Sign in to follow this  
Rustys 1st Touch

Why did Lambert ban Rusty, Wes and Doc from speaking last night?

Is it because he was worried they might say they want to play for Norwich and fight for a place in the side.More PR spin from the club attempting to engineer moves for players who don''t want to leave and are now being forced out.For me the board have serious questions to answer as to how they''ve allowed this ludicrous situtation to come to pass. Attempting to loan out three of our better players in the middle of September to save a few pennies.

Russell is the ultimate at talking bullsh*t. If Norwich won 3 points for how much Russell talked us up we would be a Prem team now.

Russell is a cock.

Whatever''s happening behind the scenes, the club obviously wants to play its cards close to its chest.  That''s a pain for nosey people like us but prevents any unguarded comments from muddying the waters.  It could also be because it puts the players in a very difficult position sticking them in front of the media and they may not have been keen on this themselves.  Even without any comments its pretty obvious that something''s happening behind the scenes and if it ends up with players going out and in and a better allround squad I''d be happy enough!

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]I applaud any ban to stop Doc and Russell talking. Wes is a waste of time too. Another co*k of you ask me, which you didn''t.[/quote]

Surely one cook is more than enough at this club.;-)

[quote user="Rustys 1st Touch"]Is it because he was worried they might say they want to play for Norwich and fight for a place in the side.

More PR spin from the club attempting to engineer moves for players who don''t want to leave and are now being forced out.

For me the board have serious questions to answer as to how they''ve allowed this ludicrous situtation to come to pass. Attempting to loan out three of our better players in the middle of September to save a few pennies.

[/quote]

Where does it say that he banned them from talking please, it would make interesting reading if so.

Could it be that they didn''t much want to talk to the press?

It says it here WAY. It doesn''t say Lambert banned them though.However, it seems pretty obvious to me. If we''re negotiating with another club, it could blow our careful tactics out of the water if the player said "I can''t wait to leave, I''m dying to get to Ipswich" (an example only!).

[quote user="Nuff Said"]It says it here WAY. It doesn''t say Lambert banned them though.

However, it seems pretty obvious to me. If we''re negotiating with another club, it could blow our careful tactics out of the water if the player said "I can''t wait to leave, I''m dying to get to Ipswich" (an example only!).
[/quote]

Footballers would never be that thick.......surely!!!!!

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Rustys 1st Touch"]Is it because he was worried they might say they want to play for Norwich and fight for a place in the side.

More PR spin from the club attempting to engineer moves for players who don''t want to leave and are now being forced out.

For me the board have serious questions to answer as to how they''ve allowed this ludicrous situtation to come to pass. Attempting to loan out three of our better players in the middle of September to save a few pennies.

[/quote]

Where does it say that he banned them from talking please, it would make interesting reading if so.

Could it be that they didn''t much want to talk to the press?

[/quote]

No, they were banned by Lambo from giving interviews.  Or, if you prefer, "not available for interview." 

[:|][;)]

It''s an easy guess this end.  They''ve been circulated as available on loan (with or without restrictions on which League and with or without an option to buy in January).

I''ve got a prediction of my own.[:D]

Crook won''t last the season with you.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]Why do you reckon that? Are his comments after the reserve game too outspoken for Lamberts liking? This is all a bit Roeder-esque!

[quote user="Rustys 1st Touch"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

Why do you reckon that? Are his comments after the reserve game too outspoken for Lamberts liking? This is all a bit Roeder-esque!
[/quote]

A spokesman for Camuldonum said last night: "I cannot comment on press speculation."

[quote user="6th May 1939"]If he speaks as well as he plays then it will be like Professor Stanley Unwin never died.[/quote]

Yes he is a very good talker.

We have it in reserve this end.[:P]

Because he don''t want anyone know that Manure have offered 30.000.000 for them in a combine deal to be agreed in January, and we are to keep them fit untill then so they are on loan to us now

I think its great that they''re banned from talking to the media.  How many times have we heard them say we must perform better, we owe the fans more etc.  Its about time they started talking on the pitch with performances and results than making excuses and false promises in the press.

[quote user="Nuff Said"]It says it here WAY. It doesn''t say Lambert banned them though.

However, it seems pretty obvious to me. If we''re negotiating with another club, it could blow our careful tactics out of the water if the player said "I can''t wait to leave, I''m dying to get to Ipswich" (an example only!).
[/quote]

Thanks for that link.  It doesn''t say they were banned from speaking.  I take your slant on things too, if things were ongoing the club would be silly to let the players blab (possibly) at this stage.

Here here Christov, I totally agree with that sentiment.

So many times last season we heard players in the press saying that they were goign to battle on and they still had games left to win and it was all a load of tosh!!

Fair enough, I agree most of the players talk nonsense but I don''t hear many of you having a go at Holt he comes out with comments. Its just because he''s flavour of the month at the moment. And fickle fans will soon grow tired of him after a while.Ironically, I''m more interested in what players who are not in the team have to say about the situation. Far more interesting than a player who is guaranteed his place in the side and will not want to rock the boat.

But he has been talking and playing a good game, that''s the difference, last season it was talk the talk, but the team could hardly crawl the crawl.