Sign in to follow this  
Boyo

Anyone who wouldn't take adraw on Monday?

All this hype about the Leeds game is starting to make it way to big for this time in the season and I was just wondering with all the confidence on this board is there anyone who wouldn''t take a draw.  This could mean that Swindon take back the play off spot if they win which gives it all to play for next Saturday when we play them.  Personally I would rather take a point at Elland Road and pump up the atmosphere for the Swindon game but I''m sure their is a lot of people who will think different.

I would take 1-1 every time.

i''d take a draw now, no worries, win at home and draw away and we''ll be right up there

Oh for sure boyo I''d take a draw, but I have a sneaking feeling we''re going to do better than that. A lot better.

I wouldn''t. We need to win for the the reasons of amassing as many points as we can and also taking points off clubs that may well be there in May.

The attitude should be that we are good enough to win any game and I''d rather we go for the three points and lose then go cap in hand, grateful of a point.

One game does not usually affect another. We were stuffed at home to Colchester then three days later won 4-0 away. Two good league wins then held by lowly Walsall. And if my memory serves me well we lost 3-1 at home to Sunderland the week before meeting them at Wembley and winning the League Cup.

It matters little at this stage if we are in the ''playoffs'' or not. League 1 is not musical chairs, it will not suddenly stop sometime before May and those in the top six will either be automatically promoted or be fighting it out in the playoffs. So any guff about getting a point if another club loses etc should be ended now.

We need to keep winning, that way it won''t really matter a toss what the others do. I believe we are good enough to win this league and that means three points on monday night !

Of course i would take a draw, without any hesitation what so ever.

But having said that, i Honestly think we can win this. Think it''ll be a cracking game and can easily go either way. Lets hope 9-0 to the City ;)

No Doubt this will be a big test and leeds are the favorites to go up. Yes i would take a draw but if we play well we are capable of winning. It is important we take our chances though. I saw us at Carlisle and we missed 3 or 4 good opportunities and in the end were hanging on in a game that should have been all over

[quote user="City1st"]I wouldn''t. We need to win for the the reasons of amassing as many points as we can and also taking points off clubs that may well be there in May.

The attitude should be that we are good enough to win any game and I''d rather we go for the three points and lose then go cap in hand, grateful of a point.

One game does not usually affect another. We were stuffed at home to Colchester then three days later won 4-0 away. Two good league wins then held by lowly Walsall. And if my memory serves me well we lost 3-1 at home to Sunderland the week before meeting them at Wembley and winning the League Cup.

It matters little at this stage if we are in the ''playoffs'' or not. League 1 is not musical chairs, it will not suddenly stop sometime before May and those in the top six will either be automatically promoted or be fighting it out in the playoffs. So any guff about getting a point if another club loses etc should be ended now.

We need to keep winning, that way it won''t really matter a toss what the others do. I believe we are good enough to win this league and that means three points on monday night ![/quote]Good post.

“Ah, but a man''s reach should exceed his grasp, or what''s a heaven for?”  - Robert Browning

Any away point is a good result if you''re winning most of your home games.Of course I''d be happy with a point, it''s a marathon not a sprint and Leeds are just another team.