Sign in to follow this  
Lewie - Holt Our Saviour

"Gunns Team" Radio Norfolk

[quote user="Panic Dem"][quote user="CallsignViper"]So Pan Demic your post about Lambert''s tactical ability is backed up by Gunn''s tactical ability to win 6 games in 21 matches? I don''t think Gunn should have been given the job in the first place, he''s made some good signings, I think he was treated unfairly but shouldn''t have been in the position to be treated unfairly, and am loving what Lambert is doing with this club and just wish people would let Gunn go.[/quote] What a load of tripe. Lambert has achieved his success with Gunn''s squad. Gunn had to make do with Roeder''s legacy. No discussion needed.[/quote]

When will people like Panic Dem come down off the high horse and take off the rose coloured glasses  they bought from Delia''s shop, Gunn was brought in as a cheap option scape goat, and with the exception of chippy comeing in the rest of them were a waste of space, Having green and yellow blood don''t make you a good  manager, if it did we have 25.000 good managers at every home match, That Facebook thing was nothing more than a conn, he had the job without that, that just made it look as thought we the fans voted him in.

Yes he spotted some good tallent and brought them in, but his man managment skills were zilt, I don''t blame Gunn, I blame the clowns who gave him the job, it cost us our championship status,  

To me, the difference is that I can''t imagine any team that Lambert put out would roll over & die the way that Gunn''s teams did all too often.

Spot on pete-norw.

Gunny has been tarnished because of his time in the job, his link with Norwich severed and his status with fans compromised.

With hindsight-well, no probably, people were saying this at the time, yes, Roeder gone, club and fans get it "all together" again in the Barnsley match, big win, thankyou Gunny, now get the new Manager in to build on this and "feed" from what Gunny could pass on.

That would have been the right thing to do. However....

[quote user="ron obvious"]

To me, the difference is that I can''t imagine any team that Lambert put out would roll over & die the way that Gunn''s teams did all too often.

[/quote]

And on that note, it was great last night watching those three goals going in to the sound of jingle bells, fantastic turn out last night, pity the pub ran out of beer. 

[quote user="Old Shuck"]Spot on pete-norw. Gunny has been tarnished because of his time in the job, his link with Norwich severed and his status with fans compromised. With hindsight-well, no probably, people were saying this at the time, yes, Roeder gone, club and fans get it "all together" again in the Barnsley match, big win, thankyou Gunny, now get the new Manager in to build on this and "feed" from what Gunny could pass on. That would have been the right thing to do. However....[/quote]

Excellent post, which sums up my thoughts. Gunny was one of my heroes as a player, but the shameless canvassing for the job both after Barnsley and having seen us relegated soured my view of him completely. Whilst I accept, as Pete points out, that a large degree of blame lies with those who appointed him, he should have accepted that he was out of his depth.

Speaking personally, I would like to put that whole unsavoury episode behind me and move on, but the scab is constantly picked by the constant attempts of certain posters to try to not just defend the indefensible, but to apply a revisionist gloss to the Gunn era in which he becomes a man of foresight and discernment. Over time we will, if left alone, hopefully start to remember him again as one of City''s greatest keepers rather than one their most inept managers.

[quote user="Panic Dem"]What a load of tripe. Lambert has achieved his success with Gunn''s squad. Gunn had to make do with Roeder''s legacy. No discussion needed.[/quote]

Err? How many players from last night did Gunn actually sign?

His team my arse!

[quote user="ron obvious"]

[/quote]

Interesting thread with inaccuracies on both sides of the argument as usual. This post is a good example. The only team that could be called Gunn''s team was the team that got hammered by Colchester. The team/squad that he inherited from Roeder was self-evidently not Gunn''s team. Therefore, "Gunn''s teams did not roll over and die too often". I strongly doubt that any manager could have mobilised that rag bag assembly of loanees and want aways into a winning streak, not even our latest Messiah Lambert.

quote user="Cullum ''Ave A Go If You Think You''re ''Ard Enough"]Been said before but Gunn should have stuck to putting out the napkins in the Gunn Club. Where is he now? Working at Carphone Warehouse FFS...quote

What a nasty, uncalled for little post. I expect you are probably a nasty, unplanned little so and so.

[quote user="Captain Pugwash"]

quote user="Cullum ''Ave A Go If You Think You''re ''Ard Enough"]Been said before but Gunn should have stuck to putting out the napkins in the Gunn Club. Where is he now? Working at Carphone Warehouse FFS...quote

What a nasty, uncalled for little post. I expect you are probably a nasty, unplanned little so and so.

[/quote]

It seemed pretty relevent to me.[Y]

I actually think Worthington deserves some credit for last nights win after all he did provide us with half of the back four which kept a clean sheet for at least half of the match!

[quote user="Huddy "]

Gunns team...

Really?

Forster - Nope

Martin - Nope,  Spillane Nope, Otsemobor Yes...and when the latter plays we look dodgy!

Drury - Nope Worthingtons

Doherty - Nope Worthingtons

Askou - Not Really, Admiral Nelson was seemingly Goons choice

Smith - No

Hughes - Yes, but Russel (1st Choice No - Gunns axed him!)

Lappin - Nope Grants

Hoolahan - Nope Roeder

Holt - Yes

Martin - Nope didn''t play under Gunn, Was on loan at Luton last year and don''t think one game this year counts

So in summary Lamberts changed half the team, And, importantly the Formation; and got the team playing for him; something BG didnt have.

So saying its Gunns team is ridiculous!!

[/quote]

I agree but please see comments in red above. Lambert has had to work with what he had when he took over not being in a transfer window, our budget being used to buy so many players in the summer and a reluctance from players to come to a club in a state of flux. Yes the fact is that SOME players might have been bought by Gunn but NONE of the players played for Gunn!

[quote user="Pablo Picarsole"]It''s getting very boring now.[/quote]

Yes Pete can we please ban these Gunn team threads, and move on to the next chapter, Lambert is our boss, so let him boss 

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Panic Dem"]What a load of tripe. Lambert has achieved his success with Gunn''s squad. Gunn had to make do with Roeder''s legacy. No discussion needed.[/quote]

Err? How many players from last night did Gunn actually sign?

His team my arse!

[/quote]

With the departure today of Maric ,so begins the start of clearing out Gunns legacy. Expect the likes of Theoklitis,Whaley,Gill,Tudor-Jones - hopefully Nelson to follow suit.

Yes the signings of Holt and Askou have been good but if we have no funds left in January to sign new players or worse still have to sell anyone - then blame Gunn for p**sing up the wall on rubbish during the summer!