Sign in to follow this  
PhatCanary

Two big mistakes from PL today

Cureton starting and Hoolahan no even on the bench,todays game was screaming out for Wes today and to me it''s a huge mistake not having him on the bench,as for picking Barn door infront of Cody,how? is the only question,in 25 minutes Cody did more and looked more threatening than Barn door has in two games.Poor game today on the pitch not helped by poor choices off it i''m afraid.Another no show at Carrow road.

i actually thought cureton did ok again today linked up play well and put a few decent balls across the box which he must have wished he had been on the end off, about the only time we got crosses in. wasnt that impressed with cody to be honest one good run where should have had a free kick for shirt pull but the other times had same problem as cureton and that was beating 6 6 guys in the air, also held onto the ball too long at times when he could have played people insurprised he subbed mcveigh as thought all good things went through him

[quote user="matt crowhurst"]i actually thought cureton did ok again today linked up play well and put a few decent balls across the box which he must have wished he had been on the end off, about the only time we got crosses in. wasnt that impressed with cody to be honest one good run where should have had a free kick for shirt pull but the other times had same problem as cureton and that was beating 6 6 guys in the air, also held onto the ball too long at times when he could have played people in

surprised he subbed mcveigh as thought all good things went through him
[/quote]

I don''t think you could have got that more wrong if you tried to, to be honest.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Hoolhoop, yeh well...*shrugs*

Curo > Cody Mac was the biggest error

[/quote]

Why the shrug, you wanted to sell him didn''t you?

Do you still want him to go?

to be honest thats how i and plenty of people round me saw it today, which bits do you think i got wrong then as you cant be implying cody played well, mcveigh looked the best midfielder and was surprised at how much Holt struggled and ended up conceding free kicks due to frustration

[quote user="matt crowhurst"]i actually thought cureton did ok again today linked up play well and put a few decent balls across the box which he must have wished he had been on the end off, about the only time we got crosses in. wasnt that impressed with cody to be honest one good run where should have had a free kick for shirt pull but the other times had same problem as cureton and that was beating 6 6 guys in the air, also held onto the ball too long at times when he could have played people in

[/quote]

Sorry Matt but have you had a few,you could not be more wrong,how the hell you can make the above statement is beyond me,again footy is all about opinions but come on fella you must be joking with that one!?!

[quote user="matt crowhurst"]to be honest thats how i and plenty of people round me saw it today, which bits do you think i got wrong then as you cant be implying cody played well, mcveigh looked the best midfielder and was surprised at how much Holt struggled and ended up conceding free kicks due to frustration[/quote]Something which i think fans of his old club did warn us about, if i remember correctly.

Lambert is starting to annoy me now too! Everyone has to blame him for today''s pathetic performance. He is the one who picks the team!

First of all,Hoolahan should be starting up front alongside Grant Holt. Cureton is a joke and has been ever since he came back here! Why isn''t Hoolahan starting?? He is not even on the bench. What the hell is Lambert playing at?? Why can''t the press have the balls to question this???

Cody Mcdonald and Chris Martin should be a head of Cureton too. The majority of fans will soon all turn on Lambert if he is not careful! I don''t know how many more games I can put up with Cureton starting matches ahead of Hoolahan, Mcdonald and Chris Martin! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! I need a punch bag now!

dont drink mate sorry, just the way quite a few of us saw it Cureton done just as well as cody although having said all of that i would actually give martin a chance above both of them and not just for one game but for a few as he has done well when played

[quote user="matt crowhurst"]to be honest thats how i and plenty of people round me saw it today, which bits do you think i got wrong then as you cant be implying cody played well, mcveigh looked the best midfielder and was surprised at how much Holt struggled and ended up conceding free kicks due to frustration
[/quote]

Well no offence to you and the people around you but...I think you''re a little way off the mark.

Cureton...usual stuff, didn''t worry their defence at all, pretends he''s trying to close people down but does it with no real conviction...had a great chance to roll a ball across the edge of the box for someone to run on to but played a rubbish ball. And as a striker he should know how to play a ball like that, as if he were to be the one attacking it.

