Sign in to follow this  
Brendo

Beckford or Holt

Seeing as though most people would rate Beckford as the best striker in the league, thought it would be nice to see who people think is better.

Simple, who would you rather have in a city shirt at the moment.

No Biasness here ;)

But Its gotta be Holt every time for me, Beckford misses so much, and sccores tap ins alot, so does Holt :P but Holt does alot more for the team aswell, Beckford doesnt pass much i dont think?

The transfer market would probably value Beckford millions higher.

I would prefer Holt at the moment, as I feel we need a Holt in the team more than a Beckford.

Neither has been tested at the highest level.

Holt is a far more complete footballer. Beckford is just pure pace and not alot else in my opinion and hasn''t impressed me a great deal the times I''ve watched Leeds. Holt is strong, good in the air, works hard and gets goals.

[quote user="Georgie Bless"]Holt is a far more complete footballer. Beckford is just pure pace and not alot else in my opinion and hasn''t impressed me a great deal the times I''ve watched Leeds. Holt is strong, good in the air, works hard and gets goals.[/quote]Seconded. Added to which he has surprisingly quick feet, for a big bloke.

Has to be Holt for me too, beckford is a good player, but is overrated far too much, he is very hit and miss, and i just think the team as a whole benefits more from having Holt in the side, someone who will give 100% each game, beckford looks like a lazy player at times, you don''t get that with Granty, a top player!

[quote user="Brendan"]Seeing as though most people would rate Beckford as the best striker in the league, thought it would be nice to see who people think is better. Simple, who would you rather have in a city shirt at the moment. No Biasness here ;) But Its gotta be Holt every time for me, Beckford misses so much, and sccores tap ins alot, so does Holt :P but Holt does alot more for the team aswell, Beckford doesnt pass much i dont think? ....[/quote]

have you not seen the other trheads on which striker fans would have/?

Yea i would say he is overrated, he has not played or proved himself in the prem, so how can a club turn round and defend a 3-5 mil price tag for an untried player. Yes he has done well in league 1, so why is he not rated as other league 1 strikers, i am not sure on this but as far as i understand he has little championship experience (correct me if i am wrong on this). So a price tag of 3-5mil on a league 1 experienced player who is very hit and miss is overrated IMHO.

What are Grant Holt and Jermaine Beckford?

They are both strikers.!!

What are strikers paid to do?

Score goals!!!

What does Beckford do extremely well?

Score goals.

34 in 42 games last season and already 11 in 14 games.

How the hell is Beckford over rated???

Goals wins games, winning headers doesnt.

Beckford every time.

My point is that He has done well at this level, but he has not at a higher level, how do we know that he will be good at a higher level, 3-5 mil is too much on a player that could flop in the prem. Its a big gamble for a team, and one i would prefer not to make.

Becchio and Kandol wins a lot of headers,more than Beckford but its goals that count. No one is a clinical as Beckford in front of goal that means if your team isnt playing well he still has that ability to go and win you the game.

Check any youtube vid on both Holt and Beckford and you wont see any better striker in this league than Beckford.

Holt and Beckford up front would be lethal as Holt would do all the donkey work for Beckford but Beckford would bag the most by far

Next you will be telling me that Holt has more pace.

Beckford is the fastest striker in the league thats why he leaves defenders for dead,including yours the other week. No one ever mentioned that he was worth 3-5m anyway. 2-3m was his value in the summer.

Holt is a work horse and Beckford is lazy but I know who will get the most goals by April. Beckford won player of the year last year and has already won October''s player of the month.

[quote user="spainboy"]Becchio and Kandol wins a lot of headers,more than Beckford but its goals that count. No one is a clinical as Beckford in front of goal that means if your team isnt playing well he still has that ability to go and win you the game.

Check any youtube vid on both Holt and Beckford and you wont see any better striker in this league than Beckford.

Holt and Beckford up front would be lethal as Holt would do all the donkey work for Beckford but Beckford would bag the most by far[/quote]He didn''t look very clinical on Monday night. Missed a couple of chances I reckon young Cody would have put away.He''s such a miserable looking get as well. Reminds me of a (very) poor man''s Andy Cole.

Hot doesnt score more.!!! Come on now lets not be daft.

Last season Holt scored 20 league goals in 46 games for a league 2 team

Beckford scored 26 league goals in only 34 league one games last season

Beckford hasnt played half the JPT/early carling games this season.

Its daft to say that holt will score more than beckford over this season. It simply wont happen.

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]Different type of players ..... they would be a good pair together![/quote]

This is exactly right. If i have to choose 1 it would be Holt every time. They are both banging in goals but Holt is so much more of a team player. He also has a good long range shot and can make chances for himself and others. Beckford relys on quality from his team which at the moment they have. But when the defence is better, like in the Championship, he will struggle.

[quote user="spainboy"]Hot doesnt score more.!!! Come on now lets not be daft.

Its daft to say that holt will score more than beckford over this season. It simply wont happen.[/quote]Shouldn''t you be in school doing your work?

[quote user="spainboy"]Hot doesnt score more.!!! Come on now lets not be daft.

Its daft to say that holt will score more than beckford over this season. It simply wont happen.[/quote]We''re not talking about last seasonwe''re talking about this season..Hotl has scored more goals than beckford so far so you can''t say shit all until he scores more..

[quote user="spainboy"]Hot doesnt score more.!!! Come on now lets not be daft. Last season Holt scored 20 league goals in 46 games for a league 2 team Beckford scored 26 league goals in only 34 league one games last season Beckford hasnt played half the JPT/early carling games this season. Its daft to say that holt will score more than beckford over this season. It simply wont happen.[/quote]

Your right he will be the leagues top scorer but Holt won''t be far behind. Without pace Beckford isn''t anything. Holt offers more he is in the most assists table and i don''t see Beckford in there so when it comes April you might be surprised who the leagues top club scorers are.

[quote user="spainboy"]What are Grant Holt and Jermaine Beckford? They are both strikers.!! What are strikers paid to do? Score goals!!! What does Beckford do extremely well? Score goals. 34 in 42 games last season and already 11 in 14 games. How the hell is Beckford over rated??? Goals wins games, winning headers doesnt. Beckford every time.[/quote]

But so were Iwan and Bellars; Heskey and Owen - well the list is endless but they are both pairs of very different types of striker - are you saying that Iwan had no part to play up front winning balls for Bellamy or Heskey for Owen etc etc - of course winning headers contributes to winning games; you a bit hard of thinking? [*-)][:)]

Holt is also older, 28 isnt young for a player.He would have made it by now if he was that good. Holt will be a good player for you in league one next season and will help you to get promoted unless you get that slim chance this season unless you rely on the playoff''s of course.

Oh and Holt has scored more than Sam Vokes in the last 4 games so does that make Holt a better player than a premierhip player?

[quote user="spainboy"]Holt is also older, 28 isnt young for a player.He would have made it by now if he was that good. Holt will be a good player for you in league one next season and will help you to get promoted unless you get that slim chance this season unless you rely on the playoff''s of course.

Oh and Holt has scored more than Sam Vokes in the last 4 games so does that make Holt a better player than a premierhip player?[/quote]Yes it does, Vokes is hardly a premiership player, he wouldn''t be on loan at a League 1 side otherwise, he barely started in the championship last season