Sign in to follow this  
Sideshow Tim

Gold Sullivan latest....

[quote user="Shabutie"]Am I the only one who doesn''t want those dirty b*stards buying our club?
[/quote]

So if it came down to a choice of sticking with Grandma Smith and Grandpa Jones and going into administration or Gold and Sullivan coming in and taking over would you stick with Smith and Jones?

I''m afraid in our current situation I don''t see how we can afford to be choosy tbh, some may consider Gold and Sullivan dodgy because of how they have made their money but they have done nothing illegal as far as I''m aware.

[quote user="Shabutie"]Am I the only one who doesn''t want those dirty b*stards buying our club?
[/quote]

No, I am sure there are some other idiots out there too...

I couldn''t give a toss how they made their money so long as it''s legal. I''d welcome them with open arms over Delia Smith.

[quote user="Lambo"]I couldn''t give a toss how they made their money so long as it''s legal. I''d welcome them with open arms over Delia Smith.[/quote]

Called double standards.

Seems everyone knows what he does, most seem to have very detailed knowledge but oh dear its sinfull!

Cover the piano legs in case some of the younger element get carried away.[:D]

If his money is good, it was earnt honestly as far as I can tell, so lets have a big chunk invested in our club.

Thank Delia nicely and wave ta ta .

.. are you accusing my of double standards??? because your post was more or less exactly the same as what i said.

[quote user="Lambo"].. are you accusing my of double standards??? because your post was more or less exactly the same as what i said.[/quote]

No agreeing with you, just emphazising the point.

[quote user="Paint Me Yellow"]

If they took over I''m just wondering what kind of "merchandise" will be sold in the club shop....?

[/quote]Can just see the vibrating flags for the lineos now… a pink handle with a pointy thing poking out. Would bring a whole new meaning to "You can shove that f**king flag up your a**e!"[:$]

[quote user="Camuldonum"]Crossbar challenge would be out of the window for starters to be replaced at half time by Supporters Wives and Girl Friends.[:O][/quote]

Well, whatever, I say.

So long as we can get Martin Taylor back to stay.

Now that''s a happy thought.

Although they may have to take over the EDP etc. to add some razmatazz to the Fine City of Norwich.

And then add pole dancing at Delia''s on Saturdays?

My goodness at that rate Norfolk could declare independence - and, and, and ...........City would have an automatic place in Europe.

The possibilities, oh the possibilities......... I mean, they may even get Steve Bruce back in to take us on a ride up to that promised land.

Norfolk and Norwich would have a collective orgasm, I reckon.

Now come on lads - get those repititions in and ...........

[:D]

OTBC

Sullivan, Brady and Ralph Gold have put up billboard posters of themselves across Birmingham City centre to say ''Goodby'' to the fans.No David Gold on these posters mind you.[img]http://images.icnetwork.co.uk/upl/birmmail/sep2009/3/5/goodbye-556231260.jpg[/img]

Look at it this way, they have put millions into Birmingham, they have been very quick to gain promotion more than once, they have made the stands bigger by 10.000, I admit they can''t fill the ground, but thats no fault of thiers, could they be good for us or do we leave things as they are and sink to the bottom, anyone who says that they don''t want them here are not fans of Norwich nor do they have any ambition, I predict, if they come here we will be back in Europe in 4 years

[quote user="canarytom"]Think how good the centrefold spread will be in the match day programme![/quote]

hope its not delia , mind could always stick it to cupboard doors to frighten kids off

[quote user="Mello Yello"]Karren Brady fancies me....FACT![/quote]

Congratulations.  It''s been a long wait probably.  Perhaps it was your awesome (relatively) use of graphics which made her mind up?

As she has probably told you by now in a sweet whisper there is only one r in Karen you chap.[:D]

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

Congratulations.  It''s been a long wait probably.  Perhaps it was your awesome (relatively) use of graphics which made her mind up?

As she has probably told you by now in a sweet whisper there is only one r in Karen you chap.[:D]

[/quote]

Please put your teeth in....I didn''t quite catch that?

A work colleague of mine is a Brum fan & had to pay £45 to watch their game against Villa at the weekend in their equivalent of the N&P stand.

Be careful what you wish for - if they were to come in they may bring finacial clout but a lot of regulars may not have the money to see the result of that on the pitch.

