Sign in to follow this  
liquid_football

FA Cup Live Streaming

Is anybody else testing out the quality of the FA''s live internet coverage tonight? For anybody who isn''t aware the FA are streaming the 1st round replay between Stevenage v Port Vale (mouth watering I know).

It stopped/started as it buffered a few times in the first minute or so having loaded it, but since then I''ve had continuous uninterrupted coverage. Can''t really complain about the picture quality either. Not a patch on television coverage obviously but then it''s certainly nothing like watching a mobile phone captured video on youtube. I''m playing it through my TV from the laptop via a VGA cable. Overall I''m impressed and looking forward to watching it on the 28th.

Having real problems with this tonight, keeps stuttering all over the place but I''m on Virgin Media and there appears to be more than a few technical hitches going on this evening so I''m not going to judge it on that.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Having real problems with this tonight, keeps stuttering all over the place but I''m on Virgin Media and there appears to be more than a few technical hitches going on this evening so I''m not going to judge it on that.
[/quote]

Same here,just crashes after a couple of tries!!

Seems fine to me - i''m with Tiscali who are not great as an ISP, especially in the evenings where they do reduce download and streaming speed to cope with increase of traffic. Nice to have the choice of 512k speed, in case it is slow on the 28th.

[quote user="pete"]At least it started for you guys, couldn''t get it even started.[/quote]

OK for me as well, and the broadband is pretty pathetic here in Hethersett!

Are you on Virgin pete.I get the page up,but then,after crashing, i get ''website restore error''.First time i have ever seen this!!

I''m with Virgin media and my connection to my ps3 has been much worse than usual tonight. I also hear Virgin phone network is down along with t - mobile. (don''t know if it''s connected?)

[quote user="Big Slob"]I''m with Virgin media and my connection to my ps3 has been much worse than usual tonight. I also hear Virgin phone network is down along with t - mobile. (don''t know if it''s connected?)
[/quote]

Yeah,it must be Virgin (eastern).It''s normally ok.

(P.s if you are with T-mobile,check BBC news.Someone has been flogging customers details!!)

No problems with my connection tonight in Norwich with Madasafish broadband. Perhaps it is just Virgin in this area?

I''m glad to report that it appeared to be complete with actual, live sound from the game. I think somebody said that in one of the earlier games they played random background, crowd noises.

The commentator wasn''t too bad, but he was flying it solo without a co-commentator. It''s a basic coverage but then when you see how badly it''s often done by the likes of ITV that''s probably not a bad thing.

Unrelated to the footy streaming, as I didn''t watch it, but I was also having problems with Virgin internet last night (thought it was just me) and I''m in Manchester!!

Greg Abbott the Carlise manager seems to be having problems connecting to the live streaming, "FA web dot com forward slash backward forward somersault..." [;)]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Having real problems with this tonight, keeps stuttering all over the place but I''m on Virgin Media and there appears to be more than a few technical hitches going on this evening so I''m not going to judge it on that.
[/quote]

Virgin media mobile phones were down all day as well as media broadband playing up, I switched to Sky in October still waiting router to get on line, so I''m tapped into a friends wifi next door, with permission of coarse .

[quote user="liquid_football"]Is anybody else testing out the quality of the FA''s live internet coverage tonight? For anybody who isn''t aware the FA are streaming the 1st round replay between Stevenage v Port Vale (mouth watering I know). It stopped/started as it buffered a few times in the first minute or so having loaded it, but since then I''ve had continuous uninterrupted coverage. Can''t really complain about the picture quality either. Not a patch on television coverage obviously but then it''s certainly nothing like watching a mobile phone captured video on youtube. I''m playing it through my TV from the laptop via a VGA cable. Overall I''m impressed and looking forward to watching it on the 28th.[/quote]

be grateful. maybe with the buffering Ots will be able to look like he''s keeping up with play !

Seemed fine for me but I am on a 1Gb connection [:|]. Quality wasn''t too bad but agreed normal TV football is always going to be better. It''s a start at least!

[quote user="Herman "]

I get the page up,but then,after crashing, i get ''website restore error''.First time i have ever seen this!!

[/quote]

I have tried the fa.com again tonight and this keeps happening.Anybody know what is wrong with it?

Looks like you might not have to worry, both quotes from the Pinkun Twitter

"Asked the FATV people if the Carlise v Norwich game will stream on Archant PCs. They weren''t aware they were even broadcasting the game!"

and

"The plot thickens... FATV have now asked where the advert for the live stream of the game is on the FA site as they can''t find anything..."

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

"Asked the FATV people if the Carlise v Norwich game will stream on Archant PCs. They weren''t aware they were even broadcasting the game!"

and

"The plot thickens... FATV have now asked where the advert for the live stream of the game is on the FA site as they can''t find anything..."

[/quote]

http://www.thefa.com/TheFACup/FACompetitions/TheFACup/NewsAndFeatures/2009/viewingfiguresoldhamleeds.aspx

5th paragraph down says the match is showing.

Perhaps the bumbling fools at the FA don''t know how to use a computer ?

[quote user="Yellow Fever"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

and

[/quote]

http://www.thefa.com/TheFACup/FACompetitions/TheFACup/NewsAndFeatures/2009/viewingfiguresoldhamleeds.aspx

[/quote]

http://www.thefa.com/TheFACup/Fixtures.aspx

Also, scroll down the FA Cup fixtures & we are kicking off at 5.15.

I hereby rest my case that we are being streamed live on the FA website.

Thank you M''lord

[quote user="Yellow Fever"][quote user="Yellow Fever"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

and

[/quote]

[/quote]

http://www.thefa.com/TheFACup/Fixtures.aspx

Also, scroll down the FA Cup fixtures & we are kicking off at 5.15.

I hereby rest my case that we are being streamed live on the FA website.

Thank you M''lord

[/quote]

Well,that is strange.It works well using your links,but not if i go straight there.[^o)] I hate computers sometimes!!