Sign in to follow this  
andy cousins

do we scout in north africa

does anyone know if we scout in north africa ? just got ack from tunisia and whle i was there saw a few games on tv , there are some very good players out there , well skillfull in midfield and attack tho the defenders are well suspect , definatly worth a look out there though

The cost of getting a scout to re learn the english language after spending anytime in North Africa might be too prohibitive

[quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]Safri did a pretty good job for City. Work Permit issue would probably mean players would have to be in national team.[/quote]

Also Ramadan and African Nations Cup issues which reduce their effectiveness for an English club. Man Utd must be loving the idea that Chelsea will lose Drogba for a month, whilst Portsmouth must be dreading losing Didane, who scored a hat-trick last week.   

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="canarywales"]

[quote user="Pro"]racist[/quote]

wtf u on abou

[/quote]

Thank you your highness. How is Camilla?

[/quote]

YUK! is prince Andrew shafting that ugly trout Camilla too?

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]Safri did a pretty good job for City. Work Permit issue would probably mean players would have to be in national team.[/quote]

Also Ramadan and African Nations Cup issues which reduce their effectiveness for an English club. Man Utd must be loving the idea that Chelsea will lose Drogba for a month, whilst Portsmouth must be dreading losing Didane, who scored a hat-trick last week.   

[/quote] Essien is the big loss for Chelski, they went to bits last year when he wasn''t playing, Anelka aint bad cover for Drogba really is he? oh and that crap bloke Kalou

Kalou will be playing with Drogba for the Ivory Coast but I doubt it will matter anyway because Chelsea''s fixtures are:

F.A Cup Third Round – Sat/Sun, 02/03 January

League Cup Semi Final 1st Leg – Tues/Weds, 05/06 January

Hull City (A) Saturday, 09 January

Sunderland (H) Saturday, 16 January

League Cup Semi Final 2nd Leg – Tues/Weds, 19/20 January

F.A Cup Fourth Round – Sat/Sun, 23/24 January

Birmingham City (H) Wednesday, 27 January

Burnley (A) Saturday, 30 January

I''m sure they''ll be able to cope.

Even in Kenya there are loads of very good football players, have you seen how high those Masai marra guys can jump on the spot (NO NOT BEING RACIST)

um... i need help understanding this....

If thedefenders are rubbish, then surely it would only take an average striker to make them look like fools...?

Maric scored a hat full of goals last season for Barcelona B... he must be good eh?

I am working in Tunisia at the moment and have been for some time.Which where the players you liked?Generally the standard is not that great here but it is a springboard for many african players to jump to France and less often Germany.Normally a player here gets around 20k a year but you would be surprised at how much the best get paid since like in the UK the local millioniares like to pay out for the best.

[quote user="Fromage Frais"]

I am working in Tunisia at the moment and have been for some time.

Which where the players you liked?

Generally the standard is not that great here but it is a springboard for many african players to jump to France and less often Germany.

Normally a player here gets around 20k a year but you would be surprised at how much the best get paid since like in the UK the local millioniares like to pay out for the best.
[/quote]

i have no idea who they wee or who they play for as cant read or understand arabic  , one team played in red n white hooped shirt n red shorts had a right midfield who looked ok ,one away side black all over with white strip on chest had an ok left winger , one in red n yellow vertical stripes with a tricky central attacking midfielder who looked very good (tunis ?)  and another with green n red vertical stripes who had a decent looking striker  if that helps at all

So we plucked Safri from Morocco did we?