Sign in to follow this  
Shaun Tilly Lace

Where do you think we'll be on the table in May?

I reckon somewhere between 4th and 6th. I think it will be too tall an order to push on to the 1st or 2nd spots. I would be reasonably happy with a play-off position. What do you all think?

[quote user="Sideshow Tim"]Agreed, play off spot for me. Another prediction - 2 trips to Wembley for us this season!![/quote]

I hope you''re right, particularly if they''re two triumphant trips.

I agree  3rd or 4th for me but some distance behind the front 2 . Over 2 games we have no one to fear in the play off stakes with the possible exception of Colchester. Lets hope their small squad finds to going tough as the season drags on

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]I agree  3rd or 4th for me but some distance behind the front 2 . Over 2 games we have no one to fear in the play off stakes with the possible exception of Colchester. Lets hope their small squad finds to going tough as the season drags on[/quote]

I have looked at the calendar and it says October so as we are talking about Colchester they may not be in the playoffs.  Colchester actually have quite a large squad.

However, we do have the strongest squad that I can remember.  Our Reserve team would not make the playoffs but would not be in the bottom three of League One either (an opinion).   However, no team in this League (including Leeds and yourselves) knows what the forthcoming season will bring in the way of injuries or in Championship clubs coming in during the January transfer season and nicking key players.

While it is fun to speculate no one on this or any other message board actually knows the answer.  One game at a time is a good rule I think.

I hope for your sake you aint in the play-offs and take second spot as they are a nightmare. Emotional stuff lol

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

Age old non prem league question, but would you rather win in the play-off final or automatic?

[/quote]

Dont wanna risk the play offs, unless you mean if we were assured of winning the final or of coming second then id rather win the play offs (Y) great day out at wembley.

Age old non prem league question, but would you rather win in the play-off final or automatic?

[/quote]

I would rather win in a great day out at Wembley, although automatic promotion saves a lot of chewed finger nails and frayed nerves!

Well it’s got to worth £20 on us beating Colchester at Wembley in May?

As previously mentioned, I suspect the automatic slots are looking more and more a done job although Charlton have been choking slightly of late so hope remains?

Once again the real litmus test will be around Christmas etc when the transfer window opens and the board really will have to decide on what’s more important but therein lies the real crux of the matter.

To date we have not seen what Bowket ,  McNasty and our new directors are made of (bar the potting of Fester of course) and I just wonder why the accounts are late this year?  Something tells me our AGM will be later to allow for the transfer window closing before our current financial condition enters the public domain, cards close to the chest I suspect to keep potential wolves from the door to allow us the very best chance of continuing all Lambo’s fine work.

[/quote]

Playoffs... win at Wembley! not many teams get to do that.

I''m surprised so many are confident we will reach the play-off (or even direct promotion).

Our squad is big, but with too many players with little experience. If we are unlucky with injuries, we might drop out of play-off.

My guess: 4th place!

Top 6 I think.  We should beat anyone in the bottom 12 I''d say, positions 6-12 we should at least draw, and we can take points off the top 6 with the rub of the green.