Cody... still needs plenty of work but you can, quite easily see, how much more of a problem he is for defenders than Jamie. He''s got the pace and persistence to cause problems. Which he did.

As for McVeigh... I''m a big fan of the guy, he''s got a lot of quality, but except for one terrific knock over the top for Holt I though he struggled to make much happen. Out classed by Stephen Hughes in midfield, by some distance.

[quote user="matt crowhurst"]dont drink mate sorry, just the way quite a few of us saw it Cureton done just as well as cody although having said all of that i would actually give martin a chance above both of them and not just for one game but for a few as he has done well when played
[/quote]

Martin is ok if he can be bothered,his attitude is his major problem but for me Cody should start the next game,IMO you and the "quite a few around you" who thought Barn door done ok must have been watching the wrong player,he was rubbish AGAIN, just bloody awful!! but as i say it''s all about opinions and we will have to agree to disagree on JC.

I think I''m right in saying Cureton got his first touch of the ball on 19 minutes and 8 seconds. We were watching out for it after 6 minutes because the football was rubbish and we were bored and someone said Cureton hadn''t had a touch

Cureton has started the last three league games and has had zero shots as far as I am aware. Correct me if I am wrong, but surely this could be one reason why Holt is getting frustrated. Cody must start the next game or I really do despair !! 

For me Cody should start the next game with Holt, Curo and Holt just don''t have an understanding whilst Cody n Holt look like they do have an understanding.

WLY was ok today, didn''t look outclassed by Hughes by means, didn''t think Hughes was at all impressive compared to previous games.

[quote user="colneycanary"]Lambert is starting to annoy me now too! Everyone has to blame him for today''s pathetic performance. He is the one who picks the team! First of all,Hoolahan should be starting up front alongside Grant Holt. Cureton is a joke and has been ever since he came back here! Why isn''t Hoolahan starting?? He is not even on the bench. What the hell is Lambert playing at?? Why can''t the press have the balls to question this??? Cody Mcdonald and Chris Martin should be a head of Cureton too. The majority of fans will soon all turn on Lambert if he is not careful! I don''t know how many more games I can put up with Cureton starting matches ahead of Hoolahan, Mcdonald and Chris Martin! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! I need a punch bag now![/quote]

Here we go.[:(]

[quote user="Downloads"]

Why the shrug, you wanted to sell him didn''t you?

Do you still want him to go?

[/quote]No i belive he is a luxuary item. To be honest he is not allowed to play his way so whats the point in keeping him here if Lambert isnt going to play football suited to his game ?Its like trying to offroad rally, in a Ferrari roadster.The shurg was merely my way of saying " I honestly dont think he would have made any differences today because he is not allowed to !"From what was heralded from Blackpool to what has arrived im afraid hes a bit of a disapointment.Ok yeh, he is our joint second league goal scorer this season with Askou, both on 2 goals.Goal 1 = A peno which Drury seemed miffed about him takingGoal 2 = a rebound off Cody''s header that hit the woodworkSure every goal counts, but he didnt slip round 5 players and pull off a Korey Smith did he ?

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]No i belive he is a luxuary item. To be honest he is not allowed to play his way so whats the point in keeping him here if Lambert isnt going to play football suited to his game ?[/quote]

Won''t find me disagreeing with that.

The question is: Should we find a more appropriate position for him to play in, or simply let him go?

Well, i dunno his wages. If they really are scrapping the cobwebs off Aunty Delias check book then we may well be forced to let him go.Its a risk though. I think un-fortunatly Lambert dropping him is the correct decision.Look at it like this :We create a lovely flowing 4-3-3 around Wes, using him as a support player and start playing well and winning.Come January just when we are grooving, some fat cat comes along and drops £5m on him to take him to the Championship.Where would that leave us ???Who would fill the gap ???We would be left without our central player and would struggle to replace him. The team would lose its glue because the key element was gone and we would slide off.Or by dropping Wes, Lambert can concentrate on things and not have to worry about losing his key stone player.Shocking and un-fortunate, but its not like we can lose Wes then go snapping up some Brazilian play maker within a month.Gotta remember, as we are in Div 3 whos gonna honestly want to come to us ?We will be looking at past its or up and commers. We can kiss good bye the days of luring quality play makers to the club for a while at least.I think the only real option in the play making department is Hughes.My mate is a Exeter fan and we had a long Matty Gill convo last night, he said we play him wrong and hes better in the hole playing ( where we all wanna see Wes ). But then did conceed to saying that Gill was a conferance player 2 years ago so the step up might not be in him.

To cut it short, i think using Wes properly is not worth the risk for Lambert !Therefore, lets wave him goodbye and take what we can get for him cos then we can buy some utility mid fielder,  a big pacey centre back or a perma keeper.I think everyone would agree the big pacey centre back should be top of the xmas list.

Come on dude, please tell me you aren''t saying we shouldn''t play him because we might sell him cos he''s playing so well  [:(]

I think Cureton is bein used as someone to wear the opposition down, then throw on the pace in McDonald and Daley.Cureton might come good, there is a chance (maybe a small one ?) that he will find his touch, confidence and goals.  You will have to play him for at least five games to see it.  Is it worth the gamble?

[/quote]

Everybody sees a different game , I actually agree with you matt, cureton was the only player who looked like he might score or create a chance for another to score, as for Macdonald, I am not convinced by him  at all yet, holt looks slow, unable to judge his timing when jumping for a header, and the two small strikers where actually more likely to win the headers today. As for the posters who call cureton  "barn door"...........does that now apply to holt?

Matt my boy, methinks you are the one who''s got it wrong.......Cureton was awful.....just how long can you play a striker who does not score goals.......week after weeks after week goes by and he is nowhere near.....his body language today when he was taken off said it all for me......and McVeigh just was not in the game first half, and when he was such poor delivery into the box......all in all a poor day, poor side, poor opposition and a very poor game.

[quote user="Downloads"]

Come on dude, please tell me you aren''t saying we shouldn''t play him because we might sell him cos he''s playing so well  [:(]

[/quote]Nah, im saying... if we do sell him we will not replace him.And if the team is built around him when he goes they will fall to plop !Lambert probably doesnt want to risk losing the lynch pin of his team so has decided not to set one !

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="Downloads"]

[/quote]

Nah, im saying... if we do sell him we will not replace him.
And if the team is built around him when he goes they will fall to plop !
Lambert probably doesnt want to risk losing the lynch pin of his team so has decided not to set one !
[/quote]

He had pledged his troth to you but, for whatever reason, that situation has changed.

I believe the goodbyes are coming from Norwich, not from the player.

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="matt crowhurst"]to be honest thats how i and plenty of people round me saw it today, which bits do you think i got wrong then as you cant be implying cody played well, mcveigh looked the best midfielder and was surprised at how much Holt struggled and ended up conceding free kicks due to frustration[/quote]

Well no offence to you and the people around you but...I think you''re a little way off the mark.

Cureton...usual stuff, didn''t worry their defence at all, pretends he''s trying to close people down but does it with no real conviction...had a great chance to roll a ball across the edge of the box for someone to run on to but played a rubbish ball. And as a striker he should know how to play a ball like that, as if he were to be the one attacking it.

Cody... still needs plenty of work but you can, quite easily see, how much more of a problem he is for defenders than Jamie. He''s got the pace and persistence to cause problems. Which he did.

As for McVeigh... I''m a big fan of the guy, he''s got a lot of quality, but except for one terrific knock over the top for Holt I though he struggled to make much happen. Out classed by Stephen Hughes in midfield, by some distance.

[/quote]Mate, I think you''ve got the wrong end of the stick too!! Hughes was good for about 30 minutes today and then he faded away into the background completely. Uses the ball fairly well but I really can''t remember a successful tackle from him at any stage in the game!! Our midfield was fully crap today. Rusty came on and really looked like he couldn''t be arsed either. It''s plain to see that nobody in the centre of our midfield took the game by the scruff of the neck. Poor, poor performance by everyone involved. I pretty much fell asleep.The most exciement I had was at the bar at half time when I thought a couple of guys were gonna kick off because someone was trying to push in. Just highlighted the frustration we were all experiencing.Absolutely pathetic all over the pitch. That''s it.