow Road in 93/94. Cantona scores their second in front of the Barclay (from a mishit Newman pass) and loads of people in the ''home'' end celebrate. I was at that game and remember how it felt to watch your team concede and have a bunch of smug idiots around you jumping up to celebrate. What struck me at the time was the arrogance of the Utd fans (most with Norfolk accents) who felt they could sit in the home end and basically rub it in our faces.

I hope for our sake that the City fans who are watching the game in the home areas show a bit more respect. We do have good crowds and we are doing well in the league this season but it doesn''t give us the right to act like arrogant pr*cks.

[/quote]

I watched it and thought the same thing! They were bloody everywhere!

Stevo,I hope you and your friend have a great match, I can relate to your description of the Man Utd fans attitudes, I have to say I have never seen your fans in that light.

[quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="Stevo"]

[/quote]

I watched it and thought the same thing! They were bloody everywhere!

As i said on another thread recently watched the same programme from 92/93 and thought the same thing in relation to both CR and Portman Road. At Portman Road there was actually a group of them at the front of the North Stand with a Man united flag!

Regarding the Cantona goal at the Barclay though some of those jumping up may actually have been norwich fans to hurl abuse as i believe that was the game when Cantona had slightly earlier started a mini riot by stamping on (i think) John Polston right in front of block d of the barclay as polston fell over and Cantona hurdled the advertising boards.

Certainly though in that era Man U fans used to be everywhere when we played them and I can remember it used to kick off all the time in the Barclay during those games.

On a similar note my a load of mates and I were in owens pre-match a couple of years back before a home game and there was a bloke watching the Man U game on the telly who turned round to the barman and said in a really braod Norfolk accent "the Norwich fans, don''t know where they all come from" in reference to us. Couldn''t make it up!

[/quote]

[quote user="Stevo"]

[/quote]

Breath. Of. Fresh. Air.

[quote user="Barside Edd"]Stevo,

I hope you and your friend have a great match, I can relate to your description of the Man Utd fans attitudes, I have to say I have never seen your fans in that light.

[/quote]

Cheers buddy. Once we''re out the ground, then the p*ss-taking will start one way or another....obviously I hope it''s me that gets to dish it out this time round but we''ll go for some beers and have a decent night out in town afterwards.

In that Man Utd game I remember being told to sit down and shut up by a group of Utd fans in the row behind me when I was getting excited over a City attack. Unbelievable.

They then started singing "Oh Manchester...is wonderful" at which point I commented that it had failed to get the olympics. They went nuts and the stewards finally removed them.

That''s the key point I think. We''re all football fans - just with different allegiances. Normally we can have rational discussions but during the emotion of a match, you don''t want some idiot in your face rubbing it in.

[quote user="Stevo"]

[quote user="Barside Edd"]Stevo,I hope you and your friend have a great match, I can relate to your description of the Man Utd fans attitudes, I have to say I have never seen your fans in that light.[/quote]

Cheers buddy. Once we''re out the ground, then the p*ss-taking will start one way or another....obviously I hope it''s me that gets to dish it out this time round but we''ll go for some beers and have a decent night out in town afterwards.

In that Man Utd game I remember being told to sit down and shut up by a group of Utd fans in the row behind me when I was getting excited over a City attack. Unbelievable.

They then started singing "Oh Manchester...is wonderful" at which point I commented that it had failed to get the olympics. They went nuts and the stewards finally removed them.

That''s the key point I think. We''re all football fans - just with different allegiances. Normally we can have rational discussions but during the emotion of a match, you don''t want some idiot in your face rubbing it in.

[/quote]Very true and well summed up i think :)I bet your mate gave you some stick at the start of the season and you would have given him some after the 5-1 ''well never play you again'' match. Footy banter is great, right place and time though

[quote user="Barside Edd"][quote user="Stevo"]

[quote user="Barside Edd"]Stevo,

I hope you and your friend have a great match, I can relate to your description of the Man Utd fans attitudes, I have to say I have never seen your fans in that light.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Very true and well summed up i think :)

I bet your mate gave you some stick at the start of the season and you would have given him some after the 5-1 ''well never play you again'' match. Footy banter is great, right place and time though
[/quote]

As i''ve said before Norwich is my second team and i went with my brother,all his Arsenal supporting mates and my girlfreind at the time who was also a gooner to Highbury in about 1994 i think. They all knew i followed Norwich and Arsenal won 5-1...I got a fair bit of stick but it was all a laugh..