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Okay.  Photobucket is ******* useless.  If you cannot progress beyond that I don''t think we can help.  You obviously have sizing probs.  We can help you with those.[:D]

I never realised that Smudger was "Bio Dynamic" until we had an accidental collision on Twitter.

Coupled with Lakey''s Twitter picture (captured just seconds after he was told that Roeder had been fired) I don''t think I can help further.

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Okay.  Photobucket is ******* useless.  If you cannot progress beyond that I don''t think we can help.  You obviously have sizing probs.  We can help you with those.[:D]

I never realised that Smudger was "Bio Dynamic" until we had an accidental collision on Twitter.

Coupled with Lakey''s Twitter picture (captured just seconds after he was told that Roeder had been fired) I don''t think I can help further.

[/quote]

I only copy and paste ''Google images''....A bit like you copy and pasting your ''scoops''.....

Anyway, who''s ''WE''?....

[quote user="Bexley"]

A work colleague of mine is a Brum fan & had to pay £45 to watch their game against Villa at the weekend in their equivalent of the N&P stand.

Be careful what you wish for - if they were to come in they may bring finacial clout but a lot of regulars may not have the money to see the result of that on the pitch.

[/quote]

If it meant having a better team I''d rather pay a bit more, as in all walks of life you get what you pay for. If they provided the money to put a decent team together I don''t think we''d have to many problems selling tickets.

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I only copy and paste ''Google images''....A bit like you copy and pasting your ''scoops''.....

Anyway, who''s ''WE''?....

[/quote]

Many Google Images are nicked from Photobucket.

BOTulike.

FFS.

Whatever  dear, you are still a chap.  Although a big chap in your pool.

[quote user="Buckethead"]Sullivan, Brady and Ralph Gold have put up billboard posters of themselves across Birmingham City centre to say ''Goodby'' to the fans.

No David Gold on these posters mind you.

[img]http://images.icnetwork.co.uk/upl/birmmail/sep2009/3/5/goodbye-556231260.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

Is it me or does Karen Brady look abit like Steven Seagal?

[quote user="Mr McNally''s Alter Ego"]The girl upstairs has heard the Keith Harris is trying to help do a deal with Cardiff.  [;)]
[/quote

Whereas the EDP reporter outside the Matthews plant in the Bird Flu Thingie (remember that?) having been told that via Agence France Presse (which Archant don''t buy because it is very expensive) that the Bootiful Norfolk Turkeys what came with the Bird Flu had in fact been flown in from Bootiful Factory No 7 in downtown Hungary and who memorably said, having cobbled it off The girl upstairs of low repute: "I''ve spoken to the News Editor and apparently we are not going to use it."

Perhaps either you or Web Team Pete would like to discuss that one? 

[:|]

Do me a favour guv.  I know it''s all you''ve got but still.............

One love as someone might say.

[quote user="Bexley"]

[/quote]They don''t have an equivalent to the N&P. They''re ground is shit. I think most brum fans would be delighted to ay a bit more to have anything as nice as the N&P to sit in.Seriously- that place is made out of corrugated cardboard isn''t it?

[quote user="Yellow Shirt"][quote user="Bexley"]

[/quote]They don''t have an equivalent to the N&P. They''re ground is shit. I think most brum fans would be delighted to ay a bit more to have anything as nice as the N&P to sit in.Seriously- that place is made out of corrugated cardboard isn''t it?[/quote]You might be thinking of the ground which Gold and Sullivan inherited which looked like a cluster of pig sheds painted blue. The corrugated iron was condemned the minute Sullivan first set eyes on the ground and within a year or two pretty well the entire stadium had been rebuilt and converted into all seater. (Blues were in the 3rd division at the time so this was not neccesitated by the Taylor report).And this from the Birmingham mail:"If you ranks clubs from 1 (Premiership champions) to 92 (Bottom of

League 2) then you will find that in the 5 years before the current

Board arrived our average position was about 44th and over the last 5

years our average position was about 19th - that represents progress in

my book".

So in summary they took a third division club, rebuilt the ground completely improved them by approx 25 places in the league on average and left them in the Premiership (again) with a net saleable value of  several times that of our well run club during the same period that our average league position has fallen by approx 25 places, we''ve been hocked up to the max and now sit at our lowest level for more than fifty years.[:@]