Sign in to follow this  
AJ

Goalkeeper scoring a goal?

i can remember Craig fleming clearing Marcus Hahnemans header off our goal line in the promotion season....

Gunny went up for a corner against Sheff wed about 18 years ago and almost got his head to it!

[quote user="promotion chasing CT "]

Bryan Gunn applying to be manager was certainly an own goal....

appointing him was just mental.

[/quote]

Why is that relevent :P

We all know it was silly...you don''t really need to point it out again :P

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

i can remember Craig fleming clearing Marcus Hahnemans header off our goal line in the promotion season....

Gunny went up for a corner against Sheff wed about 18 years ago and almost got his head to it!

[/quote]

I remember that, didn''t we score from it to make it 1-1?! God i feel old now..!

Think the game Keelan scored in was a Texaco Cup match against Leicester in 1972-score was 2-2 after the two legs, we went through on pens aet-first time we''d been in a penalty shoot out as well!

[quote user="KCanary"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

I remember that, didn''t we score from it to make it 1-1?! God i feel old now..!

[/quote]Yes, because goalkeepers do usually come up for corners when their team is winning 1-0

[quote user="KCanary"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Yeah, Chrissy Sutton popped it in, but I think Gunny did get on the end of the ball, or tried to volley it or something. Hard to tell down the other end

[quote user="AJ"]After reading this article, it made me think. Out of interest, has a goalkeeper ever scored for Norwich? Not in my time as far as I know.

Anyone?
[/quote]

I never played for Norwich but in my playing days for Tamworth I scored a goal from my 18yrd line, with the help of a good tail wind, I saw thier keeper out of his area and I booted it and as luck would have it it bounced over him and in the net.I do think a lot of keepers do try this from time to time