I booked 2 tickets last week.By the sounds of it the west stand is going to be full of Norwich fans.

When does the away allocation go on sale or are Col U playing games with us and not giving us any tickets? How many tickets are we likely to get as an allocation?

Norwich apparently keep writing letters to Colchester asking for more than the normal away allocation of 1900.

In return we keep writing letters to you asking about compensation.

Currently both sets of letters appear unanswered.

[:)]

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

Norwich apparently keep writing letters to Colchester asking for more than the normal away allocation of 1900.

[/quote]

Doesn''t the the one go some way to negating the other? [:)]

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]If they''d just give us a decent allocation there won''t be any problems.
[/quote]

And are you Canaries going to create problems if it isn''t decent?  [:|]

Are you well ''ard?[:O]

PS: At the end of the day you will get what you are given and the ticket stub holders can fight among themselves.............twas ever thus.

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]If they''d just give us a decent allocation there won''t be any problems.[/quote]

[/quote]Not what I meant, but surely having dozens of Norwich fans in the home end is going to cause problems?

[/quote]

You gave Leeds 2900 so why wouldn''t you give us the same?

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Because you don''t answer our letters.  So we''ve decided not to answer yours?

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]But a contact of mine says you''ve spoken to us on the phone

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

why are you checking another clubs forum anyway.... still upset about lambert?? ah bless.

i know not many people in essex can spell but why dont you foxtrot oscar back to your own forums.

I asked at the ticket office after the oldham game about the col u tickets. Basically they said they are still yet to finalise the deal but they can either get an allocation of 1900 or 3000. Basically if they get the 3000 they will just go on general sale where as if they get the smaller allocation they will do applications. Lets face it we are going to take a huge crowd so you would think logically we would take the 3000. But too be honest as people say it is probably colchester just messing us around. I am also thinking that this might be a bit of an expensive one as I can see colchester trying to charge us huge prices cos of all the stuff that has happened.It has to be said that I really do pray to god we can beat these lot because if we lose then I dread to think how much stick we will get

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
But a contact of mine says you''ve spoken to us on the phone
[/quote]

Indeed so, early on, the two Chief Executives.  We are currently "six figures apart" which is why the blazers will decide whatever is to happen.

Cowling has three times requested a face to face discussion with Mr McNally and three times you have refused same.

I wonder why?[:O]

I suppose Mr McNally was just very busy.

[quote user="seby1991"]I asked at the ticket office after the oldham game about the col u tickets. Basically they said they are still yet to finalise the deal but they can either get an allocation of 1900 or 3000. Basically if they get the 3000 they will just go on general sale where as if they get the smaller allocation they will do applications. Lets face it we are going to take a huge crowd so you would think logically we would take the 3000. But too be honest as people say it is probably colchester just messing us around. I am also thinking that this might be a bit of an expensive one as I can see colchester trying to charge us huge prices cos of all the stuff that has happened.

It has to be said that I really do pray to god we can beat these lot because if we lose then I dread to think how much stick we will get
[/quote]

I expect what has happened as regards the allocation is the same policy that NCFC apply to other clubs when they come to Carrow Road. Colchester will have said that the away allocation is 1900 and if you want more than that it''s 3000. However if NCFC want to take all 3000 we would have to pay for them all.  As it''s a big game Colchester can reasonably say that they would have been able to sell the tickets to their own fans. It''s the same at Carrow Road where the away team decides around two weeks before the game how many tickets they would like to take.

Of course if City take 3000 tickets the risk is all on us to sell them all.

As regards being charged huge prices, all this is decided at the start of the season, and Colchester (or any other club) are not allowed to hike the prices for a particular fixture. I expect that it will be an “A” prices game, the same as Leeds.

QPR tried this price hike trick last season with Derby the first "victims"; who appealed to the League and the original prices were re-instated. When Derby were informed of the new prices they refused to take an away allocation at all.

[/quote]Stop harping on about your compensation , its getting old !You lot are lucky we dont requisition your ground and use it for parking for away fans who wish to drive half way to Norwich then catch the train from Colchester to Norwich !

Guys

Bit harsh on Cam - he may be no spring chicken but if you take the time to read his posts he is usually well informed - and I''ve never seen him resort to name calling.

Whilst the clubs that Cam follows are not my choice, I do like reading his posts, as do others.  Try and keep it constructive - otherwise you risk becoming a young version of Wiz....

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Doesn''t really matter does it because the fans wanting to go to the Col U game who aren''t season ticket holders are appling online for tickets in your end so even if we only get 1900 tickets from you we''ll still have at least 2500 at the game [:)]

Thought you needed the money too so if you''d rather have the ground only 70% full intsead of the reddies then thats bad management at your club.

[/quote]

Oh dear, i used to have a slight admiration for you cam, now you''ve really lost it... Just because the clubs have fallen out doesnt mean you should come on a forum full of away supporters asking if we''re "Well ''ard" or not.

My immediate reaction is to come show you, so just think about things when taking the p--s, your voice may be representing a few thousand col u supporters who im sure dont want any trouble. Only takes one idiot to read this. (Hey, i did!)

Is it me, or does Cam''s justification for "you don''t listen to us so we won''t listen to you" seem a bit juvenile?  If thats how Col U wants to act then that is surely their prerogative, but even if they did have legitimacy to their compo claim (they actually might, who knows the real facts?) they still come across as being knobs.  Prior to this season Col U always seemed a decent enough side with decent enough people, both running and supporting the team. But if Cam''s reasoning has any shred of truth to it, then whatever sympathy I might have once had for our smaller neighbors has just gone out the window.

I think if Colchester offer the full allotment of 3000 they will be snapped up very quickly with now the bitter taste between the two clubs. We found a new Ipswich down here in Div 1. Well no that is not true but a team also now there can be jibes at. You all know what I mean.

[quote user="cityangel"]

Thought you needed the money too so if you''d rather have the ground only 70% full intsead of the reddies then thats bad management at your club.

[/quote]

Think you''re confusing us with you - financially we''re ok ta very much.

[quote user="colufan"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote] Think you''re confusing us with you - financially we''re ok ta very much.[/quote]

What with gates of 5000 each week in a ground that holds 10,000?

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh dear dear, My dads bigger than your dad,

The difference as I see it is if we get the extra 1100 tickets thats bums on seats for Colchester and and extra £40K in their bank. Seeing as they are chasing us for money (compensation) why would they be stupid enough to turn down this extra revenue??

I will be there whatever our allocation like many others we will be in the other end!!

Being serious for a moment it is my understanding that the police input has not yet been heard this end.  One of the problems is that Ipswich are at home on the same day, a situation that Suffolk and Essex police normally try to avoid.  It would not personally surprise me if one of these games gets moved.