Sign in to follow this  
canary cherub

Tribute to Sir Bobby at Colchester game

Announced yesterday at the Wigan game - 1 min applause before the game next Saturday. 

Ipswich''s two deadliest rivals uniting to pay tribute to the man who won them the UEFA Cup - ironic but somehow fitting.

I''d prefer a minute''s silence but these days you can''t get people to turn off their mobiles, so better applause than a silence not properly observed.  And it would only take one attention-seeking idiot shouting "Scum!" to bring shame on the club.

I prefer silence, the roar after it has finished sends a shiver down my spine, but i will be applauding the memories of bobby. RIP

[quote user="canary cherub "]

Announced yesterday at the Wigan game - 1 min applause before the game next Saturday. 

Ipswich''s two deadliest rivals uniting to pay tribute to the man who won them the UEFA Cup - ironic but somehow fitting.

I''d prefer a minute''s silence but these days you can''t get people to turn off their mobiles, so better applause than a silence not properly observed.  And it would only take one attention-seeking idiot shouting "Scum!" to bring shame on the club.

[/quote]Sad but true ! :(

I went to the Forest game after Brian Clough died, and they did a 2 minutes silence but instead it was 2 minutes of singing "Brian Clough''s a Football genius" repeated. That was good.

[quote]Deserves more than that, but at least its something for the great man.[/quote]every match in the county in silence/applause not alot more that could be done for him

[/quote]

I have come to prefer the applause.  Firstly it is more celebratory but probably in this day and age it takes care of those who who cannot keep silence for a minute or who think it fun to keep on talking/shouting.

I do agree that if the silence is held for a minute it is awesome but this is now............

When Sir Bobby''s widow turned up today to view the tributes at the Newcastle ground she was applauded all the way along.  That was moving, too, I thought.

So bring on the applause.  We''ll do our best to join in.

Obviously it''s good to celebrate Sir Bobby''s life in any way, however I can''t stand the minute''s applause. Anyone can make lots of noise. It takes some sort of discipline to stay silent and the whole point of being quiet is to reflect on the subject. And as has already been pointed out, 25000 people silent at a football match is a very powerful expression of feeling. 25000 people being noisy at a football match is pretty much business as usual.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Should be accompanied by "theres only one bobby robson"[/quote]

Come on guys, let''s get the chorus of only one Bobby Robson, this man was a legend!

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Should be accompanied by "theres only one bobby robson"[/quote]

Good idea [Y]after the minutes applause i will try to kick of a "THERES ONLY ONE BOBBY ROBSON"...upper barclay[Y]

[/quote]

[quote user="Chrisr"]Obviously it''s good to celebrate Sir Bobby''s life in any way, however I can''t stand the minute''s applause.

Anyone can make lots of noise. It takes some sort of discipline to stay silent and the whole point of being quiet is to reflect on the subject.

And as has already been pointed out, 25000 people silent at a football match is a very powerful expression of feeling. 25000 people being noisy at a football match is pretty much business as usual.
[/quote]I think Sir Bobby would want noise not silence

[/quote]

I prefer silence to applause.

any tribute to the great man will be muchly greeted by me. i think if anyone had the nerve to shout scum if we done a silence then surely they could be singled out with the technology these days? lets give him the send off and the song he deserves

[/quote]

Step forward and take a bow GJL Mid Norfolk Canary!

Nice To See That A Norwich Scarf Has Been Tied To The Fence Next To The Sir Bobby Robson Statue At Portman Road, Nice Work [Y]

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="canary cherub "]

[/quote]

[/quote]Thought you were gonna mention my name in there Beau [Y]......

[quote user="CT "][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="canary cherub "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thought you were gonna mention my name in there Beau [Y]......
[/quote]

No CT, you''re doing very well since your return![:D]

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="CT "][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="canary cherub "]

[/quote]

[/quote]Thought you were gonna mention my name in there Beau [Y]...... [/quote]

No CT, you''re doing very well since your return![:D]

[/quote]You dont hate me anymore? [IMG]http://i655.photobucket.com/albums/uu276/Canary2345/GREAT_SUCCESS.png[/IMG]