Sign in to follow this  
Sideshow Tim

McNally - for or against?

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="canary cherub "]

So far so good and a massive improvement on his predecessor. 

For the first time in years the club has a stated objective for the season, ie. "Promotion and nothing else" (McNally).

[/quote]

A lampost would be a massive improvement on his predecessor but what has this guy achieved so far? Nothing much that I can see.

[/quote]

A shift in the balance of the power in the boardroom?  I don''t call that "nothing much".   

If he''s sided with the new boys against the majority shareholders he''s taken a fair old risk imo.  He''s an employee of the club at the end of the day, and if D&M decided to sack him there''s not much the other board members could do except resign.  Don''t tell me it couldn''t happen, who''d have thought the events of the last week would happen?  Hell hath no fury and all that . . .

[quote user="Sideshow Tim"]The ''legend'' tag was made by me Ricardo. My opinion, or are you not allowed to have one nowadays. I was referring to the way in which McNally disposed of Gunn which impressed me greatly. I believe that this club has just hit the ground at it''s lowest point and will now start an upward turn. However, it won''t happen with Delia still at the helm. Lets watch this space, it''s going to be an interesting week or so and one that Delia will not like one bit.[/quote]

Perhaps you would agree then that "Legend" was way over the top?

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="bristol_canary"]hes done nothing yet. lets see if he brings in the right man
[/quote]

haha spot on Bristol... doesn''t stop clowns above coming out with comments like "the best thing to happen to Norwich since Darren Huckerby" though does it??? [:$]

I wonder how many people are going to pin the blame of our wonderful new manager not getting us promoted on Mr McNally?  I wonder how many of our stupid fans are prepared to give this guy endless time to get it right this season, because yet again they have backed the wrong horse?  I wonder if this was Delia''s plan in voting alongside McNally and the new board members in the sacking of Bryan Gunn all along?

Seems to me like Smith & Jones are off the hook with the majority yet again, whatever happens.

[/quote]

I certainly wouldn''t have said that Delia''s was the face of someone who agreed with the sacking of Bryan Gunn when they did the press conference.

I know that the official club line is that it was a unanimous decision, but they''re not exactly likely to come out and say "we had a massive bun fight", doesn''t exactly give the right impression to any potential new managers now does it??

Let''s see who they bring in this time before we dismiss their chances.

[quote user="Sideshow Tim"]......as the question reads. FOR I personally don''t think he was brought here by Delia. I think an ''outside party'' has brought him in and this ''party'' is about to be revealed.[/quote]

Exactly......and I''m totally for him............unless Hasselbonk does show up![;)]

I''m all for him, since he seems to be ruthless and intelligent, and has set his goals firmly in stone.  If he fails, he''ll likely ''do the right thing'', whereas Doomy would never spout any targets for fear of falling short.Smudger, why slag him off for not putting any of his own money into the club? He''s the Chief Executive, that''s not what he''s there for.  Sure he''s been given a place on the board, but that''s likely because of his business acumen rather than his financial input.I''ll assume you understand that fully....

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]If the damn quotes worked properly then I could easily have shown that I was referring to Smudger who does nothing but complain in a negative manner about everything from the board to teh manager to the players. He behaves like a little spoilt kid who continually whines until everyone around gets thoroughly jarred off with everything connected with the club. His ''solutions'' are usually ridiculous and not well thought out. It doesn''t take much to use hindsight and whinge with ''if only'' or ''we should have''. That''s the easiest thing in the world. Yes I too am fed up with what has happened over the last decade but I bet Leeds fans, Bradford fans and many other ex-Premiership club''s fans feel the same way. Let''s just have a little bit of optimism, let''s just have a little bit of hope, let''s have just a little bit of a dream that one day we will return to past glories instead of always complaining about everything. In everything there is always some good, perhaps some people on this board should occasionally try looking for the good instead of always the bad.[/quote]

You Sir are a prat!

None of my theories on what has been going wrong at our club have come with the benefit of hindsight.  I am usually one of the first to offer an opinion and rarely sit on the fence.

My opinion over what will happen to NCFC over the last few years has been a lot closer to reality than most.

Maybe I am better suited to making the decisions we are being led to believe our new CEO has made?

[quote user="Sideshow Tim"]The ''legend'' tag was made by me Ricardo. My opinion, or are you not allowed to have one nowadays. I was referring to the way in which McNally disposed of Gunn which impressed me greatly. I believe that this club has just hit the ground at it''s lowest point and will now start an upward turn. However, it won''t happen with Delia still at the helm. Lets watch this space, it''s going to be an interesting week or so and one that Delia will not like one bit.[/quote]

McNally did not dipose of Gunn, he simply does not have the power to do so.

Don''t let that stop you declaring him as a "legend" and equally declaring him the ''villian'' when it all goes wrong though (just as those with the real power at Carrow Road expect of you).

My belief is that David McNally is the forerunner of new investment in the club and the will ultimately spell the end for The Suffolks...unless they wake up and smell the roses and get rid of him before he does for them.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="bristol_canary"]hes done nothing yet. lets see if he brings in the right man
[/quote]

haha spot on Bristol... doesn''t stop clowns above coming out with comments like "the best thing to happen to Norwich since Darren Huckerby" though does it??? [:$]

I wonder how many people are going to pin the blame of our wonderful new manager not getting us promoted on Mr McNally?  I wonder how many of our stupid fans are prepared to give this guy endless time to get it right this season, because yet again they have backed the wrong horse?  I wonder if this was Delia''s plan in voting alongside McNally and the new board members in the sacking of Bryan Gunn all along?

Seems to me like Smith & Jones are off the hook with the majority yet again, whatever happens.

[/quote]

Not with me they aren''t off the hook, not by a long shot.

What do you make of this whole Gunny sacking Smudger?  Something going on?

[/quote]

No, other than a few silly games by the devious duo.

This is exactly what they would like people to believe in my view.  When it all goes wrong it will be the 3 new (easy to dispose of) board members who will be to blame for getting shot of Gunn.

At the moment I''m 100% behind him.Not becuase of what he has or has not done since he''s been at the club - everything I''ve seen written on here so far is pure speculation.  No one actually know who started the ball rolling to sack Gunn, and no one knows exactly how tough or otherwise McNally is.  We''ve all got ideas (some sensible, some as mad as they come), but that''s all they are really.I''m behind him because he is an employee of Norwich City Football club and deserves my support until he proves otherwise (like his predecessor who was justifiably sacked/resigned).

Expectations have been raised but the proof of the pudding is whether the next manager is successful. He''s done nothing yet. If he appoints another baffoon I will be quite happy to see him whipped out of the county.

[quote user="CT "][quote user="now youre gotta believe us"]David McNally is the best thing to happen to Norwich since Darren Huckerby signed![/quote]Agree ![/quote]Also agree

I have to sit on the fence for a few days yet. Having identified a problem I would have thought/hoped he would have a solution . Deciding BG wasn''t good enough is fine by me but to fire him without a replacement lined up, if indeed he hasn''t, isn''t the smartest thing to do.

I am giving him a few days to see what he comes up with.