Sign in to follow this  

No bye for JPT first round

[url=http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/JPTNewsDetail/0,,10794~1741698,00.html]http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/JPTNewsDetail/0,,10794~1741698,00.html[/url]Which means a game against one of...Barnet, Brentford, Colchester United, Dagenham & Redbridge, Gillingham, Millwall, Milton Keynes Dons...in the first round.

No, it means we will be drawn (away, as usual) against one of the teams in our ''section'' in the first round for a one-off match which is decided on pens if a draw after 90 mins.The draw is on Soccer AM Saturday after next.

No I don''t believe so. It''s broken into sub - national areas to begin

with and I think the two divisions come together after area finals for

a National Final.

[quote user="USA Canary"]

Does anyone know why Leed, Charlton, Southampton and Notts County all get a bye and we don''t?

http://www.norwichcity-mad.co.uk/news/loadnews.asp?cid=TMNW&id=455647

[/quote]The draw for byes was random, except sides who got byes last year were not allowed one this year.If we win the first match we face one of Charlton, Brighton, Southend or Leyton Orient in the 2nd round.

To be honest as people are saying i think we need to stick the youths and reserves out in this competition. Im sure its not something we are particuarly bothered about. If we go out early nothing is lost but if if we can get a descent run it will be a good experience for the youngsters. We dont really want to get any key players injured in a tournament which isnt really that important to us

[quote user="seby1991"]To be honest as people are saying i think we need to stick the youths and reserves out in this competition. Im sure its not something we are particuarly bothered about. If we go out early nothing is lost but if if we can get a descent run it will be a good experience for the youngsters. We dont really want to get any key players injured in a tournament which isnt really that important to us[/quote]I think we should be bothered about it, there is a chance of 20 odd thousand city fans getting a day out at wembley, which is probably not going to happen via the league or fa cup, promotion and a wembley final victory would be the perfect season for me!

I hope we draw millwall or milton keyns dons n get knocked out... If not play the reserves/youths and go all the way. i wouldn''t risk the 1st team players if hoolahan or holt get injured playing in that would be very dissapointed

[quote user="seby1991"]To be honest as people are saying i think we need to stick the youths and reserves out in this competition. Im sure its not something we are particuarly bothered about. If we go out early nothing is lost but if if we can get a descent run it will be a good experience for the youngsters. We dont really want to get any key players injured in a tournament which isnt really that important to us[/quote]I believe they have rules to stop this. Have to play so many players from your regular starting line up I think.

If we''ve goy any sense about us at all we will exit this competetion at the first possible hurdle (not that we normally have much of a problem with that!)- if it means playing youngsters -then so be it.

We can''t let anything distract from the main job in hand.

I thought there was far more teams in the competition than that? I thought all the lower league sides in the Blue Square were in?

[quote user="Norwich"]MK Dons away please, easy 1 hour journey from sunny Nottingham! [:)][/quote]

Is that straight down the M1?

[quote user="seby1991"]Have to say i am struggling to understand why teams get these byes for[/quote]

Because, as all Fixture Secretary''s know, a knock out competition involving 48 teams will not work: 24:12:6: (oops[:$]: 3

So you reduce the factor to 32 games with 16 byes: 32:16:8:4:2  - much better.

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]

[quote user="Norwich"]MK Dons away please, easy 1 hour journey from sunny Nottingham! [:)][/quote]

Is that straight down the M1?

[/quote]

Pretty much I think, my dad will be taking me! [:p]

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

I thought there was far more teams in the competition than that? I thought all the lower league sides in the Blue Square were in?

[/quote]Used to be until a few years back (I distinctly remember Forest getting knocked out by the mighty Woking) but for some reason they don''t anymore. Must say I didn''t fancy the prospect of being beaten by Hayes & Yeading in the first round...

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

[/quote]
Used to be until a few years back (I distinctly remember Forest getting knocked out by the mighty Woking) but for some reason they don''t anymore. Must say I didn''t fancy the prospect of being beaten by Hayes & Yeading in the first round...
[/quote]

There was a time when they invited some of what they considered the top Blue Square teams into the competition but then realised that did not work and stopped it.  Eventually it dawned upon The Blazers that in August it was impossible to select who were the top teams.  You''d have more luck if you started the competition in January of